Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Contests
E.F.E. Avatar Tourney [FINAL ROUND RESULTS] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teehee.

View Results

sunnyxdaze
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

All righty, guys. We've decided to come up with an Avatar contest. Though, this isn't just a regular enter, vote, win avatar contest. This will {hopefully} be a hardcore tournament where the judges give you themes, and you use Tektek.org's dream avatar creator to demonstrate it.

Please read through all the rules and guidelines.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:44 pm

General:

• A lot of this contest will require you to have your PM's on. Please do not disable them.
----------- After the order of contestants have been sorted out, you will receive a message stating your theme. You will then go to Tektek.org and use the dream avatar creator to reflect the theme onto an avatar.

• The judges of this contest are: sunny & Shryle. Though, you will address sunny as Judge Sunny in this thread. If you fail to do this, your post will be ignored.

• If Judge Sunny ends up being really mean, please try not to cry.

• The themes we give you are not meant to be based off of an already existing character. {ex. Ninja -> NO NARUTO. That's instafail. } Also, no sets, please.

• No bribing the judges, please. Though, gifts are always appreciated. -winkwink-
----------Srsly.

Entries:

• Please turn in all entries at time. If you know you will not be able to do it because of a conflict in your schedule, message Judge Sunny and she might be able to extend the due date.

• If you do not turn in your entry on time & you do not message Judge Sunny, you will be disqualified.

• Please only enter serious entries. This means you will reflect the theme given to you though a tektek to the best of your ability.

• If you are a contestant, it would be best if you messaged your entry to Judge Sunny.

Grading:

You will be graded on four things, equaling a total of 50 points per score sheet.

/10 Color - In this contest, matching to the extreme isn't particularly the main focus. Though, you do need to choose appropriate colors. {ex. If you have the theme of 'Ice Queen', you wouldn't want to use a bright green color.}

/10 Originality - Is your 'ninja' a Naruto? If so, you fail. We want to see your own creation, not an avatar version of an existing character.

/10 Style - This category is based on the items you used. If you have 'knight', did you use a bow or a sword?

/20 Theme - Your score in this category depends on how well you display the actual theme. If we didn't know the theme, would we be able to tell what your avatar was?

Total - /50 - Each judge will fill out a score sheet for each avatar. Since each sheet is worth 50 points, you will get a total score out of 100 points for your tektek.

You will get these number points as well as a written critique.

Prize:

A February sealed for first place. :3

sunnyxdaze
Crew

sunnyxdaze
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:45 pm

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Round o n e

First theme due Saturday, February 23rd.

Judge Sunny's gradings are on the top, and Shryle's are on the bottom.

Detective
cynthia343 // feuerleben

Cynthia -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. I have to say I really feel the detective theme in this avatar. It has the right amount of mysteriousness and the accessories were very well chosen. Though, since the items were the obvious detective items, it didn't quite 'wow' me. The jacket suits the theme very well, and the average people jeans and shoes add the effect of an old-school detective. I'm not so sure about the scar. It kind of adds that 'dangerous' aura, but I think it could have been left out.

SHRYLE SAYS.. Hers pretty much fit the theme well. No real things against it, I guess.

Feuerleben -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS..You got the mysterious part down, but I don't think the flashlight is enough. The magnifying glass would have added more of a detective feel. The tie also makes it look a bit too professional and clean looking, but I suppose detectives could be like that. I like the touch of the mood bubble. Though, I don't understand why you added all the wraps to the avatar. It could do without the thing covering his eye.

SHRYLE SAYS.. Nice, nice. I thought the bandages on the arm/eye were a little much, but, other than that, it fit it really well. Also I got a laugh at the mood bubble: It's prolly a frustrating job.

Indian
Khy-san // oO-Buggie-Oo

Khy-san -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. Wow, when I saw this, I was really amazed. It has a good amount of Pochahontas feel in it with some unexpected and creative elements. Such as.. I'm not sure if you meant for that to be a bow, but I thought it was a rope the first few times. That's just epic.

SHRYLE SAYS.. Wow. This avy really fits the theme well.I like the leaves in the background a lot.

Buggie -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. I really adoooore the touch of the falcon. I hadn't even thought about that. Though, the facepaint kind of bugs me. Maybe it could have been red or something? Other than that, I really like it. The clothes are very indian-ish and the hair adds to the theme very much. Nice job!

SHRYLE SAYS.. Nice avy. I liked idea of the falcon in it.

Superhero
RoyalRenegade // Penciled C o o k i e

RoyalRenegade -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. This avatar is very superhero-ish. It has few colors, and the colors are distributed throughout the avatar, which is very good. Though, I would like to see you somehow do something more with the red. The mask is an excellent touch & the avatar flows very well.

SHRYLE SAYS.. Cool avy, it covers the superhero theme nicely.

Penciled C o o k i e -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. The wings add that "I'm not your everyday person" look, and the background is perfect for a superhero's dramatic entrance. Though, since you were going for a 'Flare' look, I think the blue/purple ruins it. The demonic anklets do nothing to add to the theme and I would like to see some shoes. The CN scarf looks as though there's a cape, and the 'mask' effect is really good. Gloves would be lovely as well. Superheroes usually have 'suits', and the jacket/shirt combo doesn't flow very well. Though, I really like the red effect.

SHRYLE SAYS.. As a regular avatar, this is pretty cool. But for a superhero theme, this is kinda... well not it. I mean, when you think of a freak in spandex. o.o

Futuristic
Piko0 // -_TocK-ZicK-_-ZeeB-RaH_-

Piko0

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. I really like this avatar. I could totally recognize the 'futuristic' theme when you hadn't stated it. I would have left out the demonic anklets since they don't do much for your theme, but I really like your use of the Superior Form. The accessories like the eyepiece, guns, and plasma gear were perfect. It's not overly cluttered, and I like the red color a lot. Simply amazing. o:

SHRYLE SAYS.. ...Yeah this is total win. No further comments needed. XD Looks like some s**t you'd see off of Robocop or summin'.

-_TocK-ZicK-_-ZeeB-RaH_-

N/A

sunnyxdaze
Crew

sunnyxdaze
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:47 pm
Round t w o

First theme due Saturday, March 2nd.

Judge Sunny's gradings are on the top, and Shryle's are on the bottom.

Samarai
feuerleben // Khy-san

feuer -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. Wow, I never knew you were so good at tekteking! This one was awesome. I have no idea what petals have to do with samarai's, but they're commonly put together, so it really set the 'samarai mood'. Even though it really fit together well, I feel like it could have been more than the main yukata and wraps. I'm just picking at little details, though. If you look at it as a whole, it's mindblowing. (8

SHRYLE SAYS.. This one was also freakin' amazing. Nice use of the eyes. Also like the hair.

Khy-san -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. This was totally amazing, and I really liked the fan. The facepaint, pulled back hair, the FWOOSH thing, it all really pulled together. Fantastic job. :3

SHRYLE SAYS.. Oh man, this is amazing. I like how she used the eyes and face paint. The fan/blade looks awesome too.

Rockstar
RoyalRenegade // Piko0

** For RoyalRenegade, the theme should be 20/20. :3

feuer -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. Ah, I really liked this. Very rockstar.. but it's kind of overkill with the brown. Other than that, everything looks great! Very nice job.

SHRYLE SAYS.. Pretty good. Kinda has an Elvis-like thing to it almost.

Khy-san -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. Ooh, extremely punk rock.. very nice touch. The guitar that the main avatar is holding sticks out, though. Minus the guitar, it looks awesome.

SHRYLE SAYS.. Heh, I liked the idea of the backup singer. The music note was also a nice touch.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:49 pm
Necromancer
Khy-san // Piko0

User Image

Khy-san -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. I really like the touch of the tattoos and cloak, but I'm not sure about the armor on the legs. It makes it look a little.. odd. The summons are a very nice add on, as well. Nice job. <3

SHRYLE SAYS.. I like how she used the summoning tome/damascus armor/oculus magica for the redness. Overall just awesome.

Piko0 -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. The 'darkness' of this avatar is really cool. Maybe another summon, though? I adore the clothes you chose to cover all the skin. :3

SHRYLE SAYS.. Nice. I like the whole death-theme this thing kinda has.

McDonald's cook
Khy-san // Piko0

User Image

Khy-san -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. Risky move, eh? This one's really amusing, though. xD

SHRYLE SAYS.. Heh. I lawled. How can a normal person not lawl, I ask you.

Piko0 -

JUDGE SUNNY SAYS.. A very down-to-earth worker. You based this off a real person, right? Even so, you could have added some red and/or yellow to represent the McDonald's-ness. The expression and apron made of those items were very creative!

SHRYLE SAYS.. Looks like someone you'd see at a Starbucks. Not that I've ever been to a Starbuck's. o_o

Khy-san: 194/200
Piko0: 193/200

sunnyxdaze
Crew

sunnyxdaze
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:55 pm
<3

Opened February 14.

Contests

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items