Reply The L Guild Forum
Johnny Depp = L? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Naomi Baine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:13 pm
I was talking with my boyfriend earlier, and we got onto the topic of what if Amercia made a live action DN movie, like the Japanese one?

Who would play who? I said that Jhonny Depp would probably be a good L, and I laugh at the thought of Orlando Bloom as Raito.. rofl

So, it got me thinking, who do you think would make a good L, and why? Also, what about the others(Who'd voice Ryuk and Rem, Soichiro, Misa, Matsuda..etc...)? I think it'd be funny if Gilbert Gottfried did Ryuk's voice. xD

<3Rikka  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:37 pm
I don't know actors to well, but thinking of Depp as L is funny.

"Where did all the rum cake go?"

But I love any part that J. Depp plays, always funny.  

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

surgexmonkey
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:10 pm
Gabby Logic

Haha.
That's great xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:27 am
I could actually see Depp as L, because he's even said he likes to do all the strange charecter roles. L would be classified under that, wouldn't you think?
It'd make me love Depp more though xD

`McLaren

Emo_Leanne_Nyappy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:11 am
o0o Johnny would be good =] be like almost going back to Edward Scissorhands.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:25 am
Yeah! Disney can endose DN!  

CyanideCherub

Naomi Baine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:56 pm
Gabby Logic

EXACTLY. xD I've always thought that since Jhonny does the odd characters, anyway. :3 I want some Depp/L crack. D: But the Americas sez NO.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:09 pm
idk I would want someone a little younger for L. He could deffinittly act it out well though. He's a great actor but a bit old looking >.< even with the hollywood "make you look younger" make up.

I know who I want for Misa Misa.... I dont know her name...
I know she's blond and she's in Scrubs as JD's ex A.K.A Jorden's sister  

Pup Crazed Kiya

Beloved Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:19 pm
Orlando Bloom = Light = teh sexy.

Ilove Orlando Bloom. But I think his playing Light would make me despise Light even more...if that makes any sense at all. O_o
I think he's a bit old for the part, though...

But...if Johnny Depp played L, I think I'd have to cry. He did a wicked job in Pirates, but...I don't know...all the other characters I've seen him as don't really thrill me in that they're all the same. I just went to see Sweeny Todd, and I kept getting shades of either Edward Scissorhands (sp?) or Captain Jack during the whole thing, even though Sweeny Todd was considerably more messed-up, psychotic, and murderous than the other two. Captain Jack was his role. Anything other than that was kind of...bleh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:29 pm
Persistence_of_Memory
Orlando Bloom = Light = teh sexy.

Ilove Orlando Bloom. But I think his playing Light would make me despise Light even more...if that makes any sense at all. O_o
I think he's a bit old for the part, though...

But...if Johnny Depp played L, I think I'd have to cry. He did a wicked job in Pirates, but...I don't know...all the other characters I've seen him as don't really thrill me in that they're all the same. I just went to see Sweeny Todd, and I kept getting shades of either Edward Scissorhands (sp?) or Captain Jack during the whole thing, even though Sweeny Todd was considerably more messed-up, psychotic, and murderous than the other two. Captain Jack was his role. Anything other than that was kind of...bleh.

Hm..You have a point there. I want The Count as Ryuk. It's an inside joke between my friends and I. Y'see, we found THIS video on YouTube, and we are in the middle of a DN video to this version of the song. XDDD But more on topic, I think the Scrubs girl would make a nice Misa, although I don't really watch the show too often. I didn't get any traces of Jack or Edward in Sweeney Todd..Maybe in the beginning, but that was it. :/ Any younger actors for L...? I'm out of ideas..  

Naomi Baine

nmfrter

Star-Crossed Guardian

29,225 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Headstrong Believer 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:03 pm
lol it's so true!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:25 pm
I guess I could see that......  

Elisabell-angel enraged

Amagi Natsume

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:21 am
CyanideCherub

That's not a good idea. Disney might alter it. It may not even be called "death note" if Disney got a hold of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:40 am
I can't really imagine that.

Though Mr. Depp is good at portraying strange characters he is, unfortunately, a bit on the old side to play as L.

Though I can sort of imagine a younger Johnny Depp doing the role quite nicely. 3nodding

Also no Orlando bloom as Light, or as anybody in Death Note to be honest.

His acting just seems a bit... wooden to me.

CyanideCherub

Why would Disney be involved? Johnny Depp has been in more films than PoTC. Most of them not actually being Disney films at all.  

Piffle Inna Box

Naomi Baine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:10 pm
Piffle Inna Box
I can't really imagine that.

Though Mr. Depp is good at portraying strange characters he is, unfortunately, a bit on the old side to play as L.

Though I can sort of imagine a younger Johnny Depp doing the role quite nicely. 3nodding

Also no Orlando bloom as Light, or as anybody in Death Note to be honest.

His acting just seems a bit... wooden to me.

CyanideCherub

Why would Disney be involved? Johnny Depp has been in more films than PoTC. Most of them not actually being Disney films at all.

I agree here, actually. Jhonny is a tad old for L. D= But, I wish he was younger, then he would most likely be perfect for the character. x3 I know now that Viz has licensed the movies, so I'm curious to see the cast...Oh, and I'm going tosee L change the worLd when I go to Japan next month(hopefully!).  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff