Reply The Music Artists Guild
Singer's Chat/Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

baby_beanie13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:44 am
For some reason, it always seems that the vocalists dont have as many places to chat as band members so here singers can talk about whatever they would like.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:26 pm
Anyone go to college for voice around here?  

Aryana_99

moosiklady

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:54 pm
I sing in choirs, though I'm not really a soloist type of voice, duets+ are fine. I've graduated from College in Music Ed - mostly an instrumentalist. Currently I'm teaching private lessons and accompanying, weddings, etc.

I love vocalists, because I work with so many. When I'm playing piano I try to think of it as a singer for the phrasing, etc. I've learned a LOT by listening to good vocalists!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:51 pm
Cool! I try to perform for as many weddings and funerals as I can...It's good experience and money. smile And many instrumentalists have the goal to sound like a voice, so that's good!  

Aryana_99

baby_beanie13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:06 pm
I'm only 16 so I definitely haven't graduated from anywhere for anything yet. I do want to major in vocal performance though, so we'll see if that goes through  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:08 pm
i seriously want to graduate in vocal down in new york!!!! im in my school musical fiddler on the roof!!!! i luv singing im in a band... red heart blue blood and i write my own songs! heres the chorus to 1 of them...

When I saw you with her,
my heart fell to pieces.
my soul was dead, spirit crushed,
and all because I saw you with her!

if you want to hear thre rest talk to me and ask but u can't hear it if u steel it  

iluvblueyesido

Anime_Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:01 pm
Aryana_99
Cool! I try to perform for as many weddings and funerals as I can...It's good experience and money. smile And many instrumentalists have the goal to sound like a voice, so that's good!

Funerals? O.o Isn't that depressing? I would never sing at a Funeral because I do not want an angry mob of grieving people coming after me...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:03 pm
I received many invitations to attend a Summer Program in LA for Voice lessons, like Pop/Rock, Blues, R&B, etc. But I couldn't go because it cost like $3,500. crying  

Anime_Fanboy

LupieCheekynEeter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:58 pm
I haven't graduated from anywhere yet, but I know that whatever I end up doing in life will involve music and singing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:18 pm
It kind of made me mad they didn't have a singer's forum but this makes up for it I guess sweatdrop I'm barely going to 8th grade and my parents don't want me to consider a music-rounded collage so I'm planing on going to some type of phycologys' collage and take music/vocal classes in my spare time *I'm not even sure if that will be easy to swing*  

Coffee Makes You Fat

41oabglsdfsk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:53 pm
I'm new to singing myself. I'm going to start taking some lessons next week to learn how to train my voice and hopefully be more confident about singing. I'm really shy and when I talk I usually don't talk very loud, but I'd like to be more confident and change that. I've always loved music and can't see myeslf doing anything else in life--so I'm determined to be the best singer I can. (:  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:07 pm
So, what kind of songs do you guys like to sing?  

LupieCheekynEeter

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:49 pm
I've sang Soprano in a choir for a little over three years now, it's a blast =)

And I've fronted a couple of bands... it's a load of fun. I sing to myself all the time. And I just recorded the better part of a song today, I have to touch it up and add vocs tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:26 pm
I'll sing almost any kinds of songs. I mean, i'm trained to sing classically but i like singing almost any other types also  

baby_beanie13

xx_risen_angel_xx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:49 pm
when i was younger, i wanted to be a singer...but no one rlly supported me...even my brother said it wouldnt happen...now i sing n a garage band (tht hasnt started yet lol).i wanna b n choir, but i cant untill next year, cuzseventh graders r only allowed n band.n they cant b n choir n band at the same time.  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff