Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
A few questions about stones and gems. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Screaming Lord Byron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:32 am
Hello. I just bought an aquamarine and an orange calcite and I had a few questions.
#1 What's the best method to get the full effect of these stones? One's for my writer's block and the other is for my extreme social issues. Do I just hold the stones and they will work or is there something else I must do?

#2 What is the best way to cleanse them? I got salt but my container broke in my bag. Will it still work or should I get new salt? Or is there another method that I could take while cleaning them?

Well...I suppose that's all the questions I have.
I would look it up on the internet but I'm at my sister's house and it would show up on her browser history and she would freak...anyway. Thanks for the help.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:42 am
Auquamarine is good for writers block, it is governed by water... I use one the same as a hematite ring, but wearing a small stone on a necklace while writing. As for cleansing it, the salt should be fine.  

deito

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:01 pm
I wouldn't use salt to cleanse anything that looks like amethyst in its natural form. Soft stones like that can be damaged easily by salt. I don't know for sure, though.

I've heard of other ways of cleansing it: holding it under running water, holding it in incense smoke, leaving it under moonlight, burying it underground, leaving it in water, etc. Before doing any of these you should check the properties of the stone to make sure it won't be damaged by any of these.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:23 pm
thing about burying things in the ground... takes about a week, and you don't know if you can get it back. Someone filched my athame while I was cleansing it...  

deito

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:41 pm
Sophist
I wouldn't use salt to cleanse anything that looks like amethyst in its natural form. Soft stones like that can be damaged easily by salt. I don't know for sure, though.

I've heard of other ways of cleansing it: holding it under running water, holding it in incense smoke, leaving it under moonlight, burying it underground, leaving it in water, etc. Before doing any of these you should check the properties of the stone to make sure it won't be damaged by any of these.
Second verse... same as the first...

Why would you recommend these?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:04 pm
TeaDidikai
Sophist

Because that's what she asked for. It's up to her whether she wants to believe it or not.

To the op: before you get into cleansing it you might want to ask yourself where these magical properties come from and whether those sources are viable. If validity is not a concern for you, then you should recognize that most of this crystal stuff is up to personal interpretation and should be taken with a grain of salt. If it works for you, though, go with it. There doesn't need to be a source affirming what you believe if it's what works for you.

I just saved you a 5 page socratic discourse with Tea. You're welcome. wink

heart Tea. xd  

Bastemhet

Screaming Lord Byron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:37 pm
Sophist
TeaDidikai
Sophist

Because that's what she asked for. It's up to her whether she wants to believe it or not.

To the op: before you get into cleansing it you might want to ask yourself where these magical properties come from and whether those sources are viable. If validity is not a concern for you, then you should recognize that most of this crystal stuff is up to personal interpretation and should be taken with a grain of salt. If it works for you, though, go with it. There doesn't need to be a source affirming what you believe if it's what works for you.

heart Tea. xd

All right, thanks for the help. I'll be sure to use your advice.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:40 pm
deito
Auquamarine is good for writers block, it is governed by water... I use one the same as a hematite ring, but wearing a small stone on a necklace while writing. As for cleansing it, the salt should be fine.

Ooh, that's good that it works for writer's block. I was aiming for that...I wish they had aquamarine necklaces where I shop...  

Screaming Lord Byron

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:47 pm
Sophist

heart Tea. xd
Actually- you didn't.

See- you skipped the whole part about mechanics.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:54 am
I can see where this is going, so I'm just going to tell her how to make the necklace and then I'm going to hide.

Find an awl, or even just a screw driver, and punch a hole through the stone. Its best to weaken it first using a small chisel and mineral hammer, then you can string it and wear it that way. You could ear rings, a ring if you have the tools. Its all very fun to do, and it helps to meditate, working with your hands. A power drill and a screw would work as well, but no matter what its possible the stone will crack down the middle. Takes a little practice, so I would suggest honing your skills on bits of sandstone before trying the actuall Aquamarine. Have fun with the mechanics discussion!  

deito

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:38 am
TeaDidikai

I'm 'enry the 8th I am, just got married to the mrs next door and she's been married 7 times before, and every one was an 'enry...

ahem sorry couldn't resist blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:37 am
ShadowSharrow
TeaDidikai

I'm 'enry the 8th I am, just got married to the mrs next door and she's been married 7 times before, and every one was an 'enry...

ahem sorry couldn't resist blaugh
It was an act of will not to post "Could get better but it's gunna get worse!" rofl  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:33 am
TeaDidikai
Sophist

heart Tea. xd
Actually- you didn't.

See- you skipped the whole part about mechanics.

Like I said, if she cares to know, she'll ask. I just repeated whatever generic information she would find with google, which is what she said she'd do if she could.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:52 am
deito
I can see where this is going, so I'm just going to tell her how to make the necklace and then I'm going to hide.

Find an awl, or even just a screw driver, and punch a hole through the stone. Its best to weaken it first using a small chisel and mineral hammer, then you can string it and wear it that way. You could ear rings, a ring if you have the tools. Its all very fun to do, and it helps to meditate, working with your hands. A power drill and a screw would work as well, but no matter what its possible the stone will crack down the middle. Takes a little practice, so I would suggest honing your skills on bits of sandstone before trying the actuall Aquamarine. Have fun with the mechanics discussion!

eek gonk crying

For an alternate point of view... never, under any circumstances pierce or otherwise structurally weaken a whole stone, if the stone's natural properties are a part of what you are using... if it's just going to be a battery of sorts, use whatever technique you wish... but piercing the stone breaks countless latices, and can destroy alot of the circuitry inside. Anything with a crystaline matrix will suffer horribly.

for getting the full effect out of stones, I suggest taking them in a near-natural state and setting them in materials that will propperly associate with them, or with the desired effect. The setting is just as important as the stone. A copper cage work will route things far differently from a silver bracing.  

Fiddlers Green

deito

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:19 am
Sorry, thats from a stoneworkers point of view... better to find a naturally holed one, at least then you don't break it.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff