View Results

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:55 pm
Happy Chinese New Year everybody. I was wondering what Chinese Zodiac symbols everyone is. Mine is a Rooster and has been so for well over 7 centuries. What about you?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:37 pm
I also realize that Snakeis not in the poll because it will only allow for so many poll choices. So, if you're a Snake, then post it in the thread.  

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Captain~Fleatch
Vice Captain

Fashionable Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:02 pm
biggrin My family is full of animals!

Im a Tiger
Gaston is a rooster
And our future daughter which will be here soon is a rat :3 isnt it funny ;D im the biggest animal in the house!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:02 pm
As far as I can calculate... I MIGHT be a Dog. Of course, I had to go back at least 5000 years...  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:28 pm
Well, since you're so much older than the rest of us, I think we should make a special consideration in your case and add a new animal to the zodiac.

You can be an Iguanadon. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:18 pm
Hi-larious. More like a velociraptor in an iguanadon suit. Don't mess with me. pirate  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:25 am
That might be true, at least when you're not in one of your rusty periods. I swear, you should have whooped Kalas' butt. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:04 pm
200 years, brat! Just because I can still whoop your a** doesn't mean I can take on a guy who'd been ambushing Quickenings for a few hundred years, not to mention being actively on the hunt ever since.

Watch out! Cranky ROG in da House!! (Really Old Guy) twisted  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:29 am
Ha! Excuses, excuses. Come on and try it, old man! I'll go easy on you so you don't fall and break your hip. twisted

(FYI - Just to add to the aggravation, keep in mind that I've always pictured Gaston as sorta what Richie would have been like if he'd lived to be 200.) rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:38 pm
Richie?! Oh, man, no wonder you give me a rash. I know Mac loved the kid, but how do I spell annoying? R-I-C-H-I-E. xd

[PS: Did you see how he muscled up nicely in his later episodes? I mean, he got tight!]  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:17 pm
Breaking a hip, eh? I know that feeling. Had a run in with the Russian mafia once and ended up being tossed off the roof of a 5 story building. Broke my hip, 8 ribs, both legs, one arm, dislocated nearly everything and cracked my skull in about a million places. Not to mention being impaled by the muffler of an eighteen wheeler.

Woke up in the morgue and had a time popping some of my bones back in place before sneaking back out. Still though, you should have seen what I did to the other guys.

And speaking of MacLeod, how has he been doing lately?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:22 pm
Yeah, I noticed Richie really did come into his own in the later seasons. It's too bad the actor was so visibily aging (reaching adulthood) towards the end and they had to kill him off. He had his silly moments, but Richie was fairly cool, over all.

And if you want painful, I've been on the wrong end of a grenade launcher at least once while working with Balance. Now that will push one's regenerative abilities quite a bit, let me tell you...  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:44 pm
Grenade launcher, eh? Where was that? A war you fought in?

I've actually been considering fighting a bit in the Middle Eastern conflicts. Although with technology quickly advancing, it is getting harder and harder to enlist almost anywhere legally nowadays. Very much unlike the Revolutionary War that's for certain. Why even WWI and WWII were fairly easy to sneak into.

Vietnam, I admit was a bit harder, but still not as hard as it is now. We Immortals are forced more and more to stay out of wars to not expose our immortality. They've become less of a pastime as they once were I must admit.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:57 pm
War as a pastime? Good lord, don't say that around MacLeod! You'll get the old "We should stay out of mortal conflicts -- It might be a game for some of us, but for them it's life or death!" lecture.

Actually, I agree with him, so... don't. 3nodding  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:06 am
Nope...grenade launcher was encountered in he line of duty. I can't go too far into much of my work with Balance entails...Adam would likely soil himself upon hearing a tenth of my exploits. Heck, I almost do it sometimes...oy! domokun

As for wars, I've fought in my share. I won't go so far as to call them a pasttime, but the reasons behind them used to be so much more clear. I was in the US Cavalry at the start of the Indian Wars (it didn't take very long to see I was on the wrong side of that one, so I promptly resigned), World War II I flew with the RAF to stop the bad guys from smearing Europe into a bloody pulp yet again, Korea was the beginning of the ambiguity...the North invaded the South, but who was to say people couldn't be communists if they wanted? I was in the Air Force flying A-10's when Desert Storm flared up...again someone invaded someone else, so it was easy to see right and wrong there.

Now, wars seem purely politically based, fought to increase national holdings, further our own interests, or settle a very loose thread of revenge, and so forth. The world is getting far too damn complicated methinks.  
The Gathering: A Highlander Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff