Reply The L Guild Forum
Roy Mustang? Mother, please. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stephkotsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:59 pm
Well, it happened yet AGAIN. My mother pointed at Roy Mustang and called him L. >.<;

She's constantly doing junk like that... and now it's about the twentieth time I had to tell her that Roy Mustang is not L! gonk Nor are they from the same series...

Apparently the only character that I like that she knows is James. From Pokemon. D: So I tend to get just a bit tired of constantly saying "No, that's Itachi, not L" or "That's not L, that's D..."

And she claims that they all look alike because they're all drawings. >.> *sighs* Though I think alot of people look alike when they're not drawings. Meh. I think I'm in a bad mood now.

But I mean, really... I think she mistook Naraku for L once. And they're just... Not alike in the least... At all... gonk

It's bad anough that I have to deal with Dad's stupid noises, I really don't want my mother confusing people and making fun of the music I listen to (aka whatever isn't what she listens to). And then I have to deal with the rest of my family who look down on me because I like anime... So of course it's nice to have friends over and such.

So then, does anyone else have these sorts of problems which makes something like Full Metal Alchemist = Death Note? If so by whom, and yadda yadda.

Current Stress Level = 9  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:07 pm
Awww, I'm sorry to hear about that.

But that's one of the reason's I don't really show my parents any of the animes I've watched. It's kind of funny though, because I'll tell them about the story line and they love it but I'm not willing to show them the animation. xD

They do tend to enjoy the Miyazaki's Films though. xD

Most of my friends parents don't really make a big deal about it, it's usually just the siblings. The same goes for me. My older sibling never really comments on them but he every once in a while he'll say "What's with those cartoons you watch?" Dx

They've never maken as bad of a mistake where they mix up Roy Mustang and L though. O.o

It's almost surreal that your mother mistakens so many characters for L. Ecspecially since there's not a lot of characters that look like L... minus the hair. xD

Maybe you should make a study book for your mom on the difference between on those characters looks and designs. xD

Tea with Bubbly

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:22 pm
My mom has trouble determining the gender of a lot of anime chracters, including L.
I don't understand it at all. O_o

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:25 pm
Well, other than me being really stressed out right now (I happened to have gotten into a fight with a friend's friend last night) so I'm probably not the best person to be nagging at right now. Yeah, she's been nagging at me all day and for those that know, after this school year my life is going to be turned upside down. So that's just adding to the stress and blah. Life stinks.

I've actually gotten used to noticing the things she likes, but she just gets upset whenever I say "That's not so-and-so..." and then I get nagged at because "They're drawings and they all look alike". D:

I'm normally the happiest whenever I'm far FAR away from both my parents... and other family members. I enjoy staying over at friends houses because I just feel alot more free.

As for trying to explain the drawing styles and everything, tried it. Didn't work. I just got a sort of 'whatever, they still all look alike' kinda thing from her.

-------

My mother calls things by opposite genders and I tend to have to say "No, girl..." and I get another 'whatever' from her.

We are close, like siblings, but at times I just don't want her near me. Though less to say I'd rather have her around than my father who would burn all my manga and whatnot. O___O; Scary, scary man.

But yeah, people mistaking characters like that really doesn't make much sence anyway, huh? O.o;  

Stephkotsu

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:35 pm
Dx
I hope things turn out better for you. D:

... That doesn't make too much sense. "They're drawings and they all look a like." ?

It could just be an excuse to get out of some embarressment. xP

I LOVE nerding out. I never display it a WHOLE lot unless it's around really close friends. xD It slips every now and then around my parents but so far they don't seem to mind. They don't bother me and I don't bother them, we try to keep that as constant as possible. :3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:46 pm
No, she tends to sound kinda angry when she says it. O.O; But that is what she says "They're drawings and they all look alike."

Though she more or less pointed at my Roy Mustang plushie (aka Flamey, one day older than Lawly) and said "Take a picture of L holding a spork!" and I just kinda said "Did you just point at Roy Mustang? O.O" Which was followed by her "No. What's a Roy Mustang?" And I pointed at the same plushie "That's Roy Mustang..." Then she said "Then where's L?!" And I looked behind myself "On my bed..." Then she said "Then what show is he from (she already forgot Roy's name)?" I blinked and said "Full Metal Alchemist..." And she huffed leaving the room "They're drawings and they all look alike."

For those that happen to know me, I'm not very enthusiastic unless it comes to anime, video games, and hauntings.

*gives Lawly a hug* ^^ Lawly always makes me feel better.  

Stephkotsu

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:46 pm
At least your mother and brother aren't calling L a crack head and then giggling about it while telling your father. Mostly, though, my parents won't care what I watch or who's in it.

Quite frankly, just either stop telling your mom who characters are, even if they're wrong. It's not the end of the world if you mom thinks Roy is L.

And really this does sound more like a journal entry, not an entry in a fanguild...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:56 pm
My father would care to the point of destroying my stuff. O_O; I actually can't watch anime or read manga when he's around. Most of the time I'm just stuck in my room.

Mother and I are always correcting eachother, so it's more of a habbit. But I'd at least like her to understand that I try to know who people are that she's interested in, even though they are of no interest in me...

... >_>; ... I didn't even think of putting it in my journal, though no one really looks at it anyway. I think. *doesn't really know* ... *drops head* I just wanted to have something to talk about with peoples, I guess... D:  

Stephkotsu

Piffle Inna Box

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:14 pm
My mum's fairly good at recognizing L, don't think she knows his name but she's aware of what he looks like. But that's about it really. Don't really talk to my parents about my Anime/Manga interests and the only reason mum knows about L is because she ordered an L figure off the internet for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:52 pm
My parents don't give a flying fish ball about anime or manga. Except for when my Mom treys to fake an interest in my life. She once confused my Garra plushie for L. eek Other than that the only time they bother me about it is when they are in an altered state of sobriety and then it is always the same. Either devil books are a waste of money or they will rot my mind with all that "godforsaken foreign non-christian devil speek." rofl  

acrimonious rapture

IttyBittyKitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:38 pm
The only problems I have with people not understanding:

My brother. Mostly. He hates anime for some reason and doesn't get why I like it. He says he doesn't like the art style and something about abstract something something...
even though he does abstract work all the time

Kids at my old school. Barely. They poked fun at full cosplay, which can be understood. But it was a simple two-shade pink dress with tights underneath, so it wasn't super out of the ordinary like a digi-charat or //.hack// cosplay. Hating anime is becoming a fad amongst the preps and loving it is becoming a fad amongst the attention whore goths/emos.

(I have nothing against people with problems who happen to like black, but I have something against people who wear black and cut for attention. It's idiotic)

(but anime fads are a little annoying. I'm hoping there won't be too many Deathtards in this coming year)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:09 pm
I hate it when family stereotypes anime.
I don't show it to them a lot because they are an extreme-Christian bunch, so any blood or cursing in an anime is sinful to them.
I will sometimes show my youngest sisters an anime like that, because they have the highest level of understanding/willing to learn about anime. I might not show something to them if I think they are too young to see it or they wouldn't be interested, but I might show them a couple of things like Paniponi Dash and quiet episodes of Peacemaker. But they do think Death Note is cool.
My second youngest sister bunks it all together with anything that I like, IE nerd stuff to her. She also likes to use whatever she can to her advantage, and so blackmail me for watching something mother won't like.
My stepdad hates Japanese things(because of a war his father was in), but seemed interested in the plotline of Death Note when I explained it to him once when he said he would like to mass kill criminals.
My mom is the uber-Christian one, so I don't show her a whole lot. Sometimes she accidentallly thinks something is from a different anime, and also mistakenly thinks that DNAngel is a show about angels and has no unholy cursing/pervertedness. I had to explain the good things about Death Note once when the evil sister told her about a Death Note I bought at a con with rules about killing in it, because she thought I was going to make a hitlist or something.
But all(except evil sister) think that my cosplays are very cool and especially liked my L costume. Generally they keep away from anime, and that is all well and good to me. I just don't like how I can't watch anime network and anime on adult swim when they are around because of the blood/cursing.

Wow. That was long and drawn out, I'm sorry. What I'm trying to get at here is this: I feel your pain.  

SCP-511

TaiyoukaiLord

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:08 pm
:3 Oh. My mom just deems me immature for liking anime. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:03 pm
xd Yeah some funny situations like that happened to me before. My Dad thought Near and Mello were girls confused and my mom actually got L's nae mixed up with Misa's (I kid you not!) oh and we laughed! yeah so funny mrgreen and also my friend got Mikami and L mixed up. (lotta confusion in this neighborhood)  

Ninja Sabaku_no_Bara

faerygirl-14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:00 pm
Stephkotsu
Well, it happened yet AGAIN. My mother pointed at Roy Mustang and called him L. >.<;

She's constantly doing junk like that... and now it's about the twentieth time I had to tell her that Roy Mustang is not L! gonk Nor are they from the same series...

Apparently the only character that I like that she knows is James. From Pokemon. D: So I tend to get just a bit tired of constantly saying "No, that's Itachi, not L" or "That's not L, that's D..."

And she claims that they all look alike because they're all drawings. >.> *sighs* Though I think alot of people look alike when they're not drawings. Meh. I think I'm in a bad mood now.

But I mean, really... I think she mistook Naraku for L once. And they're just... Not alike in the least... At all... gonk

It's bad anough that I have to deal with Dad's stupid noises, I really don't want my mother confusing people and making fun of the music I listen to (aka whatever isn't what she listens to). And then I have to deal with the rest of my family who look down on me because I like anime... So of course it's nice to have friends over and such.

So then, does anyone else have these sorts of problems which makes something like Full Metal Alchemist = Death Note? If so by whom, and yadda yadda.

Current Stress Level = 9

Wait a minute. You just said she mistook NARAKU for L?!?! How do you mistake a freak with a baboon suit for some awesome person like L?!?! And, anyways, without his suit, Naraku just looks like some creepy dude with an evil smile.

I can understand the Roy Mustang thing... if you just took a shot of the back of his head... and Itachi DOES have weird old-man looking-ish lines under his eyes... o.o  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff