Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
One Year Ago Today. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nothing Rhymes With...
  Circus.
  Orange.
View Results

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:58 pm
November 21, 2006 was the best day of my life. One year ago today at this very moment, I was standing outside of the Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit freezing my butt off waiting to see four of my favorite boys in the world, Panic! At The Disco. One year ago today, my stomach was twisting and turning. My palms were sweating. I was making new freinds, and I was talking to Zach. I was staring at the "MVP" belt. I was waiting for my dreams to come true. I was waiting to hear Ryan Ross strum his guitar. I was waiting to hear Spencer bang those drums like it's his last day to live, and I was waiting to see Jon's eyes light up when he stares out into an audience that he won't soon forget. I was waiting to hear the most angelic voice I have ever heard in my life, the voice of Mr. Urie. One year ago today, my very own father took this picture. This picture was taken within the first few seconds that I ever saw the four loves of my life.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Looking back on that moment...there's nothing in the world that I experienced that was quite like a Panic! At The Disco concert.

Have you seen Panic! live? When was it?
If you haven't, are you planning on it?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:16 pm
Thats an awesome best day XD I love how you'll get all excited and you get all these funny
feelings when you get to see your most favorite band play. XD I plan on going
to one I don't know which one...
Love the picture by the way XD
I wonder how I will feel when I go to my YWTT concert : D

Panda Cheval

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:18 pm
Panda.Gal
Thats and awesome best day XD I love how you'll get all excited and you get all these funny
feelings when you get to see your most favorite band play. XD I plan on going
to one I don't know which one...
Love the picture by the way XD
I wonder how I will feel when I go to my YWTT concert : D

You'll love it! I went to YWT. 3nodding It's really moving.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:01 am
User Image
User Image

Help Toastehh Get Her Coco?
Questing Since November06.
Help Me Get It Before Chrimboli?
102K/230K.

[[ ZOMG.

That Looks AMAZING!

I've Never Seen Them Live Before, And I Want Them To Be The First Band I See Live! O;

I Don't Know When There Coming Over To The UK Again crying
]]

User Image  

Teh Toasted E m o

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:23 am
Aww sounds awesome.
I have no idea what I was doing one year ago today xp domokun

I think people probably already know about the times I saw Panic!...
On August 19th, 2006 I saw them play at Pukkelpop and on August 21st I saw them at Decaydance Fest. They improved a lot in that year 3nodding I definitely want to see them when they're on tour for the new album, but I'm happy that I at least got to hear Nine In The Afternoon and Middle of Summer at Decaydance.

Since I already posted all the details of the Decaydance show, I won't talk about it too much here... but I don't think I ever really talked to much about Pukkelpop, so here's something I wrote about it in my LJ last year:

"The best performances were with a doubt Lostprophets and P!ATD. Panic! was funny because the whole time they played, hardly anyone was singing along because nobody knew any of the songs (that didn't stop me from belting out lyrics though...) but then they started playing I Write Sins, which just hit the top ten in Belgium last week, and all of a sudden the whole crowd starts screaming and applauding and everyone is singing along with the band and people started crowd surfing and stuff. So it went from a quiet crowd with everyone just listening to a real rock-concert crowd in a matter of seconds. Brendon actually like hesitated and gave Jon this 'wtf?-look' since he was so surprised. You had to be there. It was funny."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:16 pm
Teh Toasted E m o
User Image
User Image

Help Toastehh Get Her Coco?
Questing Since November06.
Help Me Get It Before Chrimboli?
102K/230K.

[[ ZOMG.

That Looks AMAZING!

I've Never Seen Them Live Before, And I Want Them To Be The First Band I See Live! O;

I Don't Know When There Coming Over To The UK Again crying
]]

User Image

They won't disappoint you, and they are definitely worth waiting for. heart

They'll probably be in the UK during late spring, because they'll probably tour America early spring after their album is released.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:22 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
Aww sounds awesome.
I have no idea what I was doing one year ago today xp domokun

I think people probably already know about the times I saw Panic!...
On August 19th, 2006 I saw them play at Pukkelpop and on August 21st I saw them at Decaydance Fest. They improved a lot in that year 3nodding I definitely want to see them when they're on tour for the new album, but I'm happy that I at least got to hear Nine In The Afternoon and Middle of Summer at Decaydance.

Since I already posted all the details of the Decaydance show, I won't talk about it too much here... but I don't think I ever really talked to much about Pukkelpop, so here's something I wrote about it in my LJ last year:

"The best performances were with a doubt Lostprophets and P!ATD. Panic! was funny because the whole time they played, hardly anyone was singing along because nobody knew any of the songs (that didn't stop me from belting out lyrics though...) but then they started playing I Write Sins, which just hit the top ten in Belgium last week, and all of a sudden the whole crowd starts screaming and applauding and everyone is singing along with the band and people started crowd surfing and stuff. So it went from a quiet crowd with everyone just listening to a real rock-concert crowd in a matter of seconds. Brendon actually like hesitated and gave Jon this 'wtf?-look' since he was so surprised. You had to be there. It was funny."

That's so funny! xd

I wouldn't say that the crowd was quiet when I saw them, but I can without a doubt say that the audience was the loudest during "Sins." People went nucking futs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:26 am
Yeah, that song is probably always gonna make the crowd go wild, no matter how old it gets.

I think here it was because like all of a sudden there was all this hype around Panic! At The Disco, and most people at Pukkelpop probably didn't know who they were when they bought their tickets... but then like all of a sudden IWSNT got so huge and they were like "hey, that band is gonna be at Pukkelpop surprised " and so a lot of people showed up, even though Panic! was playing on one of the smaller stages.. and even though they'd never heard any song besides Sins.

Polyphonic Twilight

bigsisate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:35 am
WAH UR SO LUCKY crying gonk crying gonk I WANNA GO 2 A PANIC AT THE DISCO CONCERT crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:38 am
Polyphonic Twilight
Yeah, that song is probably always gonna make the crowd go wild, no matter how old it gets.

I think here it was because like all of a sudden there was all this hype around Panic! At The Disco, and most people at Pukkelpop probably didn't know who they were when they bought their tickets... but then like all of a sudden IWSNT got so huge and they were like "hey, that band is gonna be at Pukkelpop surprised " and so a lot of people showed up, even though Panic! was playing on one of the smaller stages.. and even though they'd never heard any song besides Sins.

Yeah, I think a lot of people in America did that too. 3nodding

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:40 am
bigsisate
WAH UR SO LUCKY crying gonk crying gonk I WANNA GO 2 A PANIC AT THE DISCO CONCERT crying crying crying

Chillax, sweetheart. 3nodding heart You'll see them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:08 pm
CityScene
Polyphonic Twilight

Buuuut... if they go to a Panic! At The Disco concert, obviously Panic! is gonna be there xp sweatdrop My point is with Pukkelpop, it was a festival, so most people went to see different bands and then just kind of stopped by Panic!'s stage without even knowing who they were. And then they heard IWSNT and were like "hey I know this song!" oooor, they realized that Panic! is Panic! right before they went to the festival.. or something xp  

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:31 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
CityScene
Polyphonic Twilight

Buuuut... if they go to a Panic! At The Disco concert, obviously Panic! is gonna be there xp sweatdrop My point is with Pukkelpop, it was a festival, so most people went to see different bands and then just kind of stopped by Panic!'s stage without even knowing who they were. And then they heard IWSNT and were like "hey I know this song!" oooor, they realized that Panic! is Panic! right before they went to the festival.. or something xp

Yeah, I see what you mean.
But I was trying to say that I think a lot of people here go to their concerts just because they know "Sins."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:16 pm
Oh.
That's weird though. At least to me it is xp I don't think I'd ever go see a band based on just one song.. unless there were also other bands playing that I liked. But even then, I'd listen to the other songs to see if those were good too...

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:27 pm
Same here. But some people just want to be cool... rolleyes

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items