Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
What Do You Think Of Anime Popularity Factor? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MistressOfTheShadows

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:10 pm
do you prefer anime that has been dubbed into popularity, anime only dubbed on DVD, or anime that's only available in Japanese sub? Personaly I believe popularity dosen't matter. I love popular, unpopular, & virtually unknown anime!!! You should fallow your heart love what you love. After all, popularity won't change the storyline or remove your favorite charactors from it. For all you know, in the boring streach of the show... you chould be but a handful of episode away from an exiting plot twist that will introduce awasome & hot new charactors. I pitty the poor, unfortunate, ignorent, pathic, fair-weather-fans who blew there chance to drool over Jakotsu & Bankotsu I wish they could be mercifully killed by Naraku only to be brought back to wander the earth like Kikyo. & to thoughs fans *you know who you are* I mean what I said & make no apology for my assault on your dignity  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:35 pm
I like good anime. It matter not how popular it is. If it is a good anime I will watch it. It is true I think quite a few animes are over rated but if it is good then I have no problem with it. For example FLCL is a great anime with a fairly large fan group but it is still a great anime even if I refuse to watch it dubbed and think the number of Anime Music Videos for it is way to much for a 6 eps. OAV.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

SakuraSatoshi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:09 pm
doesnt realy matter if its mainstream r unknown as long as its good...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:21 pm
Wyrn
I like good anime. It matter not how popular it is. If it is a good anime I will watch it. It is true I think quite a few animes are over rated but if it is good then I have no problem with it. For example FLCL is a great anime with a fairly large fan group but it is still a great anime even if I refuse to watch it dubbed and think the number of Anime Music Videos for it is way to much for a 6 eps. OAV.

i agree.

once i saw how great hayao miyazaki was i bought all he stuff even before it was popular here.

other things that are heavily promoted can be good or bad, its often hard to tell unless you know the author or director.  

chessiejo

Mahrahia

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:24 pm
I prefer both. It's no good just sticking to one. I'd like to broaden my views of anime XD plus add names to my list of anime I've seen (even if it's one episode of the whole thing)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:33 pm
Wyrn

Ditto to that. ^^ I like whatever''s good. Like Last Hope is little known about right now (It''s American Manga, so no surprises there), but it''s an excellent series. Likewise, I enjoy series such as Bleach, Naruto, and Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle.

Whatever''s good is what I like. ^^

Excluding Yaoi/Yuri comics, unless they portray it in a really FUNNY way, like for the webcomic Aoi House.  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

vast_cerulean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:35 pm
Eh, popularity doesn't matter much to me. Some people will stop watching a series once it becomes popular, which I think is a completely idiotic action to take. I only stop reading/watching when the series doesn't interest me anymore.

Though, the only problem when a series becomes popular are all the dumb comments that fans write about it. Other than that, it doesn't matter. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:30 am
I don't care what type it is, as long as it's good, dammit!  

DudeOnSkateboard

Chibish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:21 pm
It just has to be good. :3 Though sometimes, the people who depend on the dubs ARE annoying.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:07 pm
i'll like any anime as long as it suits my taste. as for languages i watch it in japanese with englisch subtitles-no dubs

however i like to watch the anime that isnt really popular, and i like to watch some anime that are available in japan right now  

Undead Youthfulness

demona316

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:28 pm
to me, anime is anime

no matter where it is its good to me

i think that only snobs who have no apprecialtion for anime and the people that break their hums to bring them to you are the ones who prefer the stuff that is virtually unknown  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:35 pm
I prefer both with dubbing yoo can judge the voice actors. With subtitles yoo can see what they're really saying.  

Riou_Genkaku92

apocalypse rider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:19 pm
i like both the mainstream and underground kind  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:39 pm
both are alll goooood, as long as the content is good, everthing is alright  

Rainbow Testosterone

Kurokage Sanada83

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:41 pm
sometimes when an anime becomes to popular, it kills the effect the anime once had....That's kind of what happened to yu yu hakusho with me, though it is a great show, i used to like it back when it wasn't even on adult swim.it seems different now that everybody likes it  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff