Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Angstroms conversion Christmas(Pictures later)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angstrom Jairi Gudson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:19 pm

Delete this if this is illegal, but I need some more Ideas to help me out before I do anything stupid.
With christmas coming up soon, many new Ideas are springing into my head.
THese are two ones that I'm going to do, or at least attempt.
1- A big daddy from bioshock using a chaos terminator and some classic components. Or, If unavailable, then custom make a drill bit. Using a golf ball for a head, with some wires and other gribblies for the other... well, wires and little gribblies.
2- A squad of COGS for a friend, counts as stormtroopers and when I play necromunda they'll be my gangers. made from space marine scouts. Space marine scouts will be the base, maybe some catachan bits, green stuff, and gribblies.I'll have to clip bitz off as well...
We should see the results by sometime next year, at the latest. (2008!)
Other Ideas for my 'conversion christmas' are welcome!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:25 pm

I don't think that this is going against any rules, but then again, I am not a mod. Cool ideas though, I have none at the moment but will try to think of some.

Valandil517

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:33 pm

Eh, 's fine. 3nodding

Hm, a gold ball and a Chaos termy are about the same size, what size is this thing SUPPOSED to be?

And scouts for gangers... Those're some pretty heavily armored gangers! Dude! You might be better off converting from a box of Catachans. *re-reads* Well, more Catachan and less scout, if ya know what I mean.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:59 pm

Well, the big daddies are a bit larger than your average person, right? So the way I figure, a teminator doesnt look that much taller than a humanoid model, as far as I've seen. use the terminator as a base and a sliced up golf ball for the head, or something the size of a golf ball with green stuff added on either way. the drill, I think, Will be the Hardest. I have a link to the picture of what I'm going to use as the base model of how I will design it, if you like.

And as to the scouts, thats Why i say, conversion, conversion, conversion.
I plan to use catachan bitz, but I need them to look like COG guys too- so gangers can be given autoguns and shotguns, so thats what I'll arm them with. the chainsaw bayonets will just be added on eye candy, if I ever get into an actual necromunda game. One shotgun, A guy with a sword and a laspistol (COG with knife and BOLTOK magnum) and three guys with converted autoguns.

Angstrom Jairi Gudson

Angstrom Jairi Gudson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:11 pm

I've found a new model to use as a base for the big daddy!
Here he is-Ogryn renegade berserker withh drill arm
And here's a pic-
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:26 am

Looking good. One thing you might try for the Cogs, considering their unique appearance would be to get some Marine legs for the scouts, and clip those in, and then use two Marine shoulder pads, cut to be shorter than average. As for the chest, the Assault Marine sprue has that kind of bandoleir looking cross-strap to it, and you could GS a skullcog emblem on there. If you're going for one with a helmet, I suggest looking for an older box of KasrkinStorm troopers. They have the right goggle looking things.

Best of Luck

AmonSemperGT

Angstrom Jairi Gudson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:27 pm

Thanks!
But fir the most part, I was planning to use a mix of IG(Cadian and catachan) and space marine bitz. For bandoliers and the like, I figure green stuff will work wonders... if its not all used on the drill and BD head.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:48 pm

Heres a Xmas thing you can do. Santa Marine and his Tank Sleigh drawn by 7 tiny Hormagaunts.

Dragonzealot

Angstrom Jairi Gudson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:47 am

Well, good news and bad news.
Bad news- I wasnt able to get enough money to get the forge world drill bit thinger.
Good news- I made the COG soldiers, and they look decent. They dont much resemble ingame guys- Just the weapons. I also helped a friend convert a gazkhull mag uruk Thraka model into his own warboss, and I think I did a damn good job.
so so news- Pictures may be up later than sooner, due to lack of cameras at respective people's domiciles.
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games