Reply *Debaters Cavern*
Religion! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Second-In-Command-Of-Hell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:58 pm
Well, Kat said she was a little shy about making a thread about Religion, because she was unsure of how people would view it and such. Understandable. So, I'll make one for her! Haha, so, yes, please come in here and debate religion. Yet, please still remember to follow the rules. Don't get too caught up in the argument. It's tempting, I know...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:19 pm
Religion as I said before is one of my most debated topics.
So what does religion mean to you? To start off on neutral, calm grounds.  

-Hellish Hatred-
Crew

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:59 am
To me personally, religion is something that humans have created and believe in because they cannot accept that we are here on this planet by LUCK..they need to believe that we are better than all the other life on the planet and that we're so good that we must have been created by something and have a purpose. Some people need religion to help them get through their lives..maybe because they need to believe there is something better than life..

I can understand people from ancient times needing religion...because they ddn't have science to understand how things happened in their world..but I have to say, the people that still believe we are created in gods image, and he made Adam and Eve..need to take off their rose-tinted spectacles..I can't understand how people still believe that when science is staring them in the face..  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:53 pm
Few things I agree with there. I believe that as she said above. Humans have created and established religions. I think they do it for several reasons
1) In the beginning they needed somethings to believe in. Because they couldn't understand the workings around them, they created beings that were the cause.
2) Humans keep religion around because they need to believe in something other than themselves. They create a merit system...example. Do good I go to heaven do bad I go to hell.

I think humans need religion to suffice, although technology is replacing it very rapidly.  

-Hellish Hatred-
Crew

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:04 am
-Hellish Hatred-
Few things I agree with there. I believe that as she said above. Humans have created and established religions. I think they do it for several reasons
1) In the beginning they needed somethings to believe in. Because they couldn't understand the workings around them, they created beings that were the cause.
2) Humans keep religion around because they need to believe in something other than themselves. They create a merit system...example. Do good I go to heaven do bad I go to hell.

I think humans need religion to suffice, although technology is replacing it very rapidly.

On your second point there, I think that people need to feel that all the murderes and criminals and rapists etc will actually suffer for their actions; they need to feel that it was worth leading a good life and obeying the law...otherwise, some people might think "well why do I do it then?" ...it's a form of justice..  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:26 pm
Scientology is a load of bull. Hellish, your human so why the beef with you own kind?  

Airforce Soldier

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:00 am
Airforce Soldier
Scientology is a load of bull. Hellish, your human so why the beef with you own kind?

I hate humanity too. Don't you think most people are stupid, ignorant, selfish, or superficial?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:07 pm
I have no beliefs. just ideas.  

Airforce Soldier

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:38 am
It amuses me how people laugh when anyone brings up Astrology as a debate. They think it's funny that people can actually take it seriously...yet I laugh at them, because the ancients based most of their religions on them. The ancient Egyptian's used astrology alot and so did many other ancient people...there must be some sort of truth in it somewhere..
People readily dismiss ancient Gods as being created by man to explain how things happen, and so people also dismiss astrology. Yet I can't see how it's any less believable than believing in a God which you can't see or hear..whose only "proof" we have is a book which was written by MANKIND...at least the stars are really there in the sky and we know that...
I think the hoaxers who write horoscopes for magazines and newspapers have tarnished it..but when it is done properly, I really believe in it...
Maybe people don't want to believe in astrology because they can't pray to it..it isn't a person...but does God ever reply to your prayers?? So does it NEED to be a person??
There was a debate about Astrology and Christianity on the TV not long ago, and almost every single person on the show laughed at the idea of Astrology being serious...but I can't understand how Christianity is any mre believable.
One woman even said that she didn't believe in Astrology because she'd been on a TV show where a female astrology talked, and she said she didn't know anything that she was talking about, and she was making it all up...and that if Astrology was really creditable then the woman would have been able to talk about it better...
To me, that's like saying...you wouldn't believe Hitler really existed if you saw a History teacher who didn't know anything about the subject...it doesn't mean it isn't real!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:45 am
It is all faith based. nothing can be proven.  

Airforce Soldier

KuRoAnGeL_826

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:17 am
Religion....ummmmm...for me we all have religion...even though we deny it....religion...is what we believe...by heart...not by text or anything like that....some of us have their own religion...due to the fact that he/she disagrees to any other religions belief...

like me I'm a Christian but....I don't believe in their believes... I have my own rules...speak what I believe....in short I have my own religion....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:31 am
KuRoAnGeL_826
Religion....ummmmm...for me we all have religion...even though we deny it....religion...is what we believe...by heart...not by text or anything like that....some of us have their own religion...due to the fact that he/she disagrees to any other religions belief...

like me I'm a Christian but....I don't believe in their believes... I have my own rules...speak what I believe....in short I have my own religion....

Yeah. I think everyone needs something to believe in..not necessarily a religion..even if it's just the love of friends and family...or a belief in the afterlife even if they don't believe in a religion.
People can be spiritual without being religious, which is probably what I am...spiritual. I can't believe in a religion because of what it's based on...it was created by humans and I cannot believe otherwise.
I hate people who think that if you don't follow their religion then you don't have morals. Just because I don't believe in God or follow Christianity doesn't mean I don't have morals!! You don't need to believe in God to have morals, otherwise that's just saying you have morals because you want to go to Heaven...  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

KuRoAnGeL_826

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:03 am
shadow: I agree...definitely...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:27 pm
I believe in Creationism and Evolution.  

Airforce Soldier

itsalwaysbeentoolate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:05 pm
i personally am a satanist. i have no particular branch or anything. i have a specific set of beliefs that are pretty unique. im not openly prejudiced about others religions. if your a decent person i dont care what your religion is or if you even have one. i believe that religion should not affect the way people look at you because its really your choice what you want to believe in.  
*Debaters Cavern*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff