Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Body Mod and the Divine Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Body Mod for spiritual reasons?
Yes!
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Never!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Ouch?!
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Poll Ninja
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:39 pm
So- when it comes to body modification and spirituality, where do folks come down?

Have any nice pieces?

Any plans for nice pieces?

How will you go about it? Will there be a ritual during the process? After or before it?

What terms and conditions would you put on it?

Pain killers okay?

What kind of social implications do such things imply in a) the pagan community and b) Outside the community when non-pagans see such things?

(crossposted)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:36 am
*blinkblink* Do you mean tatoos, peircings and such?  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:25 am
Yes. Along with scarification, and other forms of body modification.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:46 am
I have lots of plans for pieces.
When I get married, I'm getting a wolf with a halo.
I'm getting an Udjat (Eye of Ra/Horus) on my right ankle.
I'm getting a Triquetra on my left shoulder blade.
I'm getting a set of wings on the back of my neck.
I'm getting a frog somewhere on my body for my grandfather who collected frogs.
I'm expanding the ankh that I have into an anklet by adding Aset-wings.
I was considering getting the cartouche for Bast somewhere on my body.  

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

EvilAngel401k

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:49 am
I know I want a tatoo I just dont know of whAT  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:24 am
Okay- so, the question comes up- how spiritual is it? How much ritual are you planning to use? etc.  

TeaDidikai

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:45 pm
Well, when I get married, the entire day is going to be spiritual. Starting with a ritual bathing experience, then sex-magic with my fiance, then a second cleansing, a giving of thanks with food, and then during the actual tattooing we're going to be sitting across from each other, holding hands and getting tattooed at the same time.

With all my other ones, I haven't decided. I energize all of my sygils/glyphs/etc with prayer before I put them onto my body, though. And during the process I am usually meditating.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:43 pm
Hmm. I wouldn't mind getting a tattoo for a really good reason, but I haven't found one good enough yet. My issue with tattoos is this: I'm very fickle. I'm afraid if I got a tattoo, I would get bored with it within months. So, it would have to be very, very meaningful for me, and I honestly can't think of any image meaningful enough.  

sinaya_skripka

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:46 pm
Body modification is important to me... I see my body as a canvas and a tool. To mark it with the strength of my faith, and honor that wich is important to me.

Pain is a sign of life, acceptance of it is strength and acceptance of the hardships in life. Having them reminds me that pain passes, and any hardship can be overcome, and at the same time, pain can be enjoyed and hardships in the same way should be welcomed and enjoyed. Because it adds to who you are.

Tattoos and scars are abit different. They are both a way of honoring those important to me, showing my faith and path, and a form of aid. Talismans and charms of sorts.
So far I only have three done.
Aegishjalmar:
User Image

And two customs that I did of full bodied tribal wolves. In honor of Hati and Skol. Soon I am getting a sun and moon placed in front of each, respectively.
User Image

I have many more piercings and tattoos to come. My sketchbook is filling to the brim...

My back will basically be a piece honoring Fenrir and Hela (with Iormorgund, Hati and Skol in it as well.)
Between Hati and Skol it will be Hela, arms spread with runes between her hands that say "Lupus Chaoticus". And upon her hands the binds for "Life" and "Death" respectively.
Under which it will have Fenrir breaking free and shaking away the chains, sword being shattered in his powerful jaws.
Beneath fenrir will read "The chains are off, take heed and fear the wolf." In runes.
Underlined by Nordic knotwork of Iormorgund.

I am getting the Runic helm on my other shoulder, and a tiny Valknot beneath my right eye. I also have wrist bands designed.
The left will read:
Death
Chaos
Destruction
The right will read:
Life
Peace
Creation
(its pretty obvious balance is important in my path.)
There are others... But it seems my post is getting rather long... sweatdrop
And yes, I have put years and years of thought into these. Most of my sketches have been worked on, slowly reaching their desired image, over the past few years.

RAGE  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:23 pm
Wow. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Most Asatru I know have a good understanding of this concept.  

TeaDidikai

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:37 pm
TeaDidikai

Heh... I'm not an Asatru, I'm an Erilaz... sweatdrop
Similar... Same deities, pretty parallel beliefs... different way of going about things, different way of practicing...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:57 pm
Shimegamis_Rage
TeaDidikai

Similar... Same deities, pretty parallel beliefs... different way of going about things, different way of practicing...

No offence taken I hope. Sorry for the assumption. Interesting... could you PM me with some more info?  

TeaDidikai

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:19 pm
TeaDidikai
Shimegamis_Rage
TeaDidikai

No offence taken I hope. Sorry for the assumption. Interesting... could you PM me with some more info?

None taken at all. Happens alot. Sure thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:25 am
Interesting! I would get a tatoo if I could figure out something meaningful enough to put on my body. I haven't found one yet, except for a rune I made...it's a combination of Wynn and Tyr the P and T of the Runic set. Well, the T looks more an arrow. Anyways, to me it symbolized the Joyful Warrior within. Nothing fancy, but meaningful.  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:37 am
EladrinStarmist
Interesting! I would get a tatoo if I could figure out something meaningful enough to put on my body. I haven't found one yet, except for a rune I made...it's a combination of Wynn and Tyr the P and T of the Runic set. Well, the T looks more an arrow. Anyways, to me it symbolized the Joyful Warrior within. Nothing fancy, but meaningful.

Not a bad idea. For things like that, I would suggest doing a lot of research into the historical meanings. DJ's book "Norse Magic" isn't what I would use to craft a bindrune if you know what I mean.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff