Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Visual Art's Key/Tactics Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: AirTV, Kanon, Clannad, AngelBeats 

Reply Anime: Air
Did anyone GET the ending? (SPOILERS (Obviously)) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koholos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:07 pm
SPOILERS!
I'm not going to white out my whole post, because the title has spoiler in it. If you keep reading, it's your fault.

Anyway. Could someone explain the ending to me? Not the whole Misuzu dies part. I've got that covered. And the fact that Yukito flying away is supposed to represent being able to choose his future for himself, or some such thing.

I mean those kids. The girl and the boy who're standing on the beach, and then walk away. The part after the whole thing about the evolving creatures. (I haven't watched the series in a few years, so I'm going from memory in my descriptions, so bear with me.) Anyway, they're standing on the beach, and then they look at Yukito and Misuzu and say "They're going to have a tough time." "Should we tell them?" and then they walk off across the beach.

But I want to know... WHO ARE THEY? Were they in the game, and that's why it doesn't make sense? I've been trying to figure it out for years, and I can't find anything about it anywhere.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:40 pm
Supposibly, the little boy is Yukito (He goes back in time like he did when he transformed into Sora), and the little girl is the next in line with the curse. Since it was too late for Misuzu to beat the curse, Yukito (Or Sora) after Misuzu's part, went to find the next girl in line with the curse and planned to try saving her by being her friend and giving her a happy and not so lonely life.

Honestly, there are many ways to look upon the ending, this is my way...so mainly, when you see that scene, Yukito himself, Sora, and the Little Boy....that being Yukito three times all at once. That is why the little boy knew what was in store for Misuzu and Yukito....because he previously experienced it.  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Koholos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:47 am
Well, Gee, yeah. that makes a ton of sense.
Gosh, how could I not have figured that out.
(No, that's not sarcasm. I'm honestly shocked I didn't get that.)

Is that part from the game? Because aside from the silver hair, there's really no good clues about the fact that he's Yukito.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:52 am
Koholos
Well, Gee, yeah. that makes a ton of sense.
Gosh, how could I not have figured that out.
(No, that's not sarcasm. I'm honestly shocked I didn't get that.)

Is that part from the game? Because aside from the silver hair, there's really no good clues about the fact that he's Yukito.

Well, another fact is the knowledge the little kid had of what was going to happen about Misuzu and Yukito. I cannot say for sure because I never played the game yet, but that is the word.  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Pure Broken Wings

Lonely Phantom

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:23 pm
ok let me see if i can clear this up a bit.

Misuzu did beat the curse.
Sora (who is actually a fusion of Ryuuya and Yukito) flew into the sky to search for the girl with wings and said "i'll be shure to bring her back."
the boy's hairstyle is a variation of Yukito's and the change in color signifies that he is free of Ryuuya's quest to save the girl in the sky (have you noticed the similar color of their hair before? and the SCAR that randomly appears on Yukito's back? it's implying that they are going through the same thing as the others looking for a better outcome.)
the girl is a combination of Misuzu and Kanna ( note, Misuzu hair style, Kanna hair color)
the boy says that he remembers the girl asking about the ocean a note from Ryuuya and Kanna

i don't believe the game had these characters but it did make clear that Misuzu had broken the curse.

what the ending is supposed to represent is that they were both reincarnated so that they could live a happily ever after scenario. making them kids also left Haruko another chance to raise Misuzu because she now is working with kids.

here is a reflection of this.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:56 pm
I'm sorry this in no way contributes to this discussion at all, but thanks so much for posting this you guys, this really is clearing a lot up for me too. XD  

carosene

Koholos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:25 pm
Oh, ok, and so the whole dinosaur thing was a reference to.... I get it now. How did I forget about the Japanese belief in reincarnation? Still, most of those points occured too quickly for me to notice in the 5 seconds we see the two.
When did Yukito have a scar on his back? I don't recall seeing that at all.

And if Misuzu beat the curse, then what killed her? I thought the curse was the thing that was killing her in the first place. (And the Haruko woking with kids part must be from the game, right? Because she doesn't show up in the anime after she throws Sora.)

Ahh, ok so that's what Yukito meant by finding her to continue on another journey. I thought it meant that his quest would never end. I like this interpretation better. I thought the ending was just full of futility.
OMG. Yeah, I just rewatched the ending after typing this, and it makes perfect sense now. Wow. That's so much better, and so much more impressive, and it totally makes sense now.

Thanks all for your help.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:20 am
Koholos
Oh, ok, and so the whole dinosaur thing was a reference to.... I get it now. How did I forget about the Japanese belief in reincarnation? Still, most of those points occured too quickly for me to notice in the 5 seconds we see the two.

Well, Yukito never did take off his shirt until that point in the show anyways, so the scar was never visible.

Quote:
And if Misuzu beat the curse, then what killed her? I thought the curse was the thing that was killing her in the first place. (And the Haruko woking with kids part must be from the game, right? Because she doesn't show up in the anime after she throws Sora.)

The curse killed her, but she was the last in line for the curse. It was too late for her. The working thing...Not sure about it. The reason Haruko didn't show up after that part is because it went back in time to when on the first episode Misuzu sees the kids. This was before Haruko was introduced.

Quote:
Ahh, ok so that's what Yukito meant by finding her to continue on another journey. I thought it meant that his quest would never end. I like this interpretation better. I thought the ending was just full of futility.
OMG. Yeah, I just rewatched the ending after typing this, and it makes perfect sense now. Wow. That's so much better, and so much more impressive, and it totally makes sense now.

Thanks all for your help.

Proud to help out. smile  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Pure Broken Wings

Lonely Phantom

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:43 pm
Minak0
Koholos

Well, Yukito never did take off his shirt until that point in the show anyways, so the scar was never visible.

close, but the scar appeared during the anime, he says "where did this scar come from" (not exact quote but you get the picture.)

the scene you can see in this AMV at :31-:36
http://youtube.com/watch?v=r2Pg5_YJGuo

^-^ that's one of my favorite scenes in Air  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:40 pm
^ You are right. It has been too long for me, haha.  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Pure Broken Wings

Lonely Phantom

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:38 pm
that's ok XP i just am obsessed with this anime. ^-^  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:00 pm
sasuke of konoha

Oh, me too, just that I have yet to get anymore time to rewatch it again. Annoys the hell out of me. I got an AMV featuring Air, Kanon, Clannad and ONE in it that has been taking me forever, and will keep me at bay for the remainder of the month. @_@......  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

CageNightwind
Crew

Desirable Genius

10,150 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:23 am
Minak0
sasuke of konoha

Oh, me too, just that I have yet to get anymore time to rewatch it again. Annoys the hell out of me. I got an AMV featuring Air, Kanon, Clannad and ONE in it that has been taking me forever, and will keep me at bay for the remainder of the month. @_@......

I know you'll finish it and it will be awesome, Minak0!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:44 am
CageNightwind
Minak0
sasuke of konoha

i think it will be too but make shure to semd me a link so i can see it ^_-  

Pure Broken Wings

Lonely Phantom

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:56 pm
sasuke of konoha
CageNightwind
Minak0
sasuke of konoha

i think it will be too but make shure to semd me a link so i can see it ^_-

Well, it's debut will be at Anime Boston 2008 if it makes the cut. Personally, I think it will make it, but for the best in the category, I don't know.  
Anime: Air

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff