Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
I don't know whether i am seme or uke!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you confused to what you are?
  No
  yes
  I'm a seme
  I'm a uke
View Results

Fayt_Liongod=^^=

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:40 pm
Hi everyone! i have no idea what i am (seme or uke) because i have a broad personality. Can anyone help me?

I am very protective of my love, shy, can be a bit to rough in lecturing about what is wrong and right when my love does something wrong, I love long walks on the beach, in th woods, dates to the movies with my love wrapped around me, a night out for lunch or a cup of coffee with them, I can be perverted sometimes and it does show when i don't hold my tounge sweatdrop , I cry a lot when i am picked on or miss my love, I get depressed a lot, anything above normal talk like yelling scares me, I will fight for my love unless they are really capable of taking care of themselves but i will still protect them, i am very nice and can be outspoken, I want to be everyones friend and i love to talk to people when they will talk with me, I am smart but can be very dense sometimes.. hmm there may be more about me but it is hard to think at the moment. Oh and i like to take the lead soemtimes in makign out but i like to be the girl soemtimes too because doing all action gets boring.

So can you help me?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:51 pm
Could you if you don't mind explain the differences between a uke and a seme? I would really appreciate it if soemone could help me understand were i belong emo  

Fayt_Liongod=^^=

kageling

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:28 pm
I don't think you have to know whether you're a seme or an uke. It really shouldn't matter. Maybe you're one or the other, or maybe you're a switch or something.

Just find someone who's a good match for you rather than living up to society's expectations.

Anyway, as far as what uke and seme are...there are a range of stereotypes for each, but in a broad sense the seme is the dominant/top and the uke is the submissive/bottom. They mean "attacker" (seme) and "receiver" (uke).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:43 pm
k you for the advice. ^^ I won't life to societies expectations and i will try to find someone suitiable for me. I will go my own way. Thank you for your help. ^^ I didn't think it mattered that much anyway.  

Fayt_Liongod=^^=

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:05 pm
It's been said, but I really have to push the point -- DON'T worry about it. You're a human being, not a fictional archetype. You don't have to cater to the weirdass stereotypes of fangirls, just.. once you're in a relationship, roll with it. You shouldn't restrict your emotions and behaviors within a relationship because of how you "think" you should be acting based on gross generalizations.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:38 pm
what are gross generaliztaions?  

Fayt_Liongod=^^=

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:56 am
The seme/uke fangirl crap, like all gay boys are either one or the other, and once you do it one way you can't EVER SWITCH EVER.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:27 am
you could be a switcher someone who can go both ways during sex  

protecterofelements

Fayt_Liongod=^^=

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:01 pm
Actually I don't where i am in bed, top or bottom doesn't matter to me. I was just curious about myself. And what a seme and a uke stood for because i have never heard of them until a few weeks ago. I am still a virgin so i wouldn't know what i would like in bed but i do know that i would not care to be both seme and a uke. my partner would have to be willing to switch though. One can't stay in the same position all the time. i was never one to go along with society on hwo they think of things dispite how i sounded when i made this topic. I was just curious as to what i would classified as. I mean is it a bad thing to want to know what you would be, based on societal theories?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:41 pm
Hon, don't let those stereotypes confuse you.

Try both and see which you like better... or if you like both equally.  

Elaborate Testes

[Romiette]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:09 pm
Leave the seme/ukeness to fiction and just be yourself.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:37 pm
^-^ I will!  

Fayt_Liongod=^^=

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas