Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Raptures’ sketch book Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

enticing rapture

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:43 pm

Hello and welcome to my sketchbook!
I know right now it’s not to exciting but cut me some slack I just got here.
Anyway, because I like being organized I’m going to do this in a few posts rather than just one so that I can better keep a handle on things.
Later, because I also like to decorate things, I will likely make spiffy banners and art.

Intro
About Me
Studies
Current WIP
Past Works
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:44 pm

About Me!

Hi, I’m Rapture.
I'm a recent high school graduate and an aspiring artist who was just recently accepted into college. While I wont be the fancy art school I had hoped for the school I will be attending has a great art department in witch I hope to be spending most of my time. Though I have yet to actually start or pick a masters you can pretty much count on me cramming as many studio art classes as I can get into one semester.
Recently, thanks to my new found appreciation for anatomy, I have been moving away from anime. Sadly, however, I am currently cough in an anthro/furry phase witch I don’t plane on leavening any time soon, even though I am open to breaking out of it and branching into other styles like realism and vector.
Like most I have a DA and ,a slightly less popular, SA I also, just recently signed up for a furry art site - FA
When it comes to my art I have pretty thick skin so, if your are going to post don’t worry about hurting my feelings, I would rather have the truth than some sugar coated BS about how “great” my art is.

enticing rapture

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

enticing rapture

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:45 pm

Studies

So, after mud deliberation, I decided to add a place where I can post any and all studies that I do.

Male Anatomy - Torso
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:46 pm

Current WIP

Here, if you haven’t guess by now, is where I will posted my current WIP’s for people to view and comment on.

enticing rapture

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

enticing rapture

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:47 pm

Past Works

Like the above post I think this is pretty straight forward but incase it’s not I’ll go ahead and explain.
Here is where I will post past works that I have completed, again fell free to comment and include the name of the picture so that I know witch one you are talking about.

Gabby
Bat Girl
Bat Boy
Wolf Commission
Mir Commission
Dino
Dane
Panda
Contest Win!
Not Fluffy...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:08 pm

Could you give a little more information in your WIP? Like what you're trying to do or what you're going for.

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Esper The Phantom Beast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:42 pm

LOL its Waka from Okami! nice I think you actually have put it together very well but the bit where the selves turn into those intersecting lines is kinda distracting and confusing and I think it takes away from the picture, are those just guide lines or is it part of the picture? razz I need a little bit more info befor eI can really give advice and critique it too much.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:17 pm

Exsahn
LOL its Waka from Okami! nice I think you actually have put it together very well but the bit where the selves turn into those intersecting lines is kinda distracting and confusing and I think it takes away from the picture, are those just guide lines or is it part of the picture? razz I need a little bit more info befor eI can really give advice and critique it too much.

Oops, sorry about that.
When I posted I wasn’t exactly thinking but now that I have up dated I think what I was going for with the lines will be more clear.
Sorry about the initial lack of information.

enticing rapture

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Yuri Mono

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:07 am

...Sadly, I am not familiar with this Waka from Okami.

But I really like the profile, and the way that you drew the clothes, and gave them thickness and depth.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:27 pm

Yuri Mono
...Sadly, I am not familiar with this Waka from Okami.

But I really like the profile, and the way that you drew the clothes, and gave them thickness and depth.

Thanks Yuri Mono for the comment.
I was actually worried about the way the clothing came out.
Clothing is actually something I'm not to great at normally they come out stiff and awaked looking.

enticing rapture

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

enticing rapture

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:49 pm

Updated!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:30 am

Yay!
For Christmas this year I received my first ever tablet.
My mom went all over the place looking for one before finally finding a Wacom Bamboo Fun (Black).
Now, instead of having to erase, fix, and rescan I will now have the ability to fix my drawings wile on the computer.
Seriously though, I'm in love with this thing, it's amazing!

enticing rapture

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

enticing rapture

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Holly crap!
I nearly forgot about this place!
I have been so busy recently that I really haven’t had the time to draw or even use my new tablet!
-tears-
Thankfully things have settled down so I should be able to keep up with this a bit more often, I hope at least.
In other news, apart from my art shop (link in my signature) I am also participating in a pet shop.
When I get a chance I’ll edit my reserved post and place links to both, they are definitely worth checking out.
Yes, yes I am pushing my own products, got a problem with that? lol
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:52 am

I checked out your examples in your store. That's a unique line quality you have chosen. Hope to see some more of your work

Chaotic Mana

Conservative Dabbler

enticing rapture

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Chaotic Mana
I checked out your examples in your store. That's a unique line quality you have chosen. Hope to see some more of your work

Yeah, I haven’t seen many other shops or artists use that line quality and even though it can be a bit disconnected I find the quality quite charming. I don’t do all my line art like that though, when I sit down and draw a picture for myself I try to use long flowing lines so as not to break the continuity of the piece. Sadly, however, with all my commissions and now with my work in the breedable pet shop, I have found very little time to sit down and draw something for myself. I really need to make time to do that. Thank you for the comment.
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff