Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The Great British Tea Debate! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you regularly drink tea?
Yes, yes I do.
75%
 75%  [ 43 ]
No, no I do not.
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 57

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:45 pm
Upon that sacred ground of the British Sterotypes thread, it was hotly debated as to whether Britain is actually a tea-drinking heaven or whether it was mere myth and legend.

Well, having debated it for weeks we shall now examine the topic in depth.

The poll will be that which tells us whether Britain truly is, the tea capital of the world!

Vox pop speaketh, feel free to chat freely on the topic of tea. The number of pages here will probably guage also the 'tea-interest' of the British.

Regards,

Invictus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:01 pm
I'd also like to note that we mean the good old 'tea-bagged' tea. Not green tea.

Or maybe both. Did the British orginally come up with greenie?  

Autograph

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:15 pm
Might have been the Chinese, I'd have to look into it.

Personally, I rarely go a day without a cup of tea. It's good too because tea crosses all class boundaries, it unites a divided people. Chavs, goths, dukes, royals and dockyard workers all drink tea. In my experience anyway.

We got a lot of people on the British Stereotypes thread saying that they don't drink tea and don't know anyone who does though, so it seems opinion is very divided indeed..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:09 pm
I don't drink tea, but I feel compelled to due to the strong British stereotype which portrays us as a 'tea-or-death' people.  

Knightsedge
Crew

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:33 am
For me it is most definitely tea-or-death.

That is to say, if I don't get my cups of tea throughout the day, somewhere, someone is going to die a particularly messy and painful death.

I am frequently found haunting the local branch of Whittards of Chelsea (of course), searching for my vanilla tea (a current favourite). But then, I always have at least 15 types of loose leaf tea AND (much as I hate to admit this with Autograph within earshot) a box of Yorkshire tea teabags in the cupboard at any one time.

At the last count, I had five teapots too.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:14 pm
Love the tea. Not complete "tea-or-death" mentality, but do love it. I probably have up to five cups a day, but today...*thinks*...only two.  

Vanilla Pod

Moomba666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:15 pm
I drink and make tea for my family regularly. You just can't beat a good old cuppa. My sister is a freak who only drinks coffee...i pity her.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:51 pm
I'm American, and I drink tea. All my friends think I'm the oddest thing since marhsmallow fluff was sold in tubes, but I don't care.

Tea = love. heart

And I used to drink coffee regularly, too. Maybe it was just for the caffeine, because now that I think about it, most of the stuff tastes awful. O_o

Switchblade no Demi

Moomba666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:55 pm
Me and a friend came up with a new type of Coffee called COrange. Basically it was coffee mixed with Orange squash, lots of sugar and no milk. It was gross...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:59 pm
.....ew. Just ... ew. There ... are no words. I think I've been put off drinking coffee for the rest of my life. Omg.  

Switchblade no Demi

Moomba666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:00 pm
Exactly, stay with tea, it's much safer.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:48 pm
What sort of tea do people prefer?

Earl Grey, usually..

Invictus_88
Captain

Moomba666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:03 pm
Tesco's own...Yeah im cheap blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:47 pm
Invictus_88
What sort of tea do people prefer?

Earl Grey, usually..

*nod of agreement* It is the best kind (in my opinion) after all. =3  

Switchblade no Demi

mr gimp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:34 am
i cant stand tea! i think it tastes like gack.

sweet sweet creamy coffee is so much nicer  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces