Reply Magical Mystery Tour: The Beatles Guild
This almost brought me to tears Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mintahy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:48 pm
We're making music videos in theater, and our teacher said that you will be stuck with a Beatles song if you don't know what song to pick,
and this girl in the back raises her hand and goes,
"Uh miss? WHO R D BEATLES?"

My teacher was speechless, and all she could say was
"They are bigger than Jesus."

But however, I was shook by the question,
and I couldn't bring myself to getting over it.
xd

Discuss:
-Situations like this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:00 pm
xd That's pathetic. I've never had anyone say that. I've had people not recognize them, but never not know who they are. :/

That's just sad. gonk

But I thought you were going to say something drastic like Paul died or something! D:

I was about to say "ALMOST bring you to tears????" xd

What a relief!  

GerardisMine
Captain

XxLucy_with_diamondsxX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:06 pm
I love that she said that! lmao [[the whole bigger than Jesus thing]]
how can you not know the beatles?
I could cry right now!!!!!! gonk crying  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:15 pm
One of my friends didn't know who the Beatles were until Across the Universe came out  

xPaint_Me_In_Pastelsx

Rita Starr is Gone

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:26 am
User Image

Whoa.
Sometime like that happen to me once.
I had to do a project about the tones in songs.
So I picked two Beatles' songs. Hey Jude and Help!
and presented Help! to my class people looked at me and looked so confused.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:47 am
I know sum pple who dunno who they are... I'm kinda used to it tho. And take it upon myself to teach them. By the end of it, I've given them sumthing to appreciate too. biggrin At our skool there are a lot of Vietnamese and Africans. They like diff music entirely -the ones I know.  

MysticHumour

MysticHumour

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:49 am
Haha, and speaking of talks to the class, lol, I did Help the movie and went like 10 mins over time! The class was just falling asleep whilst I was up there: beatles this and beatles that and john this so in help that and then paulie and ringo beatles beatles.... lmao. I got a low mark for speaking too long... cry  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:59 pm
I wore my John Lennon shirt to school one day and a girl said, "Cool. John Lennon is a band right?" gonk

Then again, she thought Obama was Oprah's brother. sweatdrop  

MyXChemicalXScar

Lennon Revived

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:59 pm
There was this one girl at my school who didn't know what 9/11 was and she was born and was here in America when it happened.

But not knowing who the Beatles are? That's pathetic! They were world-wide.That's like saying you don't know what a god is... confused

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:58 pm
Lennon Revived
There was this one girl at my school who didn't know what 9/11 was and she was born and was here in America when it happened.

But not knowing who the Beatles are? That's pathetic! They were world-wide.That's like saying you don't know what a god is... confused
I disagree. 9/11 is something we hear about all the time and happened fairly recently. The Beatles were failry old, and not really known by younger people nowadays. 9/11 should be known by almost everyone considering how much we hear about it from the media.  

Sweet Milk Bambi

Magical Girl

Lennon Revived

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:07 am
I'm saying that she should have known what 9/11 is, but I guess she needs to pull out of the Strawberry Fields. But anyone with a moderate interest in music, [Like this person] should have known who the Beatles were.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:32 pm
I know what you mean, but she REALLY should have known what 9/11 is, even more than the Beatles. And today's youth has no interest in music as an art. Its all Hannah Montana and Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears.

D:

Sweet Milk Bambi

Magical Girl

GerardisMine
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:59 pm
HeadPhonic
I know what you mean, but she REALLY should have known what 9/11 is, even more than the Beatles. And today's youth has no interest in music as an art. Its all Hannah Montana and Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears.

D:

I know, it's a shame. D:  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:57 am
GerardisMine
HeadPhonic

D:

I know, it's a shame. D:

I agree.  

Black_Lab
Crew

Lennon Revived

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:18 pm
I agree, too. And rap.

[[There is a reason why "rap" rhymes with "crap."]]

Magical Mystery Tour: The Beatles Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items