Submit

Dragons Good or Bad?
  Good
  Evil
  Wish I had one
View Results

Zenjin101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:47 am
Has Any one Read the book Stardust. It is a really good book.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:16 am
Descriptive titles are your friend.

Please change the title to have either the book's title or the author in it.

If you're talking about Stardust by Neil Gaiman, I read it a few years ago and didn't like it much. Don't remember why, but it just didn't appeal to me much. It's currently on my unofficial "to be re-read as a last resort" bookshelf.

Edit: Since you obviously can't listen, I'm changing the title myself. And I'm also assuming that you're talking about Neil Gaiman's book, since you chose not to respond to anything in this thread.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:35 pm
I saw the movie & loved it. I have yet to read the book though...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:18 am
I loved the book. it is very different from the movie. but both are good. the book does an awesome job of incorporating a few age-old nursery rhymes into its storyline. heart heart  

Mara Jade Immortal

chessiejo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:55 pm
well, what is it about?

can you share a few clues?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:50 pm
I'd give a summary... but it would be incredibly half-assed and biased. I try not to remember books that I don't like much. It was something to do with a trip into Faerie to retrieve a fallen star.  

NightIntent
Captain

MyLadyMandy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:54 pm
I haven't read the book yet, but I loved the movie! Both are currently on my To-Get list, actually.

3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:44 am
I loved the movie. I didn't even bother to finish the book it was so crappy!!!!!!  

dirt bike girl

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:48 pm
I loved both smile I'll give something of a summary in a bit. I'm sleepy atm wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:59 am
I've got the book!

I haven't read it yet, though. Gosh, maybe I'd best get on the stick!  

Fae Yin

Sparkly Genius

Eoinda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 am
I liked the book but it isn't my favorite it is too childish and it isn't very exciting but it is really fun and worth reading *once I wont read it over again. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:23 pm
To be strictly accurate, there are 2 books: The graphic novel, which I have not yet read, and the "regular" novel, which I have.

Essentially, it covers the story of a young man who promises his sweetheart--or rather, the woman he wishes were his sweetheart--that he'll go into Faerie and bring her back a falling star.

When he gets there, the star turns out to be a young woman. Nothing daunted, our hero resolves to take her back to his Victoria.

Also interested in the star are three witches who want their youth back and some princes who want the pendant she carries.

Complications ensue.

I enjoyed it quite a bit & have read it a couple of times. Probably will do so again.  

Bookwyrme

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:38 pm
I liked the movie, but it honestly doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy as a book.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:30 pm
MinervaEvenstar
I liked the movie, but it honestly doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy as a book.

I'd give it a try anyway.

They did change it in order to make a movie out of it. They were better than the usual sort of changes, in that they didn't warp things horribly, but they were changes to make a movie from a book, and the two have different tonalities. Can't get more specific without spoilers!  

Bookwyrme

Shinigami_Princess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:35 pm
I began reading the book but I didn't understand what was going on until I saw the movie. Also, Tristan is easier to pronounce that Tristran. Just thought I'd throw that out there.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff