Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply Other Music Discussion
Plain White T's, Spill Canvas & the Fold! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
View Results

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:46 am
I'm going to a Plain White T's concert on February 2nd! I don't have tickets yet, but I asked my parents at lunch and they said I could! And I already asked all my friends if they wanted to go (before I even asked my parents xp ) and one of them already asked her dad and she's definitely allowed to go! Which means I am too, since there's someone coming. Hopefully some other friends will also be allowed, but if not, it'll just be the two of us and that's fine too 'cause it's gonna be awesome!

I'm really excited. This summer, PWT's gave a "secret show" at a mall in the city I used to live (and I was visiting there at the time), everyone found out about it though... and I really really wanted to go, but my friend overslept and got ready super slowly and by the time she was ready to leave, it had already started and she thought it wasn't worth it anymore! I was like scream scream scream
I had tried to hurry her up and stuff... but since I was a guest and she was the one driving there wasn't really anything I could. I was pretty bummed about missing it, but now I have the chance to go see them!

And I used to love The Spill Canvas. A few years ago, before I knew any of the FBR bands besides Fall Out Boy I really liked Death Cab For Cutie and Dashboard Confessional type music.. and the Spill Canvas was my favorite. I don't listen to them as much anymore, but I still love a lot of their songs. Like The Tide heart And yeah.
I'm happy! 4laugh heart

----------
Updated
The show was last night, and it was absolutely incredible <333

Our train had a delay, so by the time we got to the venue, it was already 6 o'clock and doors normally opened at 7. There's was already a line there, but it wasn't too bad. The majority of people showed up after us. At like 7, they hadn't opened the doors yet and then De'Mar (the drummer)came out from the venue right next to us, and went into their bus surprised But I only saw him after when he was getting the bus and I was like "HEY he's in Plain White T's!!" and then my friends were like "oh, he just came out of that door, right behind you." I was like ughh because I wanted his autograph :p But oh well. I was too excited to care much. It was more like 7:10 when doors opened, and we were inside by 7:15. We went down to the floor and waited. And waited. We were in like the third row! 4laugh It was awesome.

And then the Fold came out! They were so good. I only heard of them a little earlier this week, when I found out they were gonna be playing also... and then I listened to their songs on myspace a ton so I was able to sing along with at least the chorus, if not more of all the songs they played (except one)... I think everyone really liked them. They sounded great and were really energetic and they really made it feel like they wanted to be there, and they were grateful to be playing.
So they're kind of my newest favorite band, for now. I don't have pictures, because I was using my friend's camera for the first half of the show, but then the batteries fell out and we couldn't find them anymore. So then I switched to my camera, but that wasn't until during PWT's... And it's a really crappy camera, because I didn't want to bring my nice one incase something happened to it...
My friend said she'd email me the rest of the pictures though.

After the Fold was The Spill Canvas. They were my least favorite of the three, which is weird because I really loved them a few years ago. They were like my favorite band ever. And I still do love some of the songs on their CDs from back then... but I wasn't that impressed by the show. It was good, but the instruments seemed too loud in comparison to the singing. And I was really looking forward to The Tide, but they didn't play it acoustic and it was.. different. If I hadn't known how it was "supposed" to sound, I wouldn't have thought it was bad.. but the core emotion of the song just seemed gone. Which I was kind of disappointed about. They did play Staplegunned though, which is a fun song whee I'm glad I got to see them, even if it wasn't entirely what I expected.

And then there was more waiting. Between the Fold and the Spill Canvas was only like 10 minutes, I think. But between the Spill Canvas and Plain White T's it was like 20 or 25. Or at least it felt like it took forever.
When they came out.. it was like. Such a rush. Everyone was screaming and clapping. They opened with "Hate (IRDLY)", which I think was a good choice. And god Tom is like, a born performer. Seriously. He was so perfect on stage. He had his sunglasses on, and then would pull them down a bit and look out at the crowd and wink at girls. Or blow kisses. Such a tease wink He was just really energetic though, and made sure to go to the sides and the middle of the stage, and he high-fived like everyone in the front row, more than once. And he interacted with the crowd a lot. The guitarist (pretty sure it was Tim) too... I couldn't see the other guys so much since they were on the right side. I started out right in the middle, but then people started moshing so I ended up going off the left more, but still pretty near the middle. I had a perfect view of Tom the whole time xp heart Every time he raised his arm, his shirt would go up.. not that I was paying attention to that wink domokun
It really was a great show though. I probably already said that... but everyone was really into it, jumping and singing along and waving their arms during the slower songs... like "Lonely September" and "Write You A Song" (which were dedicated to the girls and then the guys in the crowd.) The only downside (besides that it had to end) was the heat. It was like a sauna in there. And there were constantly people pressed up against you, so it was kind of sweat and nasty. But it was definitely worth it.
After "Take Me Away", Tom was like "thank you!" and the band went off stage. They hadn't played "Hey There Delilah" yet though, so I knew they were coming back.. but it took a while. The crowd screamed and chanted the whole time they were gone. It probably took a good five minutes... and the tech guys started clearing instruments. I was like.. come on, there's no way it's actually over... and then finally Tom came back out. And he talked about how we'd been an amazing crowd. I wonder if he says that at every show... I hope not. It seemed like he meant it. Then he started playing "Hey There Delilah", and then the rest of the band came out and joined him. I swear every single person in the place was singing along and had their hands in the air... As overplayed as that song is, I could have stood in that crowd, watching and listening to them.. for the rest of my life. It was something special.
<3

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
(see what I mean about the shirt? Except at times it was even more wink )
User Image
User Image

After the show, we hung out in the lobby for a while to meet the bands! heart
I talked to the guys in The Fold a while and got all their autographs. I had talked to one of them on myspace a few days ago, I didn't know who though, but when I mentioned it the singer was like "Oh that was me. Dan. Hi!" and he was wicked nice. He seemed incredible happy to be there. Which is awesome xD
And I also met three of the guys in the Spill Canvas... I don't really know who though, 'cause I only know who the singer is (Nick) =/ But he was one of the three.
And from Plain White's, we met two of the guys in the lobby and then we went outside and Mike was out there talking to people near the bus. So we got his autograph too. And I asked if Tom and De'Mar would be coming out and he said they would eventually, but he didn't know how long it would be... so we left without seeing them because we couldn't miss our train, or we'd be stuck in Brussels all night xp
All the pictures I took with band members didn't come out well though, with flash they're basically completely white, and without flash, they're black. Stupid camera. Oh well though. The autographs are good enough for me. I don't even know whose they all are surprised That's kinda.. I don't know, non-fangirlish of me..? Actually, this is kind of embarrassing, but, I accidentally had one of the guys of TSC sign my Plain White T's poster. And he was like "I'm actually in the Spill Canvas." and I was like "..nuh uh. Seriously? Haha, sorry" thinking like.. ooooh god, smooth Poly xd But hey, at least it proves I like them for their music and not just 'cause of who's in the band wink domokun

Oh and one of my friends found one of PWT's guitar picks surprised Right after the show ended she saw it on the floor and picked it up. I was like aww man, lucky xd gonk domokun

User Image
User Image

In case anyone is interested... Setlists (sort of xp )
The Fold:
Gravity
New Skeptic
[a song I don't think I know, unless it was Hey Rebekah but I don't seem to remember =/ ]
Faster Still
Catastrophe
Medicine

Spill Canvas (The first one is right, but the rest aren't in order, and I'm sure I'm missing some... they played a lot of their newest CD which I don't really know)
Polygraph, Right Now
Battles
Staplegunned
Hush, Hush
The Tide
The Truth
Saved

Plain White T's (The order isn't exactly right here either.. and it's possible I'm forgetting some. I don't know xp )
Hate (I Really Don't Like You)
Anything
Write You A Song
Come Back To Me
Breakdown
Friends Don't Let Friends Dial Drunk
You And Me
Revenge
Our Time Now
All That We Needed
A Lonely September
Let Me Take You There
So Damn Clever
Figure It Out
Take Me Away
Hey There Delilah

Some videos, found on youtube, except the first one. That one I took, which is why the audio is kind of crappy…

Tom talking.
Hate
Breakdown
Friends Don’t Let Friends Dial Drunk
A Lonely September
Write You A Song
Come Back To Me
You And Me
Figure It Out
Let Me Take You There
So Damn Clever
Our Time Now
Take Me Away
Hey There Delilah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:13 pm
Sounds like it's going to be alot of fun.  

xXblackXmagicXx

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:49 am
I hope so!

It's the day my school's exchange program starts. Being able to go to the concert helps make up for the disappointment of not being able to go to NYC 3nodding So it works out well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:09 am
You're going to love them! heart This is your first time seeing them, right?

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:40 pm
Yup! I'm excited heart  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:41 am
My tickets came in the mail today! =D

I have a dilemma though.

Do I bring my new, expensive camera to the show and risk something happening to it, or do I bring a crappy disposable camera? I want to be able to take videos and good pictures... but if something happened to my camera I'd cry. And be in huge trouble.

And since it's standing... sweatdrop
I wonder if people would mosh and stuff. That'd not be good.

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:20 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
Yup! I'm excited heart

biggrin Awesome. If you get in the front and wave and scream at Tom, there's a really good chance that he'll wave or wink at you. 3nodding He interacts with the crowd a lot, especially girls. So get in the front!

I think you should bring the disposeable camera. I'm sure there'll be professional photographers there whose pictures will come up on the internet, so you won't have to worry about not having good pictures. I wouldn't want your camera to get dropped or knocked down and jumped on. sad

I don't think people will mosh, but there will be a lot of people who push and shove to get to the front. Plain White T's are pretty low-key. Warning: when they play "Hey There Delilah," people will go crazy, and some people might cry...being it's really moving when it's played live. domokun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:40 am
I hope my friends won't be like "we can see fine from here.. I don't want to push through all those people."

Because I can see them being like that... but I definitely want to get as close as possible 3nodding

And I think you're right about the camera. Or maybe I'll bring my younger brother's.. which is my old one that he got since I have a new one. It doesn't work very well and was pretty cheap.. and otherwise a disposable one will have to do.

I can already imagine people going crazy when they play "Hey There Delilah" xp I wonder if people even know any of their other songs sweatdrop I guess there must be some people around here who are actual fans of them and know all their songs and not just that one... but everyone I know (including the friends who are coming with me) only knows "Hey There Delilah"

And I wonder how many people know the Spill Canvas surprised xp

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:19 pm
I've never heard Spill Canvas. xd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:30 am
CityScene
I've never heard Spill Canvas. xd
surprised
You should listen to them. This is a beautiful song.. at least in my opinion xp

Polyphonic Twilight

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:43 pm
So, I wrote another novel...
See first post wink heart xp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:21 pm
Poly, you are so lucky to get the Fold's autographs, and find a PWT guitar pick.

I should go on a train to watch Panic!.... ninja

GoodbyeLights

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:59 pm
Poly!!! WHY DO YOU GUYS GET TO MEET ALL THESE KIDS BUT IF THEY COME BACK TO AMERICA AND DID THAT THEIR WOULD BE A RIOT?! Ugh~! You're so lucky...you don't even know! I can't believe you met a couple of them! That's so cool...! heart 4laugh You meet lots of famous people, Poly! I think Panic's new song, "Famous Friends," is going to be specifically dedicated to you or something. xD But really, wow, you're so lucky! I'm jealous!

(but other than meeting them...) I almost felt like you were descibing when I saw them in 2007. Like...everything. xd I felt like we lived through the same thing. I know exactly what you're talking about...and like...even the back drop and stuff is the same! And I think we had a really similar setlist. I know for sure that they started with "Hate" and ended with "Delilah."

I'm glad you liked them. wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:49 am
GoodbyeLights
Poly, you are so lucky to get the Fold's autographs, and find a PWT guitar pick.

I should go on a train to watch Panic!.... ninja
Well, my friend found it, not me. And she wouldn't give it to me xp domokun  

Polyphonic Twilight

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:01 am
PrimeOdd
Poly!!! WHY DO YOU GUYS GET TO MEET ALL THESE KIDS BUT IF THEY COME BACK TO AMERICA AND DID THAT THEIR WOULD BE A RIOT?! Ugh~! You're so lucky...you don't even know! I can't believe you met a couple of them! That's so cool...! heart 4laugh You meet lots of famous people, Poly! I think Panic's new song, "Famous Friends," is going to be specifically dedicated to you or something. xD But really, wow, you're so lucky! I'm jealous!

(but other than meeting them...) I almost felt like you were descibing when I saw them in 2007. Like...everything. xd I felt like we lived through the same thing. I know exactly what you're talking about...and like...even the back drop and stuff is the same! And I think we had a really similar setlist. I know for sure that they started with "Hate" and ended with "Delilah."

I'm glad you liked them. wink
I think it really is like you said. People here don't even know who any of them are xp domokun Most people only know who Tom is... and there was one group of girls there who were there for TSC and I heard them screaming "NICK I LOVE YOU" so I guess they know who he is xp But other than that, no one was like freaking out or swarming them or anything. It was all just like "Oh hey, you're in the band? That's cool." xp

And then there was me like "Will you sign my ticket? And my poster? Oh and my friends' stuff too.. oh and will you take a picture with me?" domokun

If Panic ever dedicated a song to me.. well I don't know what I'd do. Scream. Faint. Cry. Die? mad D

That's so cool, we have like a shared memory now surprised heart
I definitely did like them. I loooved them xp heart

Tom said when they were done touring the world, they're going back to Chicago to record a CD and then they'd be back here before the end of the year surprised surprised surprised
So they're gonna be busy! I mean, recording a CD takes a while, and their tour doesn't even end until March.... and I'm sure they'll do a US tour before they come back to Europe. If they don't, they're gonna make all their American fans pretty mad xp

Other Music Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff