Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:08 pm
MOD EDIT: THIS THREAD IS FOR ALL GAME DISCUSSION, REGARDLESS OF PLATFORM, NATIONALITY ETC.

Anyone own it or play it yet? I have not been hotly anticipating it but my interest has peeked within the last few days due to all the new advertisements and videos. I've heard mixed reviews, but I know that a lot of you were looking to get this once it came out.
Your opinions please?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:36 pm
Please quit making a new thread for each 360 game! I know that this is the chatterbox, but enough is enough already!

AC is a buy for me and my brother, the trailers have made us salivate enough over it by now to desperately want it. But seeing as both Kane & Lynch and Mass Effect are on the horizon, it'll be tough competition.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:41 pm
I'm sorry, and I was wondering when a Universal thread would come into existence. Anyways I'm debating on whether or not to seriously consider getting it. Mass Effect will keep me preoccupied for a really long time, and I already have GH III and Halo 3 to contend with.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:59 pm
My brother got it yesterday and from the looks of it, the graceful combat alone makes it worthwhile. I'm giving it a whirl myself this weekend most likely.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:14 pm
Please let me know how it is.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:01 pm
AC is a mixed bag. Some people will like it, most will probably hate it. I personally like it thus far, it stays true to what the trailers have been showcasing for us. The combat is a bit tough as of now, but as you complete hits and regain your status in the brotherhood you learn new moves or get new equipment. However, the game is stunning and the animation is superb. Controlling Altair is a breeze and the acrobatics aren't as hard as they look. Only real moot points are the tough combat and repetitive missions that you need to do in order to get info on the hit.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:37 pm
I just read a review of Mass Effect in my Official Xbox Magazine and they gave it a perfect 10. They say the story line is the best in gaming, and the choices you have to make will require quite some thought before choosing. They say the only drawback witnessed is the looting of items from enemies. Sometimes you reach your item limit of 150 and have to "break down" any items that are remaining into 'omni-gel' before exiting the loot menu. That seems pretty irksome to me. They said it was the best game for the 360 yet.
Much to my dismay, I did not see a review of AC in this issue.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:21 pm
Well, Seth Green (Robot Chicken) is doing the pilot's voice in Mass Effect, so it's worth the buy for me.

And the combat system of AC needs some getting used to, as at one point you get locked up in a large hall with five enemies attacking you at once. It took me some time, but I'm past that now and can now thankfully break grabbing moves.

Also, Scene It! will be out here soon, the party game ideal for anti-social movie buffs such as myself.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:00 am
I downloaded and played the demo for Call of Duty 4 last night.

It was amazing.

I'm going to buy it now.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:57 am
Crysis, anyone?

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:43 pm
I have an old computer, so it wont run. mad  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:59 pm
Lt. Brookman

Yeah, my PC isn't running Skynet either. : (

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:01 pm
A.R.G.U.S Mykal
Lt. Brookman

Yeah, my PC isn't running Skynet either. : (

-Mykal
Well s**t, this is from the read me of Crysis on the system specs:

Quote:
Warning, in order to run Crysis your computer is required to analyze DNA and nuke small third-world countries off the globe.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:08 pm
That beautiful game does look like it would need a supercomputer to run.

Xenos did you download the demo to a 360 or your computer?

IGN gave ME a 9.4 and they are a tough crowd to please, so it has proven to be a sweet game so far. One thing I don't like about IGN is that the whole review is mostly pointing out the faults in each game.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:12 pm
Well, you can't spell "ignorance" without IGN sadly..  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff