Reply Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics
My artworks EDITED AND MOSTLY UPDATED Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

themagikat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:34 pm
EDIT: some links still dont work. I will upload and relink them a bit later. most i have fixed though.

First off, they are all weird because I'm a surrealist for the most part. (creeps some people out for some reason so i like to warn ppl)

I am open to all criticism, compliments, flames, anything. if you diss it though i would like an explaination.

Also, the camera i was using isnt the best for this kinda stuff so the pics look a bit less detailed or fuzzier than normal, but they are still decent enough. Oh and if you have any questions about the art I will be happy to answer them. Most of these are in my sketchbook still. I will hopefully putting onto oils and canvas during the school year.

Enjoy.

Forces of Nature
Caught Amidst Desire
Desire for Repitition
Light to Shadow
Self Portrait (Gabrielle)
The Labyrinth
The Path Not Taken
Through the Looking Glass

outside of my sketchbook I have a few others, but one of the best is ironically not weird at all. My one bit of true realism was actually supervised by my art teacher. He was asked to make ten ship-like port holes with a continous landscape in them. He got me and basically told me what he wanted as he watched me make one 15 foot long landscape from pastels. He made the styrofome exterior though. The landscape itself was my doing, but it was still a joint effort:

Homecoming Port Hole
much to my satisfaction... The office wanted to keep one for decoration but they couldnt get one because after the dance they were ripped off the walls and stolen pretty quickly. My art teacher stole one for me so I have it, though it is a bit worn.

finally I have my real self portrait from computer graphics when i got bored last night. I actually like it so I'll post it here.

Self Portrait

I may post more later. Hope you liked it all.

EDIT: a few new pics a sculpture are now added below.

This pic was actually a challenge. A bet was placed on whether or not i could make a cool and interesting pic in five minutes. I got 20 bucks for it:

Sky Cruise

that pic eventually became this found-object sculpture in class (another bet. the challenge was to make a cool sculpture off of the picture i drew in the last bet. again i won 20 bucks.)

Lost in Heaven

a final pic. not my best but meh, i like it.

Castle in the Cloud

more to come later  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:18 am
WOW! Those are amazing! heart

*two thumbs up * xd  

Cherie327

[ D i z z y ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:31 am
Wow, very abstract pieces. If you could just outline them with ink they'd be deadly. You're pretty good for your age. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? (curiousity)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:54 am
dont mind at all. i am 16, and actually some pics have had ink outlining. oh wait, heres one that a lot of people like, it just didnt show up well on the computer. All those really dark marks are actually silver sharpie (so if possible, imagine those dark marks actualy shimmering.)

Sway of the Stars

That one looks pretty cool in real life, the computer messed it up though.

I have some that are outlined in ink, I will get those online asap, but for now I'll just put this one instead, which happens to be another "crowd favorite".

Still Motion

glad you all like it!  

themagikat

themagikat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:15 pm
okies. i got one of the ones with ink all over it, lol. again its hard to tell, but it started with pencil (on an airplane. this was drawn on the way down to south padre island) and then i got my pen. and then i got my colored pencils. and then i used regular pencil again and finally got more pen. it looks alright i guess. It's very subtly colored so it may be hard to tell, but I like it more that way (in person at least)

The Mirage

this was drawn last night, its not the best or really all that good, but I figured I woudl upload it anyways.

Travelers' Path

i was mainly working on the front to try to make rocks turn into clouds, it worked to an extent but not completely as I wanted it.

Hope you like it all.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:17 pm
Very good! Congrats! biggrin  

Dearest Darling`

Hel Daughter of Loki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:20 pm
these really are beautiful...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:16 pm
omg thanks so much. i always like to know my work is appreciated!  

themagikat

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:31 pm
Wonderful art, dude!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:19 pm
thanks! I'm a bit insecure in that im never sure if its very good unless someone else says so, so i truly do thank you all  

themagikat

Stabbing Westward

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:22 pm
eek These are beautiful! I love your style.

The colors on the Homecomng Port Hole are great, and I really like the detached feeling in The Labyrinth.

Your self-portrait is pretty cool too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:38 am
there relly good a lot better than mine  

chick_with_a_chainsaw

themagikat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:51 am
i finally finished a decent painting last night but i cant really take a very good pic of it because of glare. ill post the best result, just all that white stuff at the bottom is just a glare from the flash.

"Mourning's Dawn"

you may notice, it was inspired by "The Labrynth" above in my first post (it was going to be an exact copy but colorized but i liked the elegance of this instead)

also, in case this counts as artwork (i think it does) i made two new banners in my shop:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

they asked for two banners for their members to use, one in day/light and the other dark/night. they arent bad i dont think, the day one is much better in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:39 pm
"Through the Looking Glass" was a masterpiece.
I was wondering if the plants are symbolic to- life? Just a question.  

Drama Freak

GlamourLolita

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:18 am
Brillant! You're great.  
Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items