Your ideas for Pokemon games Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:23 pm
What do you think would be a great new Pokemon game? I was thinking that a Pokemon Ranger game for the Wii would be something they'd obviously think of. What about you? What games do you think they should make????  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:55 pm
Pokemon MMO FTW!  

Fullmetal-Shinobi

DelitaKingdrake

8,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:35 pm
Fullmetal-Shinobi
Pokemon MMO FTW!
Can always hope  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:58 pm
That would be SO amazing. *daydreams of the possibilities*  

Negai Boshi
Captain

pkmplayerhaki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:15 pm
Negai that would be a cool idea since in the Ranger game you have to make a Cycle on the pokemon many tim to catach the pokemon but yeah that would be cool to have  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:27 am
Fullmetal-Shinobi
Free to play Pokemon MMO FTW!

Fixed for awesome. Basically, after you have bought the game it should be free to play... Diamond and Pearl are half-way there already. ^^

I think I have said this before, but I would like to see a huge (and I do mean huge) pokemon game.

It should start normally enough, in a new region of course, with eight gyms, three new starters, and an elite four. But once you beat the elite four you should be approached by one of the NPC's in the game and offered a chance to travel with this NPC visiting various islands, a new battle frontier, and eventually end up in a new region, where you will end up stranded (for a while).

Each of the various islands you would visit should have a different theme.
One would be frozen, having various wild cold related pokemon (as well as hoothoot/noctowl, teddiursa/ursaring, and Stantler in a wintery forest). There would also be an old legend available on the island (Articuno), which, although uncatchable, would leave behind an egg when defeated which would later hatch into a new Articuno. You would also be able to catch wild piplups in the island.
Another would be tropical island with a central volcano. On the beach one would have a chance to catch a manaphy (you would need to surf to find it), as well as wild squirtles. There would also be a new Hermit Crab pokemon there. In the islands jungles one could find wild Bulbasaurs and various jungle related pokemon such as chatot and aipom. And at the volcano you could find wild charmanders as well as the island legendary fire bird Moltres (uncatchable, leaves behind an egg just like Articuno).
A stormy island would have wild water and electricty related pokemon. Among the catchable starters would be both Mudkip and Totodile, as well as pokemon such as wooper/quagsire and pikachu. The bird on the mountain would of course be Zapdos, which again would be uncatchable but leave behind an egg.
Once articuno is defeated, a blizzard enveloping the frozen island would end opening up a new area. moltress would calm the volcano, ending a lava flow blocking your path, and zapdos would stop the storm, calming a river allowing you to cross. Each opened path would lead to a new area where you could catch other pokemon, and maybe even a "temple" where you could find the three original regi (Ice regi on the ice island, rock regi on the volcanic island, and steel on the storm island).

Later you would end up in a new region, where you would get stuck for a while. The new region would have four gyms, a lot of new and old pokemon, as well as several legendaries (such as Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon). One gym would be hard to get to, located in a ghost town, where you would get warped to a darker world, where the towns inhabitants are trapped as ghosts. In the mirror world you would fight (and catch) various dark and ghost pokemon, as well as fight ghost and dark legendaries (Darkrai and Giratina), once you defeat Darkrai, the town is restored and you get a new TM (Warp) that allows you to travel from Region to Region and the various islands you have visited (it is also a strong ghost, dark, or psychic type attack).

It would be awesome. ^^  

krishnath

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:51 pm
Yep, exactly what I was thinking for Ranger. I honestly really liked the concept for that game, and I think they should advance further with it. I know they're making a DS sequel, but they really should try with the Wii....

Krishnath's idea:
THAT would be beyond amazing. *drools* Why can't the game designers be that creative???  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:03 am
Negai Boshi
Yep, exactly what I was thinking for Ranger. I honestly really liked the concept for that game, and I think they should advance further with it. I know they're making a DS sequel, but they really should try with the Wii....

Krishnath's idea:
THAT would be beyond amazing. *drools* Why can't the game designers be that creative???

Because they're not me? ^^  

krishnath

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:41 pm
I've actually started think about writing a fan fic of 2 new versions of my own creation with an edgy story line ment to appeal to the older fan of the series. If I could make 'em I would, but I can't so I won't. I'll tell you about my idea.

Title: Pokemon Hunters: Chaos Black/Paradise White

Summary: You are a member of a group of vigilantes called "Team Hunters" who basicly go about solving troubles for people ranging anywhere from getting a meoth out of a tree to investigating paranormal activities. Each version takes place on a different island with different objectives. Since you are a member of a Team you are not required to earn badges or ribbons, however they do exist and you are free to earn them if and even battle the Elite four if you so choose.

Anyway, that's about the jist of what's a brewin' in my noggin.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:34 pm
Cool....sounds a little like Ranger, yet...not. Definatly not the same thing.  

Negai Boshi
Captain

krishnath

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:29 am
Sort of a hybrid of the regular games and ranger. Me like. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:40 pm
Sometime last year I came across a fledgling Pokemon MMO that sucked. For one thing, even attacks like Swords Dance would deal damage. Maybe, possibly, someday it won't suck but since the developers seem to be following the Micro$lop philosophy of software creation ("it doesn't have to be good as long as it's pretty") I'm not holding my breath.

What I'd like to see is a Pokemon MMO with a UI similar to Guild Wars (GW) and Dungeon Runners (DR). There'd be plenty of PvE and possibly some NPC trainers but most of the trainers you face on your journey would be other players. That way PvE and PvP flow seamlessly together but you can avoid PvP if you want to.

Imagine for a moment that the world of Pokemon is real. You're strolling along and a wild Magcargo jumps out at you. Do you throw out the first ball on your belt (like Bayleef) simply because it's first or do you do something smart and send out something useful (like Prinplup)?

With that thought in mind I imagine a game with a skillbar like in GW or DR but instead of skills it will have the 6 pokeball slots on your belt. When you see a wild Pokemon you hit the key for the pokemon you want to send out. In a trainer battle you both choose your initial pokemon but neither choice is revealed until you've both made your choices.

Once you unleash a pokemon the skill bar changes to show that pokemon's skills.

When you unleash a pokemon it could automatically return to its ball after each battle or it could stay out until you recall it, it faints, or you enter a town.

Battle could be realtime or turn-based 'though I prefer the latter.

Instead of lobotomizing every pokemon that learns more than 4 skills, you could again borrow from GW and DR and let them keep every skill they learn but they can only have 4 skills available at a time. You can change which 4 skills your pokemon have active whenever you're in a town or outpost.

I could probably think of more but my wife gets off work soon and I need to get supper started.  

kitsunegami

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:12 pm
That MMO you came across...was it PokemonCrater by any chance? hey had that same problem.....

Seems like a good idea. I'm begining to think the games should all be designed by Gaians.......  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:59 am
Negai Boshi
That MMO you came across...was it PokemonCrater by any chance? hey had that same problem.....

Seems like a good idea. I'm begining to think the games should all be designed by Gaians.......

I think it was simply called "Pokemon Online" but that website doesn't seem to exist anymore so I can't verify it.  

kitsunegami

krishnath

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:00 am
kitsunegami
Negai Boshi

I think it was simply called "Pokemon Online" but that website doesn't seem to exist anymore so I can't verify it.

I remember that one, it was started by a bunch of russian (i think they where russians anyway) programmers that had no concept of intellectual property nor had they asked permission from nintendo. If I remember correctly, they where threatened with legal action if they did not shut down.  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff