Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pokemon Unleashed
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: Tournament (THE FINALS!!!!!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Solar IXI

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:07 pm
Would it be cool if I held a tournament for the guild and the people that play D&P?

If so, Sign up here!

EDIT: THE DEADLINE FOR TEAMS IS DEC. 31ST. The Tournament will commence January 1st. All Match-Ups will be posted here.

6vs6
Lv. 100 Single Battles
Standard Clauses Apply

Dont know the standard clauses? Read them here:
- Uber Clause: Basically states that no ubers shall be used in the battle. Ubers are mainly legendaries that are insanely powerful, as well as wobbufette, who for various reasons is unfair to use. Tyranitar is oftentimes debated to be an uber, especially with the many potential benefits his practically permanent sandstorm brings, and his legendary level stats. However, due to his weaknesses, and the fact that he hasn't really hindered higher skill level players from winning has kept him off of the uber list.

Uber Pokemon
Mewtwo
Mew
Wobbuffet
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Wynaut
Latias (both with and without Soul Dew)
Latios (both with and without Soul Dew)
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys (ALL forms)
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Manaphy
Darkrai
Arceus

- Sleep Clause: The sleep clause means that you cannot put 2 enemy pokemon to sleep at the same time. This means, if you put my Gengar to sleep, and I switched out for Arcanine, you cannot put Arcanine to sleep until Gengar has woken up. However, if you KO the sleeping pokemon, or it wakes up, feel free to use your sleep moves again. Please note, that pokemon who have induced their own sleep, commonly through using Rest, then that does NOT count towards the clause.

- Evasion Clause: One of the most questioned clauses, but it's right up there with uber and sleep for importance. Basically, this clause means you cannot use evasion increasing moves like Double Team and Minimize. This clause has appeared due to the fact that any pokemon who can use TMs can learn double team, and there's no way to get rid of the evasion bonuses except through the move Haze, or if the opponent switches out. Further leading to the unfariness of double team is the fact that after 2 uses, only about 60% of your attacks can hit the foe at all... and to finish it off, double team can be baton passed to a stronger or faster or sturdier pokemon....

Just imagine this... you know those annoying blisseys/skarmorys/rhyperiors/other walls? Not only will it take multiple hits to take them down ((most of the time at least)) but now you can only hit them about 60% of the time.... Don't even get me started on how dangerous it is when you start giving that to sweepers... especially Garchomp, who can further increase his evasion through his sand veil ability.

- 1HKO move clause: Another biggie. Most people refuse to play if 1HKO moves ((sheer cold and the such)) are used because it's a 30% of auto killing. The only surefire counter to 1HKO moves is to have a focus sash, have an ability that prevents them, or to not get hit. While some may argue there's only a small chance of getting hit by them, this only makes it even more frustrating when a player that's better than another loses, or performes poorly, because he was hit by a sheer cold.

- Self KO Clause: This clause basically means that if your last pokemon self KOs or Destiny Bonds against your opponents last pokemon, your opponent wins, and not you. This is really more so to be fair.

- Luck "hax" items: Hax refers to when something unlucky occurs to you. Most of the time this is that 30% chance to freeze from ice beam, or something like that, and it's just the way the game goes. Although, when hold items, such as quick claw have that small chance of completely turning the game around... just out of sheer chance... it's frustrating and very simular to the 1HKO clause.

The banned Items:
quick claw
bright powder
focus band

- Species Clause: Clause that means you can't have more than 1 of the same pokemon on your team. This is mainly used just because it's kind of annoying to see 4 Garchomps or something ridiculous like that. This clause is oftentimes not used, but will normally be active during tournament play.

People in Tourny:
1. Solarboydjango2
2. Fullmetal-Shinobi
3. Kunx990
4. DarkslasherX
5. DelitaKingdrake
6. E-Hero Omega
7. triple h king of kings215
8. plkid
9. Orochimaru_snake_dude
10.boomy5

I will allow at least 2-3 weeks for you to assemble a proper team.

ROUND ONE:

1: DelitaKingDrake vs triple h king of kings215
2: Kunx990 vs E-Hero Omega
3: Fullmetal Shinobi vs plkid
4: DarkslasherX vs Orochimaru_snake_dude
5: Solarboydjango2 vs boomy5

Post all results in the Results Thread!!!!

ROUND 2:

1: SolarBoydjango2 vs Kunx990
2: DelitaKingDrake vs DarkslasherX
BYE: Fullmetal_Shinobi

ROUND 3:

DELITAKINGDRAKE VS FULLMETAL SHINOBI!!!!!
Bye: Kunx 990

ROUND 4: THE FINALS!!!!!!!!

KUNX 990 VS DELITAKINGDRAKE!!!!!!!

READY.... LET THE EPIC BATTLE BEGIN!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:12 pm
As Vice Captain of this guild. I will allow you to hold your tourney here. Though I would suggest next time moving it under the battle subforum. I won't move it due to the fact I would like to see your tourney succed and I believe that more people will view here instead of the subforum. Anyway I approve and goodluck to all those in the D/P Tourney.  

KiraThePilot
Vice Captain

Fullmetal-Shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:17 pm
I guess I'll join too. I haven't battled since my old tourney in September, so I'll need to finally finish my team.

I just remembered something: I'm head of the battle forum, or at least was whenever the guild was still in its heyday. I don't know if those forum assignments are still valid.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:31 pm
I'll join  

Kunx990

darkslasherX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:59 pm
I'm in. [sarcasm]
Hey, I know a lot of people here from somewhere... I can't put my finger on it... [/sarcasm]  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:29 pm
Woot! Kunx and Darkslasher! This should make for an interesting Tournament! biggrin  

Solar IXI

DelitaKingdrake

8,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:45 pm
I'll join this ^.^  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:24 pm
I'll join.  

Junk the Guild

darkslasherX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:24 pm
This is a Wi-fi tournament.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Ok thanks i might do it it depends on what i have to do that day.  

Hunter the anime king

Kunx990

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:56 am
triple h king of kings215
Ok thanks i might do it it depends on what i have to do that day.

You know it takes days for it?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:01 am
Oh ok then i most likely will be in it.  

Hunter the anime king

Solar IXI

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 pm
Lulz My bets are on Kunx or Darkslasher to win the tourny....  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:09 pm
With a massive pool of pokemon I can use is a problem.  

Kunx990

Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces