Reply Pokemon Unleashed
Fire Red Elite 4 and unowns. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haven-Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:17 am
I beat The Elite 4 in 3 tries. The pokemon I used were CHarizard Zapdos Articuno MOltres Lapras and Hypno. The time limit I took from the start of the game to the elite four was 1 day and 15 hours wow. I have 25 unowns and I am missing the ?, O, -E how do i get those?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:06 am
Go back to the Sevii Island Ruins. (The multiple small islands on island 7)

Unknown ?: They can be found on the island farthest to the right, they are rare however (5%), so you are going to meet a lot of Unknown A as well.

Unknown O: Second Island from the right, also quite rare (5%).

Unknown E: Third island from the right, more common than the previous two, but still uncommon (10%)

Good luck. ^^

Oh, and make sure you explore the islands extensively. There are a lot of good stuff (and rarish pokemons) there. ^^  

krishnath

Haven-Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:49 am
2 more questions.
One:I have caught all 28 unowns what do I do with it or is it just a sidequest.
Two: I have searched and searched but I cant find Suicune.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:19 pm
Be patiant.  

Junk the Guild

krishnath

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:46 am
chainofsouls-kun
2 more questions.
One:I have caught all 28 unowns what do I do with it or is it just a sidequest.
Two: I have searched and searched but I cant find Suicune.

1. The unowns where just a side quest, one that isn't really needed to fill your dex, but a decent way to train your pokemon anyway. (Also, not a lot of people have the patience to get all the unown).

2. Getting your rare cat isn't hard (yes, they're cats not dogs), but it takes patience and perseverance. First you need to get a hold of a lot of repels. I prefer Super repels as they have the best value for the money spent. Once you have several, get a pokemon that is as close to, but not over, level 49 as possible, then go to the grass above the town where you boarded the SS. Anne. There is a small building there that leads to an underground road. Put the level 49 pokemon at the front of your party, use a repel, enter the grass and run around for about 30-50 steps. Then enter the small building, go back outside, and run around for 30-50 steps again. Rinse, repeat for as often as it takes. Remember to refill your repel when it's effect ends.
It works like this: Each time you enter or leave the building, the cat moves to a new area, meaning that eventually it ends up where you run around, and since it is higher level than the pokemon you lead with, it is unaffected by your repel. Thus if it is in the area and the game checks for random encounters (it does that every few steps) you can only encounter it, giving it an effective encounter rate of 100%! Then once it appears, you throw your master-ball and catch it. Simple as pie, however, it can take a very long time to appear in the area, I once spent four hours trying to catch one of the three cats. Seriously.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:54 pm
Thank you that will be very useful when my friend/god-brother lets me borrow his ds  

Haven-Hunter

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:44 pm
Ooh, that's useful I've been trying to find Suicune too....

But now I have a question; those Unown. What do you have to do to get them to appear? I've been to the islands ruins (i think), but there're never any pokemon there.....  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:44 am
Negai Boshi

But now I have a question; those Unown. What do you have to do to get them to appear? I've been to the islands ruins (i think), but there're never any pokemon there.....

The encounter rate in the southern ruins is pretty low. I think every few hundred steps. It's easier to meet them if you have traded over the white glass flute from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (At least I think it is the white glass flute that increases the encounter rate to 100% for the next step you take).  

krishnath

lila0291

Invisible Noob

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:55 am
Don't you have to solve that Tanoby Key thing? I have no idea what that puzzle was for, but that might be it...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:33 pm
krishnath
Negai Boshi

The encounter rate in the southern ruins is pretty low. I think every few hundred steps. It's easier to meet them if you have traded over the white glass flute from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (At least I think it is the white glass flute that increases the encounter rate to 100% for the next step you take).

So, there're no weird requirements? No matter how much I run around there, I havn't encountered a single Pokemon...I should waste my time running around in that ash on Sapphire to get a flute, I guess.....  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:08 am
lila0291
Don't you have to solve that Tanoby Key thing? I have no idea what that puzzle was for, but that might be it...

Yep, that's it, it also opens up the path to the cave/ruin where you find the sapphire (of course, some jerk steals it when you find it, so you have to go and get it back from Team Rocket).  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:44 pm
Just wondering when you said there were rare pokemon in the ruins in tanoby chamber.....what did you mean by that?  

Haven-Hunter

krishnath

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:49 am
chainofsouls-kun
Just wondering when you said there were rare pokemon in the ruins in tanoby chamber.....what did you mean by that?

There are 28 different Unown, Some of which have an encounter rate of 5% (I.e. only five percent of the pokemon you encounter are of this type). And that makes them rare.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:03 pm
Okay, I definatly got the sapphire a long time ago, but I don't think I ever solved the Tanoby Key, so i just went back and solved/re-solved it. Maybe I'll find Unown now! *searches*

Edit: WOOT! Unown! So that Tanoby Key fixed that, but it definatly wasn't needed for the sapphire...oh well....*tries to catch all the Unown* *sings "To Know the Unknown" from the 3rd movie soundtrack*  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:10 am
Negai Boshi
Okay, I definatly got the sapphire a long time ago, but I don't think I ever solved the Tanoby Key, so i just went back and solved/re-solved it. Maybe I'll find Unown now! *searches*

Edit: WOOT! Unown! So that Tanoby Key fixed that, but it definatly wasn't needed for the sapphire...oh well....*tries to catch all the Unown* *sings "To Know the Unknown" from the 3rd movie soundtrack*

There are different unown in each of the ruins. ^^  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces