Submit

should there be more goth shops?
  yes
  mabye
  noooo
View Results

Enviousfairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:10 am
well i looked on the internet for a while and all the goth shops i found were way too far away to get to so i have to shop on the internet but most of the time there not the right size or style,goth shops are hard to find.(try to include some names of shops in your answer but you don't have to)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:00 am
heeyyyy, i totally agree. WE should have moree gothic shops. There are very few at the minute and i think it would be so cool to have more. smile good topic razz x x x x  

char234

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:14 am
Why? You want it to be more convenient to buy tacky, overpriced crap?

DIY

rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:14 am
DIY is great, but I'd still love a great place to buy some boots, belts ect, since I have neither the time or patience to devote to that sort of thing...  

Oterys

xStephanx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:42 am
http://www.batgearbeyond.com/

And there you go.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Supply and demand.

Simple as that. When the demand gets high enough, and goth-oriented stores start put up real profit margins, more will open. The internet's stores are multiplying rapidly, and I wouldn't doubt it spreads into real shop space sometime in the next few years.  

GilAskan
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:04 pm
I agree with Sinister. Most of the "gothy" stuff I wear have been products of thrift store and craft store shopping. Hell, you could scrounge together items from military surplus stores, leather/fetish stores, costume/theatre stores, etc. and still achieve a great look.
For the most part, the only reason I shop at online or local goth stores would be for footwear (unless you're crafty with shoemaking) or jewelery.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:52 pm
When I first read this thread I was along the lines of, 'What are you talking about?'

Now that the Goth district of Camden burned down, I join you. Sucks.  

xStephanx

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:53 pm
Though it would be nice, there is the problem of supply and demand.

I'm very thankful to live within a reasonable distance of one reallyawesome gothic cloting shop, a few so-so ones (they're generally overpriced, but you can get good deals on the clearance racks...), and plenty of amazing thrift shops.

Most of my clothing actually comes from thrifting, though I do have quite a bit of clothing from the good gothic clothing store, as well as some clothing from 'normal' shops *hugs the gothtastic coat and purse that she found at Target* and a few handmade pieces.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:12 pm
Oterys
DIY is great, but I'd still love a great place to buy some boots, belts ect, since I have neither the time or patience to devote to that sort of thing...

then if youv live in a small town like me there might be a Rads you could go to  

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

Ri_Ri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:02 pm
yes, but then you would begin to have (after a while) a bunch of 11 year olds going OMG I'M SO GOTH I LISTEN TO ROCK MUSIC(side note-these kids consider Panic! at the Disco to be Goth...) AND WEAR STUFF FROM THIS STORE !!!!111!1!!!ONE ONE!!!!!!KTHXBAI

and after a while these stores would be forced to cater to the demands and eventually turn into HotTopic.....
when i first went there at there at the age of 12 i was actually pleased because it was the first time i was in a store that had some of the things i liked. but after a couple more visits and observing i realized how comercial and overpriced it was and it was just a dark version of aeropastle...

that's what would happe with more goth shops, unfortunately. Although, ignoring the retards... It would be awsome to have some Goth stores.

however , most of my clothes come from mainstream stores like Macy's or Target or Burlington Coat Factory because they'll just have rows of clothes and once in a while, on sale, they'll have something spooky or clever or dark. and when in doubt, sheck the guys section! xD

yeah, boots have to be from special stores. but that's hard for me either way because i have really small feet. (size 5 1/2 in womens, 3 1/2 in kids....)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:54 pm
Ri_Ri
yes, but then you would begin to have (after a while) a bunch of 11 year olds going OMG I'M SO GOTH I LISTEN TO ROCK MUSIC(side note-these kids consider Panic! at the Disco to be Goth...) AND WEAR STUFF FROM THIS STORE !!!!111!1!!!ONE ONE!!!!!!KTHXBAI

and after a while these stores would be forced to cater to the demands and eventually turn into HotTopic.....
when i first went there at there at the age of 12 i was actually pleased because it was the first time i was in a store that had some of the things i liked. but after a couple more visits and observing i realized how comercial and overpriced it was and it was just a dark version of aeropastle...

that's what would happe with more goth shops, unfortunately. Although, ignoring the retards... It would be awsome to have some Goth stores.

however , most of my clothes come from mainstream stores like Macy's or Target or Burlington Coat Factory because they'll just have rows of clothes and once in a while, on sale, they'll have something spooky or clever or dark. and when in doubt, sheck the guys section! xD

yeah, boots have to be from special stores. but that's hard for me either way because i have really small feet. (size 5 1/2 in womens, 3 1/2 in kids....)

I agree wit u fully...i don't have small feet tho...lmao but i do just get all my stuff from places that most ppl don't think they'd find dark, spooky, or clever things! xd  

babykitty18

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:03 pm
I would prefer there to be at least a few more shops considereing I live the middle of nowhere, quite literally. There's not even any decent place to buy clothes in general in my town.

The only way I can but anything remotely near anythin i might like is over the internet or drive for hours to find a store. Needless to say If I order off of the internet the clothes are always the wrong size and I'm too poor to drive that far and still be able to buy clothes.

Oh, the drama.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:34 am
One thing I'm not in favour of is more chain stores like Hot Topic. It has its place and there's nothing wrong with it, but I've always preferred little hole-in-the-wall goth shops that are as unique as members of the subculture like to attempt to be.

My favourite goth shop is a place called Black Lace, not far from my flat. I dearly wish Norwich had more gothy places... I have to go to London for real selection.  

Veruniel
Crew

SC_Anubis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:27 pm
All I have to choose from is danky places like Spencer's Gifts and Hot Topic. both are usually a waste of time though....  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff