Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Pre-Hersy Ultramarines BaneBlade w/ pics!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kogoro D Cloud

1,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:38 pm

Ive been seeing a lot of pre-hersy chaos w/ there BaneBlades so i decided to make a UltraMarines Pre- hersy army though i know SpaceMarines cant use them but i want to know is will ppl play aganst this BaneBlade its not that different from a Cadin BaneBlade but i had to add Machine spirit and etc. ive only fought with one person and it murdered the Daemon prince and a whole termiantor squad, its an awesome tank i just dont know if i can play it in a real apocalypses match domokun
User Image

User Image

ya theres a spacemarines cpt. on top of the hatch
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:57 pm

Well as long as your opponent allows it. Some people let you use anything really, like Inquisition vindicare assasins with their cadian army. I dunno.

Besides. I love my baneblade. Its GOD. 10'' blasts are lovely. I dont think that some people will let you use a Space marine baneblade just for the fact its marines and not the guard.

...And ive never seen someone who is pre-heresy with baneblades. Most people in my general area only let people with guard use guard.

Robthebob

Kogoro D Cloud

1,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:04 pm

Robthebob
Well as long as your opponent allows it. Some people let you use anything really, like Inquisition vindicare assasins with their cadian army. I dunno.

Besides. I love my baneblade. Its GOD. 10'' blasts are lovely. I dont think that some people will let you use a Space marine baneblade just for the fact its marines and not the guard.

...And ive never seen someone who is pre-heresy with baneblades. Most people in my general area only let people with guard use guard.

well i guess im luck w/ the ppl in my area they like comption w/ titans and random coverts. though chaos has it and i dont understand y u cant use it in a spacemarines army even though its an imperial machine
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:01 pm

The same reason that Guard can't field a Land Raider; Priority of use and type of battles. Guard are more likely to be involved in a massive battle requiring huge amounts of power and armor, namely the Baneblade and its variants.

The Imperial Guard is the Fist of the Emperor, whereas Marines are scalpels. The Guard smash things apart where the Marines enter in precisely and take out specific points or targets.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Kogoro D Cloud

1,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:05 pm

Caleidah
The same reason that Guard can't field a Land Raider; Priority of use and type of battles. Guard are more likely to be involved in a massive battle requiring huge amounts of power and armor, namely the Baneblade and its variants.

The Imperial Guard is the Fist of the Emperor, whereas Marines are scalpels. The Guard smash things apart where the Marines enter in precisely and take out specific points or targets.

ya i get ya but i still dont understand y a lot of the per-heresy spacemarines chaos and not have baneblades but after the horus heresy they lost them sept the chaos
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:07 pm

Because Chaos includes Traitor Imperial Guard Legions. In case you don't know what that means, it shows that there were entire armies, like the Voluscani Cataphracts, that turned to chaos. During the Heresy, a lot of Guard armies simply followed the command of the Marines that turned and had command over them.

That is how Chaos got Baneblades.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Kogoro D Cloud

1,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:17 pm

Caleidah
Because Chaos includes Traitor Imperial Guard Legions. In case you don't know what that means, it shows that there were entire armies, like the Voluscani Cataphracts, that turned to chaos. During the Heresy, a lot of Guard armies simply followed the command of the Marines that turned and had command over them.

That is how Chaos got Baneblades.

no i understand the eye of terror codex explains it forgot lol well it explains one but before in the around when the emperor left terra Iron warriors iron hand and other heavy spacemarines used basilisks, etc. but y did they stop using them (or is it the rules from 3rd edition back then)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:27 pm

As far as I know Iron Warriors can still field Basilisks. Other than that, I honestly don't know. It makes no sense in my opinion that an Imperial army can't field Land Raiders next to Leman Russes under the same commander, but that's how it works.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Robthebob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:58 pm

Well then again, Guard armies USUALLY (as in 99.999999295392% of the time) arent given land raiders for craps and giggles. Ya know, ancient machine spirit. One of those things that arent toyed with. The baneblades have an ancient machine spirit as well. They old things too. Its kinda like dreadnoughts. Sept put a guardsman in it instead of a almost-dead Marine. Just doesnt happen.

Leman Russ's are easily made by the thousands and dont take as much time or effort to make. All they have to do is look at 1914 and see the WW1 tanks. xd

Well my best guess about the baneblade in chaos in pre-heresy, most of them were destroyed in the assault on terra. Thats why they are a rare tank and hardly are seen out of certain regiments. Plus they are made on Mars only. Or very few Forge Worlds.

And you said.... titan battles? Village games in my town never has anyone with titans. Spiffy. Take pics and show us perhaps?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:21 am

Are you going to post pics or is this just going to be a redundant Apocalypse discussion thread?

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Kogoro D Cloud

1,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:10 am

Lt. Brookman
Are you going to post pics or is this just going to be a redundant Apocalypse discussion thread?

i dont post unpainted things gives me bad luck when im done paintin it (which will be maybe before 6pm eastertime :3 ) then ill post it
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:12 am

Caleidah
As far as I know Iron Warriors can still field Basilisks. Other than that, I honestly don't know. It makes no sense in my opinion that an Imperial army can't field Land Raiders next to Leman Russes under the same commander, but that's how it works.

ya i know maybe the 5th edition may change some stuff if were lucky

Kogoro D Cloud

1,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kogoro D Cloud

1,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:13 am

Robthebob
Well then again, Guard armies USUALLY (as in 99.999999295392% of the time) arent given land raiders for craps and giggles. Ya know, ancient machine spirit. One of those things that arent toyed with. The baneblades have an ancient machine spirit as well. They old things too. Its kinda like dreadnoughts. Sept put a guardsman in it instead of a almost-dead Marine. Just doesnt happen.

Leman Russ's are easily made by the thousands and dont take as much time or effort to make. All they have to do is look at 1914 and see the WW1 tanks. xd

Well my best guess about the baneblade in chaos in pre-heresy, most of them were destroyed in the assault on terra. Thats why they are a rare tank and hardly are seen out of certain regiments. Plus they are made on Mars only. Or very few Forge Worlds.

And you said.... titan battles? Village games in my town never has anyone with titans. Spiffy. Take pics and show us perhaps?

ill try alot of the titans here are kinda old models since its too expencive with the new ones (there still as hard to kill -w-) got my greyknight blown to shrapnal by one
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:46 pm

Seriosuly people. First off, rules wise, in apocalypse you can field anything. This has been discussed multiple times here, there is no force orginiation chart. So this would work for apocalypse, youd only need permission for regular games. Also the other poster who brought up IG taking assassins, no permission necessary for that, its allowable in the rules and just takes an elites choice, but you need an Inquisitor to field one.

Fluff wise. It seems you all already covered why chaos has baneblades and other large artillery pieces regardless of pre or post heresy. The reason for the loyalists not having them is because marines ar eno longer allowed to control armies. Marines arent even allowed (not that that does much) to have more than 1000 marines to a chapter unlike the legions which had no limits. So no baneblades for marines as they cant right up a petition to mars to get one sent to them.

IG dont get land raiders as theyre bit hard to get access too like terminator armor. So obviously you cant pass them out to all the IG armies, just inquisitors who have the clout to get them, and marines. Further is, IG dont really need them, theyre more for a ground pounding firing lines and force of numbers, not armored close combat assaults.

King Kento

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff