Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Serenity (needs opinions) - Best Anime? Good Graphics? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

silencebetrayed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:25 am
Been trying to think of more good series/galleries to add to my website. :3 I usually like to make my own screen captures when making the galleries whether it be fan sub or from my dvds.

To give me ideas and such:

What do you think is the best anime?
Why do you think that?
Which anime do you think has the best story line?
Which anime do you think has the best graphics?
Which anime do you think has the best soundtrack?

It's been awhile since I've updated my website, been so busy playing playstation 2 or playing mmorpgs sweatdrop so I'm trying to get it updated a little more. If you know of any good galleries I should add to it or anything, then let me know.

I'm creating anime related Gaia Online themes also :3 I added Claymore as the recent Classic Layout Addition. surprised

My website is http://silenceserenity.com

Profile Preview of Current Claymore Layout: Click here to view

If this post doesn't belong here, then just let me know. Didn't know exactly if I am allowed to talk about my website in the guild forums. >.< Just thought I would get some advice from others and I thought this would be a good place to ask. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:12 pm
no opinions I guess sweatdrop  

silencebetrayed

Zalantra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:23 pm
Nice RK image gallery.

This is more in regard to the Gaia Online themes, as I was wondering if you would ever make manga-image themes...

My favorite anime at the moment are still FLCL and .hack//SIGN, because both of them are interesting plot-wise, have great soundtracks, and nice animation and drawing styles. And interesting characters as well. Azumanga Daioh comes second 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:32 pm
Zalantra
Nice RK image gallery.

This is more in regard to the Gaia Online themes, as I was wondering if you would ever make manga-image themes...

My favorite anime at the moment are still FLCL and .hack//SIGN, because both of them are interesting plot-wise, have great soundtracks, and nice animation and drawing styles. And interesting characters as well. Azumanga Daioh comes second 3nodding

Aww thank you. >.< I was worried this topic would be more of an annoyance then anything. :S lol

Depends on the manga I would think. Sometimes I get picky when making layouts, but I could try a manga related theme. That would be something fun to do. Which manga were you thinking about?

FLCL and .hack//sign are pretty goood. :3 Those would some fun layouts/galleries to make XD.

I still haven't gotten a chance to view Azumanga Daioh :S I've heard that it is pretty good though smile Just been busy catching up on my anime lately since I had a rather large break from it awhile ago :s  

silencebetrayed

Zalantra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:00 pm
I was thinking Flame of Recca / Recca no Honoo, but most definitely the manga rather than the anime. There are some images that would make a beautiful layout (in my opinion). I have one of them on my profile... This comment could be pointless, as I checked your profile and I lack the 10-20k for a custom profile crying

There are already some FLCL and .hack//SIGN layouts but I didn't really like them. It's probably because I prefer a more simplistic style? *Shrugs*

It is hilarious. You can watch it in small increments as they're supposed to be 5 minute episodes. Yotsuba-to is even more hilarious.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:07 pm
I figured if I would do personal layouts that it would take time >.> that's why I set it at 10k-20k :S

I'll go ahead and check out the Flame of Recca art that you were talking about, I liked the one you had in your profile :3

*tired already >.< been drawing all day lol XD*  

silencebetrayed

Zalantra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:25 pm
That's true. I've never done one before, myself, so I wouldn't know how long it takes to do them. Oh, I wasn't saying it was expensive, more that I don't have the money to do it myself sweatdrop

Go for the manga artwork! The covers are very beautiful but the drawing style does change quite a lot, so maybe the later or middle range is best (16 onwards). Of course, depends on your preference.

Do you do avatar art as well?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:40 pm
Zalantra
That's true. I've never done one before, myself, so I wouldn't know how long it takes to do them. Oh, I wasn't saying it was expensive, more that I don't have the money to do it myself sweatdrop

Go for the manga artwork! The covers are very beautiful but the drawing style does change quite a lot, so maybe the later or middle range is best (16 onwards). Of course, depends on your preference.

Do you do avatar art as well?

whee Yea they do take a bit of time depending on what the person is looking for and any adjustments I'd have to make if the person requests something before I finish DX lol (had a lot of ppl do that with me when I was making personal neopets userlookups >.<)

I'll probably be adding that to my list of nice artwork to keep an eye on. Probably go look for some of that flame of recca art after doing some jigsaws here on gaia xD

Currently I'm not making any avatar art. Just the profiles for now. Still need to work on my art a bit :s gotten rusty since the last time I've done some XD been working on my comp (mouse drawn) art the past two weeks XD getting use to that. If I improve, then i'll probably do some avatar work :s (I'm use to drawing/painting on canvas at home just not with a mouse on the computer >.< taking some time to get use to :s)

Worked on this one today:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Still needs a bit of work >.> but I'll probably improve the more art I do on the computer XD (downloaded the Corel Painter X trial version to try out for awhile smile - really like the program so far XD very impressed)  

silencebetrayed

silencebetrayed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:22 am
okay didn't get a chance to make any more layouts >.> got carried away with watching youtube videos all night xD lol  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:52 am
silencebetrayed
Been trying to think of more good series/galleries to add to my website. :3 I usually like to make my own screen captures when making the galleries whether it be fan sub or from my dvds.

Why do you think that?

It's been awhile since I've updated my website, been so busy playing playstation 2 or playing mmorpgs sweatdrop so I'm trying to get it updated a little more. If you know of any good galleries I should add to it or anything, then let me know.

I'm creating anime related Gaia Online themes also :3 I added Claymore as the recent Classic Layout Addition. surprised

If this post doesn't belong here, then just let me know. Didn't know exactly if I am allowed to talk about my website in the guild forums. >.< Just thought I would get some advice from others and I thought this would be a good place to ask. biggrin

I believe the answer to all your questions is Samurai Champloo.  

Prowny

Zalantra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:43 am
silencebetrayed
okay didn't get a chance to make any more layouts >.> got carried away with watching youtube videos all night xD lol

That happened to me as well last night lol.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more of your images and layouts 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:37 pm
Prowny
silencebetrayed

Why do you think that?

I actually wanted to see that but never did. I hear some ppl don't like it and I hear others love it. >.< It's on my anime watch this list XD  

silencebetrayed

silencebetrayed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:39 pm
Zalantra
silencebetrayed

That happened to me as well last night lol.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more of your images and layouts 3nodding

lol i get distracted pretty easily >.> I start doing something and I get caught up in it XD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:10 pm
Yup, I'm also very easily distracted. Such as now, when I'm supposed to be writing. I want to do a puzzle instead.

silencebetrayed
Prowny
silencebetrayed

Why do you think that?

I actually wanted to see that but never did. I hear some ppl don't like it and I hear others love it. >.< It's on my anime watch this list XD

I read the manga version and I really didn't like it myself. But maybe it was really different from the anime...  

Zalantra

Prowny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:55 am
Zalantra
Yup, I'm also very easily distracted. Such as now, when I'm supposed to be writing. I want to do a puzzle instead.

silencebetrayed
Prowny
silencebetrayed

Why do you think that?

I read the manga version and I really didn't like it myself. But maybe it was really different from the anime...

I didnĀ“t even know there was a manga.
I would say what makes it so great is that in every single episode,everything,from the music to the story,has an outstanding quality.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff