Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Speaking of Axis (Old Threads)
Curiouser and curiouser Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wonderland
  The looking Glass world
View Results

_DeVamp_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:56 pm
Wonderland or the Looking Glass world.

Which would you prefer to explore?

Also was Alices original dress Blue, Red or Yellow?

Things to discuss: Which world you prefer and what and why do you believe her dress to be one of the following colours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:51 am
Both of them are wonderful. @_@
I would rather go beyond the looking glass, though, because it seems like there are less people / things trying to kill you.
I think blue. Just because blue would look best. Red wouldn't look good with that apron at all, and I just hate yellow. D:

Princess JessieKate

Kawaii Girl

Minefield Hopscotch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:55 pm
... That's a really hard decision... right off the bat, I think I'll say Wonderland, but that's only because I haven't thought about the decision much. If I allowed myself time to think about it, I would surely go mad. Er.

The reason I chose Wonderland is because, psycho though I may seem, I would like to meet the Queen of Hearts, to figure out her obsession with beheading people. Although the Tweedle Twins would be very interesting to meet... GAH, no! Must not ponder. -twitch- And Cheshire! Must... meet Cheshire...

Hm. A color... this slightly reminds me of Disney's Sleeping Beauty, when the godmothers were all fighting over which color dress Princess Aurora should wear.

I honestly don't know which to choose... I would prefer red, perhaps blue even... when Tina Majorino plays as Alice, she wears a yellow dress, with black and white-sriped stockings. I like that look, but it would be intereresting to see a red dress and white apron.
I like the idea of a red dress with a black apron, or black dress with white or red apron... I don't know. My girlfriend did a cosplay for Alice, with a blue dress and white apron. But the apron had blood on it, so it looked uber-awesome.
-Leon-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:12 pm
I love the original A.i.W and I love blue. The old Diseny version makes my toes curl since she is so......... cute.

Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it.  

inthefamily

_DeVamp_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:53 pm
Wow, I didn't really expect people to reply
but yes
I my self wouyld rater the looking glass world, how weird would it be to go backwards to go forwards
although having to stay clear of the jabberwocky would be a task.
Wonderland would be good only because I'd like to meet the mad hatter and the griffon.

And for her dress I beleive it to be yellow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:43 pm
I personally would perfer wonderland so I could play croquet and go to mad tea parties. Plus there are tons of interesting flowers, people and other things to meet

I believe her dress was originally blue  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Hakumei Kusanagi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:01 pm
I'll completely Geek out here and say Wonderland because it was one of my favorite worlds in Kingdom Hearts.
And... Blue, it would look best but probably be a little Dorothy-esque... The other colors wouldn't look good. But I'm probably just saying blue because thats what I've (and most) have already seen her in.

Is that right?!?!?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:09 am
Hakumei Kusanagi
I'll completely Geek out here and say Wonderland because it was one of my favorite worlds in Kingdom Hearts.
And... Blue, it would look best but probably be a little Dorothy-esque... The other colors wouldn't look good. But I'm probably just saying blue because thats what I've (and most) have already seen her in.

Is that right?!?!?

there is no right or wrong about the dress
its just that I've seen it portrayted in all three colours so it just got me curious.

@Kahlan: the flowers are actually in through the looking glass. Disney sorta mish mashed the two stroies together which is a real diss appointment.

_DeVamp_

Lily of the Sword
Crew

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:48 am
i'm not sure which book i prefer. but there is also the book "Alice's Adventures in the Underground" to consider.

Alice's original dress was blue and her stocking were white and blue strips like the leggings you can find here.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:46 pm
_DeVaMp_
Hakumei Kusanagi

Is that right?!?!?

its just that I've seen it portrayted in all three colours so it just got me curious.

@Kahlan: the flowers are actually in through the looking glass. Disney sorta mish mashed the two stroies together which is a real diss appointment.
Yes, Disney did.
Alice's adventure's in the underground...? Who is that by?

Princess JessieKate

Kawaii Girl

Lily of the Sword
Crew

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:06 pm
Candied Rose
_DeVaMp_
Hakumei Kusanagi

Is that right?!?!?

Yes, Disney did.
Alice's adventure's in the underground...? Who is that by?

It's by Lewis Carrol. the same guy who wrote the other two books. It's an extremely hard find but it's online. There's a link in one of my previous posts that leads to a page that hold PDF formats of all the books. And it's legal since apparently the original Alice books are not copyrighted in the US  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:52 pm
eh leave it to Disney to mash two good books together when making a movie . I wish they had just made a through the looking glass movie instead. it would of looked interesting  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

BoyInPink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:10 pm
heart heart heart I DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2 SO I DONT KNOW LOLZ heart heart heart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:26 am
Remember, Disney does not make movies for Disney, nor for die hard fans. Disney makes movies for the idiotic general masses. They have to; otherwise they'd be sued for something.

And I'd have to choose Wonderland... I think it would be fun to run around like mad encountering all of those diverse psychos. T'would be funny. ^.^

As for the dress, I say all three... it changes colors! XD Why not? Alice is just as strange as Wonderland, you could say... ^.^

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Angels Fell First

9,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:41 pm
Hmm, I'm going to go with Wonderland.

1. Because it was her first adventure, and there's something about one's primary, original experience that holds a special place in one's heart. I believe I will always prefer Alice's Adventures in Wonderland to Through the Looking Glass simply because it was MY first journey with Alice...

2. The Mad Tea Party is one of my favorite scenes. I've always been fond of the Mad Hatter and the March Hare. I consider their characters to be quite intriguing. And considering that scene takes place in the first book...well there you have it.

3. I adore the Queen of Hearts, the Card Guards, and the whole general situation that takes place there.

As for the dress, I have always believed it to be blue. Therefore, it remains blue in my mind. I, however, am a big fan of the color red, and would like to see a more 'gothic' version of Alice. As I believe someone stated earlier, a red dress with a black apron, or something similar, would be interesting and unique.

On the topic of Alice's Adventures Under Ground, it is the original, early Alice's Adventures in Wonderland story, as handwritten by Lewis Carroll. The first version, at roughly 18,000 words, was expanded to closer to 32,000 words and renamed.

Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to add this in here:

New editions of Alice, as well as reprintings of Alice's Adventures Under Ground, (the original story hand-lettered and illustrated by Lewis Carroll as a gift to Alice Liddell) and The Nursery Alice (Carroll's retelling of the story for very young readers) rolled off the presses around the world.

--(Martin Gardner, Introduction to More Annotated Alice, xxiv)

I hope all that can be helpful to SOMEONE at least! ^_^

Speaking of Axis (Old Threads)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces