Better Or Worst?
  They'll get better.
  They're just gonna get worst.
  *kills Uwe Boll* Now they'll get better. ^_^
View Results

Kouenki
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:21 pm
After seeing the trailers for Beowolf I think more people will start using CG to make movies, some games probably won't look good any other way. I've heard rumors of a Devil May Cry movie and I just can't see it being done with live action. >_<

::List of Video Game Movies::

Super Mario Bros.: What the heck happened to Yoshi, Bowser, and the Goombas?! And is that really supposed to be Daisy? Luigi doesn't even have a moustache!

Resident Evil: These movies had potential, but decided to suck anyway. I haven't play all the RE games, but I'm pretty sure Alice wasn't in any of them. In the third movie Jill and the little girl (I forgot her name.) seem to have magically disappeared. There are more problems, but I don't feel like listing all of them.

Doom: The Rock goes crazy and kills everyone. Then Reaper fights The Rock in a wraslin match. Reaper wins by throwing The Rock into teleporter with grenade. Movie ends. No really, that's what happens.

BloodRyne: I never saw this movie, but it was only in the theater for like 3 days and that probably means it sucked.

Dead or Alive: I don't think this movie was even in theaters because I've only seen a commercial for the DVD. What I got from that commercial was: Girls with bad wigs fight ninjas with swords. 3nodding

Final Fantasy: Advent Children: This movie was pretty good, but it focused on Cloud waaay too much. I would have loved to see more of the other characters...except Areis or however you spell her name. stare

Silent Hill: This movie was actually good because the guy that made it PLAYED THE FREAKING GAME! Holy crap, it's a miracle! He changed the main character to a girl and the movie didn't follow the game to a T, but over all it was a really good movie. I couldn't even tell if the monsters were CG or not!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:54 am
hmmm, not sure, i hope they'll get better! but you know what i would like to see more of? vidio game animes! i think that some of them would have some great potential! i heard rumers about a Zelda movie and a Metroid one and i think they could be great, oh, i also want them to translate the animal crossing movie into english!!!
mATTZ razz  

mattzere

_0_Short-fuse-burning_0_

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:04 pm
Beowulf was really good...although it was very 'shrekish' at the beginning....I heard the rumors of a Zelda movie being made also...although I think it's gonna be an indie movie and not gonna be in theatres......idk.....whichever the case may be I hope it's good. *crosses fingers*  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:36 pm
Bleh. I don't think video games make good movies. In fact, I haven't seen one that I think is actually decent.

In the same manner, movies usually make horrible video games as well.  

melonkuma

melonkuma

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:38 pm
mattzere
oh, i also want them to translate the animal crossing movie into english!!!
mATTZ razz

WHaaaaa???? Animal Crossing MOVIE? I'm assuming it's Japanese. I must find this! domokun  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:44 pm
cocomina~
mattzere
oh, i also want them to translate the animal crossing movie into english!!!
mATTZ razz

WHaaaaa???? Animal Crossing MOVIE? I'm assuming it's Japanese. I must find this! domokun

It's true! I saw a screenshot of it that had K.K. Slider playing his guitar. It's animated so it's probably awesome. X3  

Kouenki
Vice Captain

Primrose Moon
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:20 am
Heh... I don't think it's a matter of getting worse - I think video game movies is just a bad thing entirely like Cocomina said. I mean... I can't think of a good video game movie off the top of my head. If there was to be a good one though, it'd probably be an animated movie.

The Resident Evils are BAD. Why oh why couldn't they just make one to Resident Evil II, the best one in my opinion.

And that's something that confuses me, too. Why don't movies ever follow the plot? They'd probably be a lot better off if they kept the same plot and characters. It just ... makes... sense!

About Dead or Alive, Kou... you forgot the snappy lines. The commercial had snappy lines too. I saw one online. UGH! Not that I like Dead or Alive paticularly much, anyway, but seriously...

I didn't see Silent Hill...
I played the beginning of the game, but, nothing more.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:29 am
Silent Hill was okay...not as great as a lot of people made it out to be...but it was okay....I've only played a little bit of the first game though.  

_0_Short-fuse-burning_0_

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:57 pm
Hideo Kojima should make movies.

I've never played Metal Gear games, but I know most of the story and have followed the whole second game though videos on Youtube.

My conclusion, this would make for great movies, providing that Kojima-san himself directs it. I don't think I'd like playing the games anyway, because I hate sneaking and I think there'd be too many cutscenes for me to like it as a game. But, it's also not a movie because there's gameplay.

Rah, it should just be a movie.

A Zelda movie? Hell naw. They'd have to do a mighty good job at making that plot -not- seem ridiculous and still make a self-respecting, serious movie.

I liked Advent Children a great deal, but mostly because it continued the FF7 plot and the fights are great. Also, I'm interested in the concept of making all-CG movies so that also drew my interest. I can understand that they focussed it on Cloud. If you only have 2 hours or so, you can't focus on so many people at the same time. Gotta make choices.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:38 pm
well....I just found out that the Zelda movie I was talking about was indeed an indie film....so there isn't an official Zelda movie...and I agree they'd have to make it really good and work really hard on the plot to make it NOT super horrible...

I also liked Advent Children...especially for someone who doesn't play Final Fantasy....I might start playing the games....IDK yet. *shrugs*  

_0_Short-fuse-burning_0_

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Kouenki
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:49 pm
Video games could make good movies if the the plots stayed accurate to the games and they were CG.

Silent Hill wasn't a great movie, but it was a good one. I think it would have been better as a miniseries or something.

I read in one of my magazines that Metal Gear is going to be a movie. I think the Halo movie is supposed to come out next year. >_> let's all hope for the best.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:40 am
I agree with that all the way. That's why I didn't like some of the book movies around either, but, apart from a couple, book movies are much better than videogame movies because they actually follow the plot for the most part... ... well... for the most part!

I must say though, I view every video game movie with skepticism.

Sometimes though, video games get made into anime, too. That seems to turn out better, but, for some of my more ... disliked games. *twitchtwitch* Which I shall not mention lest someone get offended.  

Primrose Moon
Captain

Snow the Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:29 am
It's taken a fatal bullet and is dying out to CG but I'd really prefer to see more drawn movies. Back in the days, Disney used to draw movies ... But now they're all CG. cry

Although I agree that most Videogames would be better as CG. It must be pretty hard to find an actor who would look accurate, so yeah ... CG better for Video games.

Silent Hill was a pretty popular movie wasn't it? I'm glad ... Maybe more Video game movies will demand more respect now. I personally hope there is never a Zelda Movie. I know there are several fan movies and stuff ... But no ...no that's a story that would have a bad ending in my opinion...

A Metal Gear movie sounds like a good idea. I but it would work out pretty well. ^_^ I feel sorry for Hideo Kojima because he wants to put the Metal Gear games to rest, but can't.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:04 am
"Silent Hill: This movie was actually good because the guy that made it PLAYED THE FREAKING GAME! Holy crap, it's a miracle! He changed the main character to a girl and the movie didn't follow the game to a T, but over all it was a really good movie. I couldn't even tell if the monsters were CG or not! "

Actually, except for the little bugs, none of them were CG. They were real people in those clothes.

Silent Hill has got to be the one and only good Video game movie. I have not seen anything better than tat. Advent Children just sucked IMO. A LoZ movie would suck. There's no way to fit a 20-50 hour game in 2 hours.  

The Traveling Pikmin

Avalonsody

Beloved Friend

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:55 pm
*Loved Advent Children* I need to go see Beowulf, A Zelda movie would be pretty cool!  
Chatterbox [Chat away, folks!]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff