Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Crossdressers? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ace of Blue Spades

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:52 pm
Just a little question I've been wondering about. Do any of you think gay when you here a man or a boy crossdresses? And I don't mean a drag queen, either. I just mean guys who happen to like dressing like women.

After all, with so much yaoi presenting ukes as men in name only, a lot of those characters might as well be girls for all the purpose they serve in the story.

BTW, I don't equate crossdressing with being gay.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:21 pm
Well I've met boys who crossdressed a bit but were perfectly at ease with their male gender and straight sexuality. They just liked looking elegant and pretty (like gothic lolita and visual kei-ish, I guess).  

[Romiette]

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:48 pm
i like crossdressers they can be so cute sometimes and they can look better then girls  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:23 pm
I like the crossdressers, but I prefer them to be dressed up like men. X3  

aa_beatrix

palindrome88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:21 am
Realistically, crossdressing =/= gay, though it tends to be the opposite in fiction. It's understandable, though.

When it comes to cross dressing...I'm not a big fan. I'm more attracted to guys that look, act and dress like guys. However, cross dressing by guys in fiction that aren't gay can be very interesting (even more so when they're dressing as a girl for reasons other than sex or for teh lulz. whee )  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:39 pm
I only knew one cross dresser... and honey, she was the trampiest slut I've ever met. So my opinion has no real validity.  

Elaborate Testes

Ace of Blue Spades

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:04 pm
palindrome88
Realistically, crossdressing =/= gay, though it tends to be the opposite in fiction. It's understandable, though.

When it comes to cross dressing...I'm not a big fan. I'm more attracted to guys that look, act and dress like guys. However, cross dressing by guys in fiction that aren't gay can be very interesting (even more so when they're dressing as a girl for reasons other than sex or for teh lulz. whee )

Heh, I'm a writer and I've been tossing around this idea for a crossdressing guy who is assumed to be gay simply because he takes on stereotypically girlish behaviors, or is percieved to take on these behaviors by the other characters. However, his love interest is either a very tomboyish girl who has been present from the start, or this really elegant girl/woman that gets introduced halfway through. I can't decide. (However, this guy can kick a**; his father was afraid he'd get beaten up a lot, so he made him take karate lessons.)

I just think it's interesting play against common assumptions. It makes me think about it, and what motivates people and what makes them who they are.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:10 am
umm...

My friends and i dressed up one of our guy friends as a girl for halloween one year.
I did his make up and everything... XD (I want to become a make up artist...)

now hes gay. lol.
haha but it makes me happy that hes happy with his boyfriend now.
actually it makes me 'squee'. (hes the uke.xB)  

Duke of Drag

Beloved Conversationalist

EternalDreaming

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:46 pm
Well... if it helps, a friend's cousin dressed up as a girl last Halloween. He's 15 and straight(as far as we know XD )

I think any man can crossdress, but if they like it too much... There might be something more to it than just laughs, I think.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:10 am
one of my friends had a 'congrats on being single again' party so we had the guys dress up like girls ....... they made ugly girls  

protecterofelements

duskydawn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:00 am
I find dressing up the male members of a group as females can be a very nice bonding activity. It's really nothing but harmless fun to say things like "Hey, I wonder how Mitch would look in a dress?" and get him to wear one. Bit of freindly gender-bending, wot? Get a few photos to pull out at his wedding and twenty-first bithday and all that. Jolly good show.

However, some dresses should never be tried on by anyone, let alone someone with hairy legs. When my drama class was cleaning out the costumes closet last year, one of the boys (the class clown/drunk) found a horrible, skintight, leopard-print minidress and tried it on. He looked, well... special. *insert brain-scarring mental image* THE PAIN!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:54 am
Living in a country where seeing drag queens walk around the street is the norm, I have to say I don't even think about their sexual orientation. I just think, "Oh, that drag queen is prettier than that chick next to him/her." xd  

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

Total Darkness

Durem Noob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:57 pm
I graduated from a high school where most of the male population either cross-dressed or mock-humped other guys, so I don't know. XDD; The cross-dressers I know are either straight or bi, actually.

I don't really think "gay" when I see a cross-dresser, but I will say it's hard for me to really try to figure it out on my own. XD

So, I decided to stop questioning and not think about it....too much.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:51 am
Im not sure. Like plenty of my guy friends dress as girls for Halloween and that doesn't mean they're gay.

But when I was Eleven, My mom and I were walking around Central Park in NYC and "women" passed by w/ linked arms, and my mom said very blunt, "Honey, Those are men." So..I guess it depends on the Situtaion and what they look like. XD

iKaede Fuyou

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:02 am
i wonder what the best crossdresser would look like in anime/manga question  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items