Reply The L Guild Forum
Do you want to know why L... Well I'll tell you... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

27x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:28 pm
Why does L have grey eyes with rings around them?
Well, L is an investigator, and a genius that works on the hardests cases. In some of the epesodes it shows what could be his house, with a bare floor except for a computer. Perhaps he is an ansomniac.

And the question we are all dying to find an awnser to...

WHY DOES L SIT THE WAY HE DOES?
Make sure you've read the top paragraph
Well, he is skinny, and seems to only eat sweets, and eats while he is working no less, so he obviously doesen't take too much time eating. From the way he dresses himself, and scratches alot it is obvious that he doesn't spend too much time picking cloths, or cleaning himself properly. And finally, there is rarely any occasion you see him entertaining himself, or wanting to. So let's recap.
1.He doesen't sleep.
2.He doesen't spend much time dressing or cleaning himself.
3.He rarely ever spends time entertaining himself if he does at all.
4.He only eats while working.
5.For the remainder of a few years(way before he came to the kirra case)
He has spent his time in a room with a bare floor, obviously sitting on
the ground, because there is no chair, and almost spends all of his time,
sitting at his computer on the ground, or pacing.

Any ideas?

L SITS THE WAY HE DOES BECAUSE HE SITS ON THE GROUND AT HIS COMPUTER ALOT

There are three ways people usually sit on the ground. criss crossed, with their legs all the way bent up, with their knees at their face, or with their legs half out, and half bent, like when doing situps, and using their arms to keep themselves up. then a fourth, by tucking their calves under their thigh's and sit on their legs like a pillow, though I don't count this one. Mainly because the lack of blood in the legs, and the discomfort it causes, keeps people from sitting this way long, and since I am talking about the sitting posture that is used the majority of the time... Well you get the picture.

Why does L walk the way he does?

This one is based on the last one I awnsered. Well if you have read that then you know why L sit's the way he does. Now, try siting like he does on the floor for atleast 15(though 30 works better) minutes, with nothing behind you. Butt all the way on the ground, knees all the way up and atleast three inches apart from eachother, and your legs paralell to eachother, so from your knees to your feet on the side is straight down, but not too far apart. Also make sure that from your knee to your ankle on the front isn't straight down, because your feet should be back a little Have your elbows pointing down, and going along the gap inbetween your shins and your calfs, on the outside your legs. Have the palms of your hands ontop of your nees, and your fingers going down over to the inside of your knees. Now try walking around normally(proiding you've been sitting this way for a very long amount of time on the floor).

The way L sit's put's alot of stress on the heels of the foot and little on the ball of the foot, so since he sits all of the time, this must put alot of discomfort on his heels. It probably feels good to walk on the ball of his foot, or atleast makes it easyer to walk, or something similar. Also you will notice that sitting that way bends the back. Mostly down where the back connects with the pelvis around the waste(however you spell it) area, and slightly in the middle of the back. If you keep your back in that same position while standing up, and then extend your legs out normally(the key is aligning the way your back is now down to your waste, to when you stand up) and put your legs normally, though ever so slightly bent at the knees, and standing on your tippy toes. You will see that you are walking exactly like L(if you are not deformed, and if you followed the instructions correctly that is)

L walks the way he does, because his back is bent from the way he sits, and his heels are sore from the way he sits, which is why he walks on his tippy toes. Also his knees are used to being bent, and probably cant streatch out all the way, explaining why his knees are slightly bent when he walks.

Why does L hold things the way he does?

Firstly, he has very spindly fingers. mainly because they are long, and he doesen't eat much except for sweets. Secondly, he sits at his computer on the floor all day. You'll notice while using the computer, you usually only have to type, and use the mouse. Because of this, the palm is almost allway relaxed, and the two objects are almost completely controlled by the fingers. However when doing otehr activities, you usually get used to gripping with your palm. L Is most likely so used to using his fingers, that he has gained a grip in his fingers, and rist, that is stronger than in his palm, which is why he picks things up strange. He uses his fingers to hold it, and relaxes his palm completely, requiring him to hold the object on a different spot, in a different way.

Why does L act teh way he does?
Well, L sits on his computer all day. He barely get's to talk to people(allthough it may not seem this way, we have usually only seen him with the task force. Really he has spent a few years infront of his computer, with little to no contact to other people. Gee I hope you didn't skip the top paragraph. It is only a few scentences, go read it again).

Firstly, that would explain why his voice isn't very powerfull. He probably rarely has to use it. This would also explain why he shows little emmotion in his voice, why he uses no hand jestures, why he shows almost no facial expression, and why he is so to the point(he never says umm, like, dude, man, or anything similar that stalls. Instead, he just stops talking for a moment). He rarely ever practices social skills that we do for large amounts of every day, that we would never even notice.

Why is L so smart and awsome
partly is because of his appearence, which I have just explain. It makes him seem kuler. Part of it is his past which we know almost nothing about, and will have to wait for the L movie in japaneze to be translated and sent to amercia, as well as the death note movie, and any possible L series, or If L somehow lived, and comes back to tell us about him. So in response, I don't know.

How do I, the reader, know that you, I2704, are corect about L, and are not full of crap?
Firstly, none of this will make sence unless you've read the very top paragraph, though I am sure most people saw the red shiny letters, and got destracted. Go read that, then reread the entire thing, and this will all make more sence to you.

His traits could just match up to his story by coensidince, or the writers could have made him like as above on purpose, to make it seem more some unknown reason. Secondly, I am figuring these out on the top of my head so I may be wrong.

If you want to awnser any questions about L go ahead. Perhaps something you figured out recently, and couldn't before, or that nobody else has yet. Or if you want to ask me anything about L, I am sure I could figure it out, providing your question is reasonably awnserable.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:38 am
I'm not sure why you put why he has grey eyes with the shadow underneath. You can't help your eye color and it's pretty obvious he's an insomniac. xD

The Trademark Sit

L is a very, VERY eccentric person. Maybe monitoring files and videos on screens on it does have a part of it, but I really don't think it's because he sits in front of a computer all day. Besides how do we know he does that all day?

He's sitting in front of a computer because he's waiting for a response or vice versa. He's at work, and until the Kira case, for a long time he could solve crimes without having to put his identity at risk. Pretty much, he's at work.

Also about him dressing, cleaning, eating habits and entertainment. Again those are all things you truly don't know. When we see him, it's him working. He has poor eating habits but how do we know that he doesn't eat a proper meal before he goes to sleep (when he does go to sleep that is)? We don't so we can't assume he eats practically all sweets.

Or how do we know if he doesn't have a ten minute break to shower, or relax his head? Maybe he has the same clothing of a lot of things or maybe reads books for entertainment? We don't know because not a lot of his life is revealed to us. He's concentrated at the moment when he's analyzing, but it's just at that moment when he's really into his work that we know he's focusing on nothing but that.

The years in a room? I think it's more like everytime he's working on a case or contacting the police he's usually in that room. Again none of us truly know so we have no real back up to why he does this, or why he doesn't do that.

The Walk

No argument there, though in my opinion it's also obvious why he does that, though it's a good things to point out to new comers of the show who just can't seem to put Slot A and Tab B together. xD

The Hands

That I really think is just part of his eccentric side. His life style and mannerisms have a part in it, I know but it really is just "his thing". It's one of those many quirks he has and it's just him. Yes he sits at the computer a lot and in front of television screens but I don't think that's completely how he lives his life style.

You have to remember when he's highlighted on what he's doing in the series it's always pondering, thinking, working on something! But that's how he is at work! Social or not I trust that he's doesn't do that all the time. With his job, every case calls for a different approach and this one needed careful attention and needed to be thought out thoroughly.

The Act

I really don't think L is an emotionless void with a human shell. His social skills are poor but absent of emotion he is not. He's just a very apathetic person, as said in the begining he won't really do anything unless the topic interest him. If you notice he actually has very good communication skills. He geoes straight to the point, explains what needs to be explained and does not waver when doing so.

Now I don't think any other person who barely talks to people can do that. Most people have this image in their head that if a person is so nonchalant about everyday conversation, it means that the person has poor motorskills. And I think that's incorrect, he's just very focused on what he does.

Also again with sitting in front of the computer. You get the feeling that he's been doing that but honestly what do any of us know what he's done for all the other years of his life. He tends not to have a routine and if he does, it never stays for long.

L has expression in his face and voice. What I think you're mistaking "emotionless" and "unsocialble" is really "mellow" and "not the average". He's a very intelligent person. The reason I believe why he doesn't use terms like "umm", "dude" or "man" is because he's very sure and confident what to say. L can easily say what he wants or needs to say without a problem. He feels no need to express what he is saying in such a poor and casual way. And if you really pay attention, his voice has a lot of boredom, sarcasm, wit, a bit a snarky tones, and even humour in it! You really just have to read between the lines to know this.

Remember, you only know what he does when he's worked on the Kira case. They don't have a "A Day with L" special chapter. You can't judge what he does on just the small bits of his life that you see, especially since his career requires so much chance of pace. It's like saying that book is just like every other book because it's a book.

On top of that, you can't explain why people act the way they do more than half the time, it's what makes people... people! xD

The Look

I love L, and the reasons I love him is different than yours from what I can tell, but truth me told to any of us, that's really all in opinion.

You? Me? What?

I don't think you're full of crap, I think you're just having some misconceptions and definately mistaken one thing for another on a lot of things you've stated.

Tea with Bubbly

27x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:38 pm
Well, there are about 14 hours in the day to the avridge adult, and 24 to L, who is an ansomniac. Although he may have a good meal now in then, it is aparent by his bony apearence, that this is not often.

Well where else would he go? He may relax for 10 minutes, but really, do you think L needs rest? Sure he may rexax, or shower, or change clothes, or eat, but still these at a normal persons life would still take considerably short amounts of time compared to 24 hours. He is obsessed, and it is very obvious that he is working with most of his time, weather we see him working or not. Now, we have seen him sitting in a dark room at a computer, so we don't know exactly if that is his home or not. It is seen once of him getting tired and leaving, so aparently, he does sleep, but can chose not to for long amounts of time. Now if he leaves to sleep, then there must be a bed near, and if there is a bed near, then it should be his house, or a house. Speceficicly the tone of his eyes, might be because he looks into a computer all day.

Now, I don't have eveidence that this is not his home, or part of it, so I can't assure you of it. What I can assure you of is, for L to be that secure and secret, he would have to be away from people for a long time. IN a safe place, where he probably doesen't leave, explaining part of him.

Now, give me one god reason, why L wouldn't be sitting at a computer, in a dark room, on the floor, all day, every day, for a few years?

Where do you think L was before the task force? If he was in public alot then people would recognize him, and would have to acnowldage his existance, by knowing his name, or knowing a name. I think his bulter probably goes into public for him. But the room, and the indication of england is all we have from his past. Let's just hope those japaneze movie writers come up with something...
Good day.

http://img16.onemanga.com/mangas/00000026/00000109/10.jpg
Look at the bottom two. Make sure to click on it to enlarge the image. I got this from another thread, and I can't remember which. Somethign about manga which supports two things in my theory. If the writers, say so, then it is, because they came up with him before he was even a television show.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:13 pm
Wow you guys really looked into this! It gave me something to think about......  

Elisabell-angel enraged

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Are you kidding me?! I'm not going to read all this!
-headdesk-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:20 pm
I think L does that because the creator wanted him to.
x-x  

floyo

27x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:26 pm
Have you ever written a fiction book? One of the funnest things in doing so is putting in secrets, refrences, and things for the reader to figure out for herself.

I'm going to go have some sweets.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:20 pm
They made L weird because they wanted him to be different, and not particularly good looking.

But that doesn't make your points on his behavior any less valid. It is something interesting to think about.  

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

27x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:28 am
What I can't figure out is why L can read English.

Btw, here's some of why he fights the way he does. In the sight the top link
leads to, read the text to the left of the top picture.

http://img16.onemanga.com/mangas/00000026/00000109/10.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capoeira

Try typeing capoeira into youtube sometime.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:08 am
Persistence_of_Memory
Are you kidding me?! I'm not going to read all this!
-headdesk-

-faints- T.T  

XxShinju

Piffle Inna Box

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:12 am
I_27_04
What I can't figure out is why L can read English.

Well, he he did spent a few years in England. Also the orphanage which is producing his heirs is also in England.

Last time I checked, people tend to speak English in England. razz

Another thing, as a detective, he works on a global scale.

English is one of the most widely spoken languages. (I believe Ryuk actually mentions this fact in manga/anime.)

It'd be stupid for him to not know English.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:33 am
Point taken.  

27x

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:30 am
That's exactly it! Where else would he go when he's on a new case? We don't know!

The whole point is that you see him being secluded in that room because that is his working area. That is how he contacts the police and how they contact them. What he does after wards or before? Who knows! Because they don't give us enough insight to let us know.

Yes he has poor eating habits, an insomniac and boney but that doesn't say he's shut off in one room his entire life.

He has his own transportation, it's easy for him to go places, but those places are obviously not in the norm of most peoples daily life.

If you really think about it, besides the Kira case and being stuck in a room analyzing data, they show barely a fraction of what he has done in his life.

And in a career of criminal crimes and justice, each case is never the same. I know he's never gone out in public to do his investigations but that's because he doesn't need to. Also, just because he doesn't go out in public places like a shopping mall, movies, or any other social gatherings, it doesn't mean he doesn't go to other destinations.

My whole point is no one can judge most of his life style because there just isn't enough to tell us how he lives while he's not on a case.

Another strong point to this is that he goes all over the world with cases. You really think someone who sits in a room all day can accomplish that? Obviously he's done more than enough in his past to get such a high status.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:39 am
Maybe...  

27x

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:32 am
Tea with Bubbly

The whole point is that you see him being secluded in that room because that is his working area. That is how he contacts the police and how they contact them. What he does after wards or before? Who knows! Because they don't give us enough insight to let us know.

Yes he has poor eating habits, an insomniac and boney but that doesn't say he's shut off in one room his entire life.

He has his own transportation, it's easy for him to go places, but those places are obviously not in the norm of most peoples daily life.

If you really think about it, besides the Kira case and being stuck in a room analyzing data, they show barely a fraction of what he has done in his life.

And in a career of criminal crimes and justice, each case is never the same. I know he's never gone out in public to do his investigations but that's because he doesn't need to. Also, just because he doesn't go out in public places like a shopping mall, movies, or any other social gatherings, it doesn't mean he doesn't go to other destinations.

My whole point is no one can judge most of his life style because there just isn't enough to tell us how he lives while he's not on a case.

Another strong point to this is that he goes all over the world with cases. You really think someone who sits in a room all day can accomplish that? Obviously he's done more than enough in his past to get such a high status.

Seriously. L can fly a helicopter.
He can probably go wherever the hell he wants to.

The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff