Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

D:<
  <3
View Results

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:04 pm
My little sister and I get along pretty well, and we respect each other. Wow! What problems could I possibly have? Well, let's call her... May. May is pretty bright, likes video games, tries not to be biased, and doesn't do whatever her classmates do. But she also.... acts like an angsty teen even though she's only ten. I know that's probably normal, but you know... it's so frustrating watching a sweet (usually....) girl like her screaming her lungs out because her parents told her not to play RO for more than 2 hours a day. Seeing her whine about how she's being "lectured" after about six words.

"May, you should do some enrichment--"
"STOP LECTURING ME!! OMG, WHY DO YOU ALWAYS..." [continues ranting]

Maybe it's not my place to try and change any of this, but I hate just standing around while she goes down the wrong path... can anyone think of what to do? (without making her hate me or being too controlling)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:51 pm

I have the same problem with my sister.
Though she's older, she's not the smartest
in decision making. D:

Its kind of been happening since she was
in 6th grade and still now as a Junior in
High School. D:
I don't know how to help her because knowing
her, I know she wont listen and whatnot
so I don't really know but maybe just spend
more time with her like, play with her and
maybe you'll rub off on her? o________O

That's the only thing I can think of. >______<

cookielang

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:48 pm
It could help if you just tell her to not scream, but try to keep her cool when she's in an arguement or anything that she may not appriciate. Even better, you could make a deal with her since you're more qualified to get along best with her. Per example, everytime she'll be able to not scream or "PMS" on someone whenever she's not happy, you would give her something nice. It doesn't need to be anything big and expensive. Subtile stuff like pretty stickers that she may like or even levels of rewards depending on the times she won't scream [colorful pencils, pencil case, a beautiful binder, stuffed animals, etc.] Do you follow me? xP

But understand your little sister is still young. She'll enjoy it way more if you playfully teach her the right path or she'll consider it lecturing and there are thin chances she'll make efforts. So, try it out and if it doesn't work, we'll find something else. :]  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:03 pm
I am 6 years older than my little sister, but we get along great, I am kinda like a second mother, and its fun sometimes!  

Pandaccino

Rabid Bagel Cow Thing

Dapper Hoarder

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:12 pm
Well.
We were all kind of like that at some point.
I remember when I was 11 I was such a angsty kid. XD
And I wanted to play games all the time!

But after freshman year, I just got over it.

She will too.
Just tell her to relax and not try to freak out so much over little things. razz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:54 pm
Oh God... I wonder how I'm gonna have to deal with mine in the future. I am 12 years older than my little sister right now. Shes a sweety right now... but sometimes I think in the future that shes gonna hate me...  

BlackHammer888

Mince mii

Distinct Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:12 pm
Just ignore it.. she'll get over it later. surprised  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:25 am
Rabid Bagel Cow Thing
Well.
We were all kind of like that at some point.
I remember when I was 11 I was such a angsty kid. XD
And I wanted to play games all the time!

But after freshman year, I just got over it.

She will too.
Just tell her to relax and not try to freak out so much over little things. razz
But I mean, I never was as angsty as she is now. I must say that I was QUITE the little angel! biggrin I wanted to play games all the time-- educational math games, that is! I still think that Zoombinies is one of the awesomest games ever xD xD

Wanting to play Zoombinies VS Wanting to play RPGs and guitar hero

D: Yeah... but I know a lot of kids who never 'got over it' and I don't want her to be one of them.  

TurtIe Tracks

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:29 am
Rebirth Project
It could help if you just tell her to not scream, but try to keep her cool when she's in an arguement or anything that she may not appriciate. Even better, you could make a deal with her since you're more qualified to get along best with her. Per example, everytime she'll be able to not scream or "PMS" on someone whenever she's not happy, you would give her something nice. It doesn't need to be anything big and expensive. Subtile stuff like pretty stickers that she may like or even levels of rewards depending on the times she won't scream [colorful pencils, pencil case, a beautiful binder, stuffed animals, etc.] Do you follow me? xP

But understand your little sister is still young. She'll enjoy it way more if you playfully teach her the right path or she'll consider it lecturing and there are thin chances she'll make efforts. So, try it out and if it doesn't work, we'll find something else. :]
The thing is I'm not creative enough to know how to explain to her playfully... except I tell her stories she can relate to about how annoying my classmates are and then after she finishes laughing at them, I remind her to avoid ending up like them. Which kind of works, but I can just see her twitching. Gah!

And she's not real into colorful pencils and stuffed animals... heck, SHE PLAYS HALO 2 BETTER THAN I DO! >___>;; Whenever I tell her I'll do something nice if she stops she doesn't seems to care. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:35 am
No mo` Cookie

I have the same problem with my sister.
Though she's older, she's not the smartest
in decision making. D:

Its kind of been happening since she was
in 6th grade and still now as a Junior in
High School. D:
I don't know how to help her because knowing
her, I know she wont listen and whatnot
so I don't really know but maybe just spend
more time with her like, play with her and
maybe you'll rub off on her? o________O

That's the only thing I can think of. >______<
I spend like so much time with her. We play together all the time and she plays video games in my room. I never go shopping or invite friends over and stuff like that, so we're pretty much always together. But she never really sees my un-angsty-ness in action, because I'm generally alone when I get yelled at and stuff. My older sister also doesn't provide a great example, because she just about ignores my parents when they're mad at her and that just makes them complain about her more. So my little sister probably thinks that simply whining is better...  

TurtIe Tracks

HappyKid08

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:19 pm
slap her.

thats wut my brothers would do to me... well actually mor a yelling that makes me think theyr gonna do it (even tho i kno they wont cuz they love me =] ), which really works... cuz then im too scared to do anything...
they usually threaten me too, things such as ill delete all of ur contacts off of your cell phone...which would really suk fer me...

my brothers can maybe sometimes be a little nosy but i get over it and i kno theyr just trying to be protective, cuz if you think about it, if ur best frend was doin it, u wouldnt hate them cuz u kno they just love u alot... heart  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:25 pm
I don't have a sister. emo  

Moon_Child08

Layde3Angel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:25 pm
dont have a sister  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:11 pm
My sister's at the same stage; though she's a year younger [9].
My sister and I have a big age difference [7 years apart], so it's sometimes hard to communicate with her.
But the best way to deal with these problems is to show her the way.
If your sister and you have a big age difference like me and my sister, you should set an example for her.
Such as being polite to your parents, doing your homework on time, etc.
Younger siblings tend to lean on you and copy your habits.
So if they see you doing these kinds of actions, they will most likely follow them.
Also,
You should tell her to not yell as much, keep her calm.
As the older sibling, you should be able to control your sister,
tell her what she should do and what she should not do.
And another thing,
Act as a motherly figure for your parents.
Sometimes parents cannot communicate to children as siblings can.
So instead of your parents telling her to do her homework or to set the table for dinner.
You do it.
As I'm sure your sister and you have a closer relationship,
She'll most likely open up to you and listen to you more than your parents.

Hope that helped a bit.
(:

O r a l F ii x a t i o n

Ladykiller

sHiRo_ChAn_10

8,550 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:47 pm
I don't have a sister either but my brother and I are seven years apart and we are tight xd It's kinda funny but it's true. Ok I was really a whiny and annoying kid but whatever I grew out of it! Or did I?? lol jokes!! As much as a I hated my brother lecturing me to get off the computer at 1 in the morning I did... So it proves that as much as I wanted to whine and stay on I actually went to sleep. I'm sure your sister is fine and she will grow out of whining. Buuuuuuuuuut since you really sound like you don't believe that theory I'll continue talking. I'm sure if you are close to her as much as she acts to not care I really do think that your words will reach her... maybe not all of them but most of those words lol Sure bribing or offereing items is good but since you've mentioned she's not into those things maybe you should find ways in your daily life to say these "lectures" to her. If you choose perfect times it won't seem like a lecture more like a word of advice. Well that or trying to convince her playfully. sweatdrop  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff