Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)
Maybe kinda personal... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:13 pm
I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's looking for in a life partner. No, I don't mean to turn this into a dating game, or a place where people can criticize each other's preferences, I'm just curious. You don't have to post your preferences to speak about anothers. I'll post mine later; It's kind of a long-winded speech. Not that I have high standards. Or maybe I do... I don't know...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:21 pm
Im thinking about moving this to the main discussion forum....
*ponders*

Well...I guess when I look for a life parter (If I go off in search of one) I would probably look for someone who I could easily talk to and no matter what I wouldnt feel un-comfortable around them. I would love to find someone who is intelligent because im sick of girls going "OMG ITS THAT HOT GUITAR KID!" its just really annoying...

In short before I continue on with this 2 paragraph speech. I wanna find someone that is Intelligent, Easy to talk to, Supportive, Kind ^_^

I guess I dont ask for much...OH!...and that they actually are in love with me and they dont pretend then rip out your heart *pounds ground with fist imagining its his ex girlfriend* she did that to me and I will never forgive her...  

Dameon the -V-

Demonic Repentance

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:09 pm
Whooooooa, spazz out! xd

Anyways, I'm probably going to look for someone smart, modest, religious but still logical, likes reading, likes the same music I do, and is nice. I'm probably going to have to move to find someone like this though. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:23 pm
Hmm, I am very unsure. This is what I wrote to a friend recently concerning this matter.
"I have a fantasy that (gods, that word gives off such a terrible impression) sometime I'll find a boy/man/guy who only wants to sit and talk and brush my hair. I don't think that is even possible, but it sounds nice to me."
I don't know, really. Intelligence is important, as is trust. I suppose physical attributes would be nice, also, but, of course, I'm no one to have high expectations. That would be rude and hypocritical.
b  

Bellabie

scintillio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:51 pm
Bellabie
Hmm, I am very unsure. This is what I wrote to a friend recently concerning this matter.
"I have a fantasy that (gods, that word gives off such a terrible impression) sometime I'll find a boy/man/guy who only wants to sit and talk and brush my hair. I don't think that is even possible, but it sounds nice to me."
I don't know, really. Intelligence is important, as is trust. I suppose physical attributes would be nice, also, but, of course, I'm no one to have high expectations. That would be rude and hypocritical.
b

lol it is possibe to find someone who wants to brush/comb your hair---i did sweatdrop

honestly, and i do mean honestly,

i was looking for someone who had never had a girlfriend, as i have (before i met my current bf) never had a boyfriend...heh heh..and someone who was a virgin, like me
someone who was smart, tall, sweet, caring and respectful---above all.

i dont think thats too bad, it couldnt have been cause i found it. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:59 pm
Bellabie, I'd brush your hair if I was any good at it.

Anyway, I'm looking for someone carefree, yet able to take responsibility when required. Someone fairly cultured, but with a sense of the low-brow. A person who is willing to try new things (in ALL senses) and able to maintain their own specific interests. Most importantly, a person who yells rarely. Yelling jars me more than anything else. Looks aren't as important, but they help. Small people are okay, but there is a certain limit to the amount of pudge I can bear to look at. Sorry if that sounds shallow...  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:46 pm
I would fear, not so much for my sake, but for the one I loved, if they were over-weight. Besides that, though, I don't care so much...

Mobius, you charm truly.

Dear Czarina, friend, I am very glad for you. I hope that you find happiness from here on.

I suppose I admire those who are intelligent, but I often find myself left behind. I admire those who look, as society deems, handsome, but I do not think it is fair for me to wish for that. I admire those who have a talent, but I find myself becoming jealous, sometimes.
b  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:54 pm
Excellent. You have Balance.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:14 pm
Unfortuanantly most of the girls (when I saw most of the girls I am talking about the girls in our guild that talk to people -including you bella-) are wonderful examples of what we would like to see in a girl but once again it is unfortuanantly online and longing for a real hug is the worst feeling ever

Most in our guild fill my category im looking for...
(I say most because we do have some ditz's)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:43 pm
Dammie-kins
-including you bella-

You're quite kind, sir, but misguided.

I have things that I want but do not wish for. I am too afraid of being selfish because I am selfish and wish people to think better of me. It is the worse of three.
I do not help myself.
I do not help others.
b  

Bellabie

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:03 am
What am I looking for in a life partner? My god, that would take ages to explain. I was planning on writing a post about this very thing in my online journal but never got around to it.

Basically, to summarize:

I'm looking for somebody who is...

1. Playful and fun-loving.
2. Kind and gentle; the perfect example of an angel. Somebody who listens and understands instead of ridicules. Somebody who is willing to give instead of get, love instead of hate, lend instead of borrow. Someone whom I can call at four in the morning and they won't be pissed about it.
3. Upbeat and optimistic, but not so much so as to be extremely annoying.
4. Intelligent (as in "I do partial derivatives in my spare time" intelligent). Someone who's interested in science and mathematics and not the latest fashion trends over at Hot Topic.

Basically someone who's the opposite of me.

Of course, love is a misguided, if not nonexistent, emotion, and I'd rather not trifle with it again.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:50 am
Is that a specific quote, friend? You always seem to use it.

I think that it is quite possible to find someone that will fill most, if not all, of those "requirements." Love is confusing. Dammie-kins told me that it is best not to try to define, and I think that's a fairly good way to do it.

Worry not, friend.
b  

Bellabie

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:56 am
Bellabie

I have things that I want but do not wish for. I am too afraid of being selfish because I am selfish and wish people to think better of me. It is the worse of three.
I do not help myself.
I do not help others.
b

You know what I don't like about you, Bellabie? It's that you always put yourself down when you don't need to. You have shown to all of us that none of that is the case. Why are you always feeling so sorry for yourself? You're not the kind of person you claim you are.

I put myself down because the negative things I say about myself are the cold, hard truths. Anyone who has actually hung around me in real life would agree.

There is no truth in the negativity you project on yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:30 am
I do know what you don't like about me, Mister Boxman, however it is a habit of mine, as I've told you, and I've been unable to discontinue it. I am sorry for troubling you.
b  

Bellabie

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:38 am
I'm actually engaged, so I suppose I will put what I found, rather than what I was looking for:

1) he cares for me, unconditionally, even when I'm an arrogant brat
2) he wipes my fevered brow when I'm sick and never worries about catching anything himself
3) he can out-ego me (which is a feat, let me tell you)
4) he's smart, a nerd and a geek
5) he includes me when he goes out, even though his friends are all older than I by ten years
6) he's mature and experienced at life
7) he's chivalrous and gentlemanly, AND thinks I should vote
cool he can beat me in games of tactics and strategy, and is the only person I ever knew that could
9) he takes my education more seriously than I do, and helps me when I need it
10) he will drop everything for me if I need him, and is willing to move to accommodate MY job if we have to, even though that means moving his whole business and losing his customer base and contracts
11) he expects no more of me than I can deliver, and expects the same of himself

and...and...and... he loves me... enough said. smile  
Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces