Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Pets named after characters Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:55 pm
Who here names their pets after their favourite characters in fantasy books? I had a black cat named Mischeif Managed (Mischeif for short), like from the Marauders in Harry Potter. Last year when Mum brought home a new puppy he was so offended he refused to come back in the house! He was one of those arrogant cats, you know? Anyway, I see him around the neighbourhood and he's not too thin, so I know he found someone to care for him. What about you all?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:13 pm
I can't say I name my pets after fantasy characters. they're mor elikely to get odd, cutesy names, like Sniffles or Ratty (yes, those are real examples). In the video game Harvest Moon, though, I name all my animals after characters in my favorite fantasy novels. It's just fun having cows and sheep named after characters that are all rough and tough. n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

LuNaTiC_aNd_PrOuD_oF_It

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:15 pm
I named my snake Riddle. I think it's pretty obvious that's from Harry Potter too. However, I do actually like riddles, and snakes are cunning, so even without the HP reference I think the name fits.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:03 am
I'v never realy though about nameing my pets after characters.If I did though I would try to find the name that best fits my cats personality.I would also try to make it seem like i didnt take it out of a book. Something that sounds natural for a pet to have. Otherwise I would feel like such a geek when I tell people what their names are.  

ninja_lord76

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:20 pm
I named my dog Sherlock because she's so smart & she reminded me of the hound from the Hound of the Baskervilles.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:16 pm
My cat is named Samwise Gamgee (Insert last name). But we just call him Sam.  

Tarantellatears

BookAddict Jess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:09 am
I had a cat named "Pippin" (from LOTR) when I was younger. If I ever get another cat, I want to call him/her "Richard Parker" after the tiger from Life of Pi.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:29 pm
erm, i named my hamster "Toodles" after the lost boy in Peter Pan and Hook  

Mikiela

The Vorpal Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:43 pm
I wanted to name my cat Mogget, from the Abhorsen Trilogy.

But, my brother got final say, so we got Einstein.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:19 pm
I named a solid black kitten Merlin that had just wandered into our yard. Probably left out by someone. Anyway, later when she had kittens I was so used to calling her that, the name stuck. 3nodding  

Nimue_of_Avalon

Minerva the Bookwyrm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:37 pm
It's funny that I happened across this thread that I made because now I've moved out of my parents house and have my own new kitten! 4laugh Her name is Cinderpelt after the medicine cat from Warriors by Erin Hunter.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:20 pm
I named my cat Veralidaine from Tamora Pierce's Immortals Quartet and my dog Padfoot, which is obviously from Harry Potter.  

Little Nightmare

Foolish Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:31 am
I had a cat called Harry Potter once...
I didn't name him though, my aunt did. We took him in the day I read Philosopher's Stone for the first time, which my aunt clearly thought was an occasion to be marked. I was... eight, I think.

Then theres the dog my Gran's getting. If its a boy, my brother gets to name it - Enzo, like Enzo Ferrari. If its a girl, I get to name it - Amber, as in 'from Liveship Traders'.

And then, while not reall fantasy related, there were the four cats that we named after Friends characters - Pheobe, Joey, Rachel and Ross. Pheobe's the only one we still have.
And there was the dog called Timmy, after the dog in the Famous Five series.

Oh, and I almost forgot Claudia, who my dad named after watching Interview With the Vamire.

On a somewhat stranger and more playful note, my friend and I recently had an argument over who could call their first son Dannyl... I apologise in advance to any prospective future children of mine, because chances are they really will be named like that!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:41 pm
none of my pets r named after fantasy charatitors...i coludnt pick one.. But on Zoo tycone everysingle animal is named after a book charictor.. And on the sims all mey people and my pets r book charators  

12l531

Exo-Polition

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:31 pm
OK i'm really bad for this... so i'm just going to list them
A Horse called Brom (From the Inheritance Trilogy)
Another Horse called Akkarin (From The Dark Magicians Guild Trilogy)
Yet another Horse (we have quite a few) Called Lestat (From Interview with a vampire)
A dog called Marious (The Vampire Lestat)
Another Dog called Marvin ( Hitch Hikers Guid to the Galaxy)
A bull called Voldemort
Oh and another horse called Zaphod Beeblebrox (Also from Hitch Hikers Guid to the Galaxy)

Pathetic i know but ah well there are still a few normal ones lol  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces