Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
ARGH! The exams!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Final Exams...
  YAY! *happies* (Me: D:)
  HATE!!!!!!!!!!!! (Me: YAY! DOWN with the school system!)
  Whatever...
View Results

starmist100

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:42 am
Yeah, final exams.... I hate them so much...

AND! Because I'm a senior, I can be exempt if I have an A average for the semester. And I wouldn't hate the school system that much if they knew what SENIORITY meant. The juniors get exempt if they passed the "FCAT" (it's this stupid test we take in Florida that's kinda like an UBER easy version of the SAT or ACT) and have a C average in their classes. WTF! A C!!!!???? If I was exempt with a C I wouldn't have to come in for AP Calculus and AP Statistics! stressed (I make B's in those...)

So, because my school hates those of us who have passed that stupid FCAT test every year of our lives, we have to go in and take these exams while the juniors stay home and live it up! BRARG!!!! scream stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:10 pm
I too have to take sem test. If i had an A and missed less than 5 days I could stay home. But I go anyway to see friends. I'm a sophomore but I was supposed to be a junior but had to be put back a grade ><  

Midori of the Azure Land

Winter Faun

19,675 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

fk12

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:46 pm
We have to take something called the HSPA in order to actually graduate high school. This is in addition to the PSAT and the SAT. Um... what?

I don't have finals until the very end of the year. Midterms are usually January/February. You can be exempt only from finals if you've had an A average all year, and even then, you need to have a special card and you can only get out of two. And you need a parent note if you're getting out early because you don't have certain exams.

biggrin Word to the NJ education system?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:55 pm
@fk12: Yeah in Ok you need to have a parent and teacher sign this slip if you can skip the test. Christmas break is startin this Friday, but we have to test >< so when Monday comes we have to study*only in some classes* and then when Thursday comes we take our 4,5, and 6 hr test and Friday we take our 1,2, and 3 hr test then Christmas break. Then when May comes we have to take our year test ><  

Midori of the Azure Land

Winter Faun

19,675 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

starmist100

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:36 am
Wow... You guys have to go through a lot to be exempt. At my school, the only people who are supposed to be exempt from exams are seniors, but they are trying to reward those who passed the FCAT. I've passed it every year, but I never got anything...

Another thing that infuriates me is: At the beginning of the year, thay had this big assembly. In it, they had about 5 people who have not passed the FCAT every year they tried. Well, they had to come in for 3 days to do practice tests, and those who passed got free iPods. Now, I'm not against those who have a hard time passing tests and such, but really.... Should they reward those who fail with a reward like an iPod? I don't think so! It kinda makes the younger students at our school see the ADVANTAGES of failing...

But I just feel like ranting... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:18 pm
starmist100
Wow... You guys have to go through a lot to be exempt. At my school, the only people who are supposed to be exempt from exams are seniors, but they are trying to reward those who passed the FCAT. I've passed it every year, but I never got anything...

Another thing that infuriates me is: At the beginning of the year, thay had this big assembly. In it, they had about 5 people who have not passed the FCAT every year they tried. Well, they had to come in for 3 days to do practice tests, and those who passed got free iPods. Now, I'm not against those who have a hard time passing tests and such, but really.... Should they reward those who fail with a reward like an iPod? I don't think so! It kinda makes the younger students at our school see the ADVANTAGES of failing...

ipods!!!1!!1 D: My school is too poor to even fix the roofs.  

Midori of the Azure Land

Winter Faun

19,675 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

starmist100

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:24 pm
Midori of the Azure land
starmist100

ipods!!!1!!1 D: My school is too poor to even fix the roofs.

My school is rather... "Disavantaged" when it comes to money, however, when they need money for something stupid like this, it magically appears! I wish some money would "magically appear" for some new desks. Some of ours are smaller than the ones in my little brother's fourth grade class.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:29 pm
Only the high school has some new desk. some teachers have to use the old ones. I wish money would magically appear for a new roof.  

Midori of the Azure Land

Winter Faun

19,675 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Puppetry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:01 pm

I like the old desks more.

Some of the new desks are too comfortable. Comfortable enough to fall asleep in o_o;

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:04 pm
Same here. but I like the new ones casue my hair doesn't get stuck on them like the old ones  

Midori of the Azure Land

Winter Faun

19,675 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

starmist100

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:45 pm
Midori of the Azure land
Same here. but I like the new ones casue my hair doesn't get stuck on them like the old ones
OOO! My hair get's stuck in the old ones all the time! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:56 pm
starmist100
Midori of the Azure land
I always hated that. I get up and half my hair is stuck on the back D:  

Midori of the Azure Land

Winter Faun

19,675 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

starmist100

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:08 am
Midori of the Azure land
starmist100
Midori of the Azure land
I always hated that. I get up and half my hair is stuck on the back D:

Me too. Back when my hair was uber long, it would get wrapped in the little metal thingys and it was always somewhat painful when I got up... Even now, my hair's not all that long, but it still gets stuck occasionally.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:05 am
My final exams aren't till January 21. :C which is gay. Glad I get to sleep late durning the HSA's since I passed them all! biggrin But I'm going to fail my exams though D:  

BreathLessX
Crew

Midori of the Azure Land

Winter Faun

19,675 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:42 pm
BreathLessX
My final exams aren't till January 21. :C which is gay. Glad I get to sleep late durning the HSA's since I passed them all! biggrin But I'm going to fail my exams though D:
I take mine tomorrow D: and Friday D: then Christmas break biggrin  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces