Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The L Guild Forum
Hypothetical Question Time! (may contain spoilers for some) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you rather?
  Recive a gift from L?
  Or Punch Light in the face?
View Results

Rags and Stitches

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:22 pm
Lets say that whatever deity you believe or don’t believe in (Buddha, Jesus, Hermes, Hades, Elvis, Moe, Larry, Curly and Shemp, who ever the heck it is, I don’t really care) came to you and said that they would let you live in the fantastical world with the characters that you love so much, just to make you happy, but it could only be for a short while.
Though it would be brief, it would be one shining, beautiful moment in your, as of so far, sad and pitiful (only compared to this moment, of course) existents, BUT you could choose from only two scenarios to live out, and to refuse this gift entirely would earn you a painful death at the hand of your deity/ none deity (I don’t care how peaceful they may be, refusing a gift like that is just rude, and after they went through all the time and effort, too. How dare you!).
And here finally are the two scenarios.
Either you can receive a gift from L ( no I don’t know what the hell it is), or you can punch Light in the face, which would you choose?

This was a question that came to me at just shy of six-o-clock in the morning when I was trying to persuade my self out of my drooling, sleep induced coma filled with random dreams of L, Transformers and Chowder (I don’t care what anyone sez that cat like critter is effing amusing).
It just, for some stupid resin, drifted in to my sleepy little rag doll head and would not go away.
And the worst thing of all happened…I actually thought about it (this is never good).

I would like to say that I chose a gift from L. That certainly seems like the most pleasant option, who among us in the L guild would NOT want a gift from Lawliet himself.
I don’t care if it’s the gift of pocket lint, I would probably wear it in a necklace like some creepy stalker girl and then cry when I lost it.

But this is not what I chose. I know me, I’m violent and I found myself all too quickly choosing to punch Light in his pretty boy face.

A gift from L would be sweet, but it would not make up for the fact that in every single scenario he has ended up dead because of that rat bastich. And though punching Light in the face would not bring L back it sure would make me feel good.

I don’t want to KILL him. I want him to live with the humiliation of having, what looks like a small girl child, coming up and deck him in the face while screeching “b***h!”, and then going skipping off in to the sun set singing C'Est la Vie.
The only thing that could truly make it the perfect scenario would be if it was in a really public place (preferably with cameras) and I actually managed to knock him on his a** (you know that would be the hottest thing on YouTube the next day).

The best part, he can’t even do anything about it, he wouldn’t even have time to sick Misa or Taru on me because in a few minutes I’m ganna be gone, and he will be forever known as the guy who had his butt handed to him by a little ADD girl.
Have fun trying to gain people’s respect now ‘Kira’, no one is going to fear the man who was knocked out by a little girl! MwaaaHAHAHAHAHahahahaha!!!!!

It would be GLORIOUS!

And unlike a necklace full of lint, that memory will not be nearly as easy to loose.

Though, to be honest, timing would be everything with this question.
If it’s presented to me when I still have plenty of time in my life to go, I know I would choose to punch Light, but if this was my dieing wish sort of thing, I do not want punching Light to be the last thing I do. I would choose to spend those last moments in the presents of some one pleasant.

Though I would probably ruin the whole moment by latching on to L until he managed to pry me off. Cuz I’m just stupid like that.

And now that I have taken up plenty of precious posting room with my own ramblings I want to know what all of you would do.
You can be lazy and just do the pole at the top of the page or you can be psychopathic like me and leave a big a** post (or just a little one if you must).

Get all deep and metaphorical with it if you want! I would love that!

((P.S. Apologies to Light Fans. If you really want you can just choose to punch what ever character it is that you DO hate. I’m sure your deity/none deity would be willing to at least negotiate.))

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:50 pm
thats alot to read. i only read half to be honest. can't break it up. not to be mean or anything.

I wish they would do something like they did with DBZ but with Death Note.
You know, like go back to L's or lights child hood. its far to short. the whole thing is only 50 episodes!! so is FMA but sitll!!! Death Note is better than that!! L's past would have been cool I think. u know with the orphange full of smart people, i'm sure one of them loved blowing things up!! LOL xd  

Chibi_Lover13

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:23 pm
Yeah, the rough paper bubble kind of makes you go dizzy with the blue words, doesn't it? xD

But anyways I would rather get a present from L rather than punch Light in the face. Light ends up getting his and personally I don't hate him at all! xD

A present from L seems special and personal, and not so mindlessly violent. And it almost seems redundant. That's just how I think of it. xD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:06 am
the choices Dx a gift from L would be completely awesome but punching light in the face would be awesome too, but i think i would have to go with getting the gift from L since i have no muscle to punch Light with emo  

Nillava

Dapper Gaian

Elisabell-angel enraged

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:58 am
As tempting as it would be to hit Light, I would rather get a random present from L. Light gets what's coming to him anyway, and besides I would rather treasure a moment with L.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:58 am
I'd sucker punch Light in the face. But I'd choose my moment carefully. Like when L fought with Light in Misa's room. Because they had just fought he wouldn't have expected another punch hopefully knocking the both of them down allowing me to be happy that I've atleast hit him for the truly awful thing he is about to do. You'd also see L's underwear of course. A mystery to all raging, hormonal, rampant fangirls and boys of course.  

CyanideCherub

Natsumei

Shy Browser

9,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Voter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:30 pm
I'd rather get present from L!
Not only would I treasure the gift I'd keep it safe in the vaults!
Because it's from l!
Not just some that can be bought as a merchandise!
And beside I'm a Kira fan too!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:20 am
I would take the present from L-sama.

And then Id use my mind games and make Light feel REALLY guilty and upset about something.
And then I wouldnt touch him...just walk away.
That tends to drive people crazy.
neutral

[twisted logicz realllllly.

The World Within

surgexmonkey
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:49 am
That's hard for me to choose. o.o
I dunno.
Umm. I dunno, punching Light would be really awesome.
If we chose having L give us a gift, would we keep the gift when we came back?
If so, then... yeah, I'd choose the gift from L.
If not, I'd definitely punch Light.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:33 am
have a gift from L because he can't really give you something if he's not alive^^ after you can kill Light, there is no matter^^  

nmfrter

Star-Crossed Guardian

29,225 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Headstrong Believer 50

Xx_Yuuki_xX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:57 pm
i'd want a gift from L! punching Light in the face it pretty tempting though...but it wouldn't last as long! unless L got you cake or something. then it'd be equally as short xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:24 pm
Hmm... I'd have to choose the gift. Theoretically, even if you were to hit Raito-kun, nothing would come of it. After all, he's a fictional character, so really, you'd be hitting nothing. Not that L-sama's not fictional, but seriously, how many people can say "Guess what? I got a gift from a dead fictional character!" And have evidence to show it (only if you get to take it back with you, which was implied)? Besides, how many girls has L-sama shown interest in? NONE! So it would be special, 'cause it's almost like you'd be "the chosen one".

Yeah, I just kinda rambled (and really let my obsession show), so Ima run now  

annakratos

Dapper Lunatic

25,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:05 pm
To me, the choice is the difference between settling superficial feelings and reciving something to cherish. Even if the gift L would give would be a penny he found in a nasty gutter somewhere, it would still be a gift.

Punching Light would give satisfaction for a limited amout of time, but a gift can be held on to for a lot longer than that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:12 pm
I have no muscles to punch with... Maybe slapping several times? And then spitting in his face... And... Nah, a gift from L would be so much better... Besides, L can do the violence on Light for me. *thought the fight scene was hilarious*  

Chuukii

PunkNarumi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:48 pm
I would take the gift from L. The 2 reasons: I would treasure that more that anything ever to exist, I wouldn't trade it for anything. It would become a family heirloom. And I wouldn't be able to stop at just Punching Light. I would scream YOU KILLED MY L!!!! HOW. COULD. YOU!?!?!? DIIIIIIEEE! And then stab him repeatedly with a randomly spawned knife. I would take the gift everywhere with me and never let it go. No matter what it was. I mean, I'd lug a dead elepant around if L gave it to me o.o  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff