Reply The L Guild Forum
What if... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:05 pm
As I looked at my L plushie sitting idly on top of my drawer I pondered to myself for a moment. Suddenly BAM a question came to my head.

What if Death Note never became popular? And because it wasn't so popular, a lot of the Death Note merchandise and what-not never made it big or even came into production. And because of it's unpopularity no US company decided to bring it over. No anime was adapted. No movies. Just another half-baked manga on the shelf. What if?

What would take place of that void? What would I be obsessing, fangirling, heck maybe even idolizing over? What would be my favorite series? Who would be my most favorite character right now?

Share your wisdom ya'll! ;D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:16 pm
Then I never would have made some great friends in The Lawliet Zone, heck, I never would have made this account, probably.

.... I think I would have eventually found Gurren Lagann, and of course, Kino's Journey to fangasm over. I don't think I would have watched Hellsing, though, because it was suggested to me. But it is weird thinking about not talking to these friends that I met through Death Note... Sad too. D:

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

Konfekt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:25 pm
I dont know where to get any merch anyways D< I really want an L plush. If it wasnt popular I would have seen it sooner >3<  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:30 pm
It is sad to think about. Though if I really think about I'd probably be fangirling over D.Gray Man and FMA. But it's almost eerie to think about.

My patootie if I don't get my DN fix.

@ Kabayal: Eh.... what? ._.

Tea with Bubbly

`McLaren

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:47 pm
If DN never became popular...
Then I'd still be a FullMetal Alchemist/Black Cat uberfan.
I also wouldn't have half of the anime stuff I have now, and I wouldn't've spent about $300 on DN merchandise.
My bed would not be overrun with L-doll and Light-doll. :[.
I wouldn't know a lot of my friends either, since we met through Death Note related events.
Sadsad. ; 3;

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Mmm, I actually would think I'd still be fangirling over FMA too. Well, more than I have recently, since I just re-read volumes 1 to 14 backwards....  

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

Kayani_neko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:11 pm
I was actually scared off by Death Note at first by the creepy monster(Ryukk) on the covers. .___.;
Then at a con, I saw a lot of L cosplayers and it intriuged me. (Cause I thought it was cute that such a creepy looking guy would have a sweet tooth and seem shy(yes, I'm weird like that))
About three weeks after the con I went online and read the manga. I FELL IN LOVE. (and regreted not hugging an L cosplayer) DD:

And now I can honestly say I've never fangirled over a character/series as much as I have L/Death Note. <3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:22 pm
I rejected Death Note a couple times because my friend kept trying to make me read it... I'm a little obstinate that way.
But I started to drool over it after I found this video on somebody's profile: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FKkS6LCslnA
L is sooo fascinating~
But anyways...if I wasn't fangirling over L, I'd probably still be fangirling over Fullmetal Alchemist. (Though Ed will always have a special place in my heart...)

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Piffle Inna Box

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:05 pm
I f Death Note Hadn't become popular? Well, firstly I wouldn't have downloaded the first few episodes to see what the fuss is all about and I definitely wouldn't have found the fist volume of Death Note when randomly browsing Waterstones a few days later and now I'm babbling incoherently so I'll shut up about that.

Well, first things first I wouldn't be in this guild. Mainly because it, probably wouldn't even exist.

And I wouldn't have even considered spending money on DN stuff.

What would I be fangirling over instead? Not sure. Probably FMA.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:38 am
The majority of us (including myself) have said we'd be fangirling over FMA (and some other series as well) I think that's strangely awesome. xD

:3

Tea with Bubbly

tieru

Blessed Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
If Death Note wasn't popular I probably wouldn't check it out. Too dark.
I'd just keep being Di Gi Charat crazy. DD:
Those series amuse me. D:

[and I wouldn't fangirl over FMA, I read a few chapters of it, bored me to death. . -.);;]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:31 pm
tieru
If Death Note wasn't popular I probably wouldn't check it out. Too dark.
I'd just keep being Di Gi Charat crazy. DD:
Those series amuse me. D:

[and I wouldn't fangirl over FMA, I read a few chapters of it, bored me to death. . -.);;]

xD Well every one likes what they like, I just thought it was interesting that it kept popping up. :3
I've only seen pictures og Di Gi Charat, though I have read some of the other works from the same creator. Uberly cute! x3

Tea with Bubbly

Xx_Yuuki_xX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:20 am
that's a good question, but it makes me depressed! because i love death note so much T-T  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:38 am
Tea with Bubbly
xD Well every one likes what they like, I just thought it was interesting that it kept popping up. :3
I've only seen pictures og Di Gi Charat, though I have read some of the other works from the same creator. Uberly cute! x3

;D Of course.
The artwork of Di Gi Charat is cute yes !
But the series are rather bizarre . .
Parodies a lot of things.

It would be suprising if Death Note wasn't popular.
It's too good. |:

tieru

Blessed Fairy

xX_Elysium_Xx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:09 pm
I'm interested in things that are not well known.
so I'll probably pick up Death Note still.
*besides they sell some half-assed mangas and they suck but they still came here anyways*

I'd be sad and a loner if I'm one of the very FEW people to like Death Note IF
it were not to be popular. I would only have the mangas and nothing else of it.
but I would think about spreading the love, y'know?
eventually it'll get popular with the fans but to be REALLY big...
well... we just have to hope for that if this were to happen.

but also one more thing.
if Death Note was not to be popular.
then I'd probably stop watching anime...
`cause all of them seem kinda boring and only some are interesting...
but none of them to hold on to like...an evil obsession... xDD
so I'd probably have no obsession and nothing to fangirl about...
`cause I wasn't like that till I found this series. O:

The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces