Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What do you think about...? A Questionaire Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jaquiel Charday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:45 pm
Because everybody likes these things! This is in regards to your beliefs on non-religious subjects.

What are your views on the existence of UFOs?

What are your views on the existence of extraterrestrial life forms?

What are your views on 'alien abductions'?

What are your views on the existence of fairies/angels/demons?

What are your views on the existence of mythical beasts such as unicorns, dragons, and gryphons?

What are your views on the validity of horoscopes?

What are your views on the validity of tarot cards?

What are your views on the validity of other forms of divination?

What are your views on the existence of vampires? What are your views on people who are/claim to be vampires?

What are your views on legendary creatures such as the Loch Ness Monster?

What are your views on conspiracy theories such as those about the Illuminati/The Holy Grail/The Societas Jesu?

What are your views on otherkin?

What are your views on furries?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:25 pm

I've never seen one. There are definitely UFO's however I seriously doubt they're spaceships piloted by aliens. I'm fairly certain at least 99% of the sightings were either hoaxes, hallucinations, or misidentification.

I believe there is life of some sort on other planets. The universe is way too big for there not to be. I doubt we're some random fluke.

Fake.

Not real in the way people think they are. I don't believe they're separate physical beings, more like manifestations of people's will.

What are your views on the existence of mythical beasts such as unicorns, dragons, and gryphons?

Fake. The legends probably came from the ancients finding dinosaur bones. I watched a special on how the gryphons were probably just the bones of the protoceratops the Scythians found in the Gobi desert.

baloney.

Can be somewhat effective if used properly.

Same as tarot.

What are your views on the existence of vampires? What are your views on people who are/claim to be vampires?

Absolute nonsense. Those people are deluded idiots.

Possible. We still have yet to find a living giant squid. There may easily be a colony of living plesiosaurs somewhere.

What are your views on conspiracy theories such as those about the Illuminati/The Holy Grail/The Societas Jesu?

Mostly garbage, based on a very minimal amount of fact.

Ridiculous.

Sick freaks.  

Sinister Kung Fu

Jaquiel Charday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:04 pm
I want your babies so much right now. You just used the word 'baloney.'

That word makes me orgasm.

Edit:

Er... just to clarify, the furries I'm talking about are not those into beastiality, but those who believe, for whatever reason, that they are animals trapped in human bodies. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:32 pm
Jaquiel Charday.
I want your babies so much right now. You just used the word 'baloney.'

That word makes me orgasm.

Edit:

Er... just to clarify, the furries I'm talking about are not those into beastiality, but those who believe, for whatever reason, that they are animals trapped in human bodies. sweatdrop

eek

I thought you were talking about the anthopomorphic type anime furries :shudder:
The furries you're talking about are just as ridiculous as otherkin and vampires. Just because you intentionally act like a cat or a fox or whatever, does not mean you have any sort of affinity for that creature, nor does it mean that you are the reincarnation of that creature, or anything remotely similar. It just means you are a sad person who wants desperately to be something you're not. You're not fooling anyone. xp  

Sinister Kung Fu

Midnight Ana

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:12 pm
I've never seen one, though the people who claim to have seen them, I have a hard time believing.

It seems almost selfish to think that we're the only ones in this whole universe. If there is extrerrestrial life on other planets, maybe they don't like to be bothered.

Fake

Angels and demons I tend to think of more as "engery beings" that can project physical forms when people see them. Fairies on the other hand I tend to think have more phyiscal forms. But maybe it's because I read to many fairy stories as a young child.

Well, I guess they could have been real at one time on earth. Now maybe they live on a different plane.

Horoscopes are fun to read, but I usually don't take mine into account through out the day.

If used correctly they can be vaild, but it depends on the person using them.

Same a above.

Personally I really don't think they exist. The people who believe they are? It's their beliefs, not mine.

I like to keep an open mind about legendary creatures, strange things happen in nature.

I don't know much about them, So I don't know.

I try and keep an open mind, but to me it seems kind of weird.

Same as above.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:29 pm
Jaquiel Charday.

I think it would be rather arrogant of us as a race to think we are the only sentient life in the Universe. I think we have been visited, and I think some people may have been picked up. However, I think the subject has been grossly sensationalized. Some of the things I've read/seen/heard are just ... too unbelieveable for me.

My stepmother is a fanatic about these things. Just mention the word "ascension" to her, and she won't shut up.

Jaquiel Charday.

I think these also exist, but they are not what the modern media would have you believe they are. The Fae are not glittery and sweet. Angels are NOT strictly Christian. And Demons are not evil, they just fulfill roles.

Jaquiel Charday.

I've worked with Dragons for years. They very much exist. I think all mythological creatures exist (the myths had to come from SOMEwhere), just on a different wavelength than the material world.

Jaquiel Charday.

If done correctly, they can be very accurate. However, one must keep in mind that there is more to it than just your sun sign. There's your moon sign, signs for each planet, a couple asteroids ...

Jaquiel Charday.

I use these quite often. If done and interpreted correctly, they can be very accurate.

Jaquiel Charday.

Same as above. It is not an exact science, but it can be useful if someone has the skill for it.

I do believe that some things are Fated, large events (whether worldly or personal), but for the most part, we write our own life-scripts.

Jaquiel Charday.

I am a psi-vamp. I don't believe the mythical undead vampires exist, but I do believe that mortal vampires do. Some people are poseurs (there are some in every group), but the majority of them I believe. I also support them and thier lifestyle.

Jaquiel Charday.

Could be possible, especially if it dwells mostly on another wavelength, and only becomes material periodically.

Jaquiel Charday.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :::hides in a corner and cries::: I get enough of that from my step-mother! She believes every damn thing she reads, even if a few things contradict each other! Whether or not there are huge super-secret societies ... I really don't know, and I really don't care.

Jaquiel Charday.

I believe they exist. In fact, I've been led to think I am dragonkin. This is a new area of research for me.

Jaquiel Charday.

Weres or therians? I know of a couple therians, so I do believe they exist. Weres (actual shapeshifters) are kinda iffy in my mind.  

Cerri Kali`Diah

3,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200

kasaikiree

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:39 am
Probably exist.

Deffinatly exist.

Maybe...

I do believe in fairies and nymphs, etc, but angels and demons are beings of "good" and "evil", which I don't believe in, so no.

I think that they might exist someone else, or on another plane. But there hasn't ever been any scientific evidence, and they're so big they're kinda hard to miss.

As in you personality, etc, deffinatly true. There is even some science to back this up.
As in what's going to happen to you today? I doubt it. They're too generic, not to mention you can't tell exactly. You might be able to tell whats probable based off the energies, but not "Ok, this is deffinatly whats going to happen."

As in, them guiding you, deffinatly. As in them telling you "this is whats going to happen no matter what." no.

See Tarot cards.

I have some friends who are "Vampires", but I don't think that they need other people's blood to survive. I think its just an extra plus. But I do kinda hope that there are vampires, the real L.J. Smith kind. smile

Proabably at one time, but not anymore.

I have no doubt.

I don't really know what that is.... redface

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:53 am
Jaquiel Charday.
Because everybody likes these things! This is in regards to your beliefs on non-religious subjects.

^_^ Oh, there are all religious subjects, for the people who base their lives around them. On most of these subjects, I don't have any hard information at all, so my thoughts are more like speculative opinions than actual beliefs.

But sooo many of my speculative opinions came from the ideas of my father, who's been studying ancient history (economic as well as spiritual) longer than I've been alive, that I feel I ought to mention him right up front.

The things seen and photographed are mainly hoaxes. Though it's not out of the realm of possibility that extraterrestrials have visited Earth a few times, most likely they did so out of scientific curiosity or for defense planning, if at all, so it's doubtful to me that UFO visits actually happen with the systematic frequency claimed by some.

Sure, why not? My dad's hypothesis is that, given the absurd inadequacy of the fossil record of humans and our shoddy physical adaptation to the ambient conditions on this planet, we may originally have been extraterrestrials. The presence of a "diaspora" myth (think Noah's ark) in virtually every culture is a nice little piece of circumstantial evidence.

As I said above, if any actually took place, they were more likely because alien scientists or governments wanted to assess where we were at, and either considered our civilization too primitive to bother communicating with, or didn't really care.

If they exist as entities separate from the ability of humans to create, alter, and perceive them, they are purely non-material (or composed of some energy not yet understood by science).

They are either garbled memories of creatures with which our ancestors once had contact, or exist in a manner similar to fairies/angels/demons.

They are a lens through which the personality can be viewed. Douglas Adams explained it the best. A person, or a person's life, is like a piece of paper with grooves in it. It doesn't matter what you use--you can scatter sand, iron filings, or nutmeg across the paper if it pleases you--the lines revealed are going to be pretty much the same when you shake the paper and set it down. In the same way, any system for understanding one's life is going to reveal the same life, the same truths, if the system is used correctly.

See above.

See above.

The original vampire myth arose mainly from a combination of economic and social oppression and a superstitious fear of the dead. I believe that there are psychic vampires, that is, people who drain emotional, intellectual, and spiritual energy out of others with whom they interact. I do not think that this is a good thing to be, and have in fact spent an enormous amount of effort not to be one. Those who are obsessed with blood or with the desire for killing seem to me to be seeking a return to our primitive roots--humans as predators--and I think they would be better served being consciously aware of that motive, rather than believing wholeheartedly in the myth.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that there are left-over dinosaurs or other exotic creatures. It doesn't seem terribly important to me, though, since I'm more interested in humans.

If it's a proper conspiracy, nobody's going to write books about it. If a secret society's standards have become so lax that privileged information about it is being circulated in view of the public, then it clearly doesn't have its act together enough to be able to run the world. Perhaps such societies were once very powerful--the Masons, or so my father tells me, seem to have been largely responsible for the shift away from monarchy across Europe in previous centuries--but if people have "secret society" bumper stickers on their cars, the torch has long since been passed.

I'm not sure what otherkin are. If it refers to people descended from mythological or spiritual creatures or "fae", then I think the relation is purely a spiritual one and has to do with the energy that went into forming the nucleus of a person's spirit immediately prior to birth. Which I have no information about at all. Therefore, I can only conclude that it is a way in which some choose to define their identities, and though it is a pity it is not more realistic, I'm sure it can be as effective as any other.

Much like those who claim to be vampires, they seek a return to man's primitive roots. In our culture we are disconnected from the natural world in an unprecedented way, and the need for that sense of dependence on nature and interdependence with it can drive people to do and to believe strange things. I don't think it's literally true.

The closest you'd get would be a person who was, for example, actually raised by wolves, has a personality patterned on the life of a wolf, and can't interact with other humans because he did not receive the necessary training during his formative years. Which (much like being a psychic vampire, though in a very diffierent way) is not something you'd want to be.  

Here Comes Amos!

Triste Morningstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:48 am
Jaquiel here, on her alt account. Thank you all for the answers! It's really fascinating to hear some of the views.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:00 pm

I'm sure they exist. I don't know about how I feel as far as UFO sightings are concerned.

It would increddibly arrogant of me to not believe that somewhere out in space there are other intelligent beings. I have no idea what they look like or where they are, but I'm sure there is life in space.

Bogus

I believe in fairies, angels, and demons.

I really haven't given them much thought/

horoscopes is just a fun thing to do. There isn't any reality to them but there are amusing to read.

I think tarot cards can be valid, but it depends on who is using them. Certainly I wouldn't believe Miss Cleo. However the tarot card reading I perform are acurate, and my reiki teacher's tarot readings have also been accurate.

See the tarot card opinion and apply here please.

I don't believe them, but I don't know very much about this and would consider myself open to hearing exactly what said persons believed before I cast a perminate judgement. From what I know of people who claim to be vampires though, they usually seem really lost in a poor fantasy novel.

Meh I don't really care one way or the other. It would be cool if we found out that the Loch Ness existed, but I doubt that he is there.

They make for good stories (though The DaVinci Code sucked hard core) but beyond that I really don't think there is any conspiracies going on. Its all just a little too paranoid for me.

While an ineresting book plot idea, I really don't think they exist. Again though, I do not know too much about this and I would gladly listen to someone who claimed to be an otherkin to hear more before I really created a solid opinion

See otherkin response.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Ess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:03 pm
Unidentified flying objects exist. UFO's, or flying saucers to put it more accurately, I can see visiting humankind in the past or maybe in the future. But as of now we have the high potential of hoaxes, and while it's interesting to read about, UFO sightings aren't really valid by my standards.

I give it a definite yes. Or, atleast, definitely not no. If they do exist, they're pretty far away.

Never really looked into it, but it seems to me like psychotic hallucinations.

All variations of temperamental spirits living in the astral plane. Certain people are more gifted to interacting with them than others.

I believe they could exist on the astral plane.

Utter bullshit. rolleyes

Never really tried tarot. I dunno.

I personally believe that runic divination is the most "accurate", so to say.

These claims rise in the times of Anne Rice reading crazies. One cant help but to pass it off as a mere trend. They just don't exist.

There's a possibility of such existing, but no one's really sure, and I doubt it. Besides, Nessie sightings go way back, she's probably dead by now...

Eh, no.

Completely vague and without logical proof. Every "otherkin" I've met always says something along the lines of "I've always loved wolves as a child". Hmm. confused

Uh... an internet rp/art-based obsession and trend? I really don't have an opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:59 pm
Jaquiel Charday.

Well, UFO, Unidentified Flying Objects, are and will always be UFO, for if someone knew what they were, then they wouldn't be Unidentified, now will they? But not to be a smartass, I do believe that their are life forms out there flying, watching, examining. Not human, they may not approve of us or don't think we are ready to know of their existence, you know, with all the wars and death, the hate. I wouldn't show myself to us.

Jaquiel Charday.

There must be others lifeforms out there, since I do not believe in a god that created everything. And even if I did, we do have technology to see on other planets. Why would this god make other planets and just put us on one planet to see everything and no one.

Jaquiel Charday.

Hmmm...this is seems....incorrect, I think. If there were really aliens with such advance equipment to travel galaxies and yet they couldn't control memories of humans, or even keep them unconcious?

Jaquiel Charday.

Well, I haven't exactly cemented my thoughts about these. I read somewhere that Fairies were once gods and goddesses, but then the Christians came with their destruction and belief left our religion, and since belief is what a religion is, the gods and goddesses became fairies. Angels, I do believe in. I also read that angels are adult Fairies. And when there are good forms, their must be bad forms to make it equal and balanced, because everything will be equaled and balanced. I have to give it more thougth.

Jaquiel Charday.

I believe. But they are strong and wise. They are powerful and fear. They grow weak with disbelief, I wish we could speak. I have always felt a closeness with dragons. I love them and I believe they protect me. I involve them in my magick. I believe.

Jaquiel Charday.

Nope.

Jaquiel Charday.

I read them. I've have given readings to people and they always came true. What does that mean to me? True until proven wrong, right?

Jaquiel Charday.

Well I have dreams of the future, so I would extremely good.

Jaquiel Charday.

I think somewhere vampires might exist. But then, there are different kinds of vampires, like energy vampires. As for those that who claim to be vampires are not real.

Jaquiel Charday.

Loch Ness Monster - fake.
Others ones - no clue.

Jaquiel Charday.

Hmmm....Maybe a link about them, but not entirely true.

Jaquiel Charday.

Otherkin? Like werewolves or what? If they are like mixed, then I say sure. Whynot. I don't dictate the world.

Jaquiel Charday.

Very radical.  

IntroVert

Jameta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:03 pm

Anything can be a UFO, therefore, they exist. On the designation of alien spacecraft, I do believe there are valid accounts, but all incidents should be scruntinized.

Of course they exist- something shat on Mars, and we found the frozen-feces fossil. As for anything alive, of course- this universe's sizes is undescribable, and for us to be the only ones here is not likely.

Like a Russian abducting a Canadian? (Obviously, I'm not fond of use the of alien, but I'm weird.) Again, I believe there are valid accounts, but everyone should be scruntinized.

Fairies are real- they populate San Franciso. whee Boy, I'm beign an a** today. I couldn't back anything on fairies with evidence, as I haven't looked into it too much, but they are a possibility. I do believe in angels and demons, for I believe in the concept of 'good' and 'evil' (I haven't got the whole basis for it set-out, so I apologise for not giving a reason/explanation).

I faintly remember unicorns being related the Europeans first exposure to African creatures such as the rhino or giraff, and I think people of the older eras got the idea of the dragon from stumbling upon dinosaur bones. However, the concepts are very powerful, and when looking at the mental/psychological aspects of them, they are very real and powerful symbols.

The daily ones are usually just for kicks, but if one looks at materials from say, The Secret Language of Birthdays, one may recieve an accurate perception of one's self.

As it says in the book that comes with it, the readings are only a suggestion that should be used when you can't come to a valid decision on your own.

*shrugs* Evidence, history, and/or sensibilty. I haven't really looked into any other forms.

They're out there in different forms; again I want some sort of evidence.

Evidence.

Monty Python! Hoenstly, I believe the HG is out there, but I could careless where, as we're not supposed to look directly at it. Personally, a bunch of monks probably have it that are not going to the media. As for the other things, I have no clue what they are.

What now?

Eh?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:04 pm
I think that UFO sightings are typically fake, but I don't trash the possibility that they might exist.

I personally believe we're not the only life in the universe. But, of course, other life forms could be prehistorically dumb and completely inable to reach our planet or even know which way is up.

What are your views on 'alien abductions'? '
I think they're bull. If aliens had actually been to Earth we'd probably being a seeing a lot more of them than some losers who claim to be abducted.

I don't believe in fairies. Angels and demons, perhaps, but in a spiritual way, not flying around and visible to normal people.

The legends are interesting, but I in no way believe in them.

Bullshit. They're vague on purpose so they seem to work. The movement of planets has nothing to do with my love life.

I'm not involved with tarot and I don't know a lot about them, so I'm not sure what to think about them. I have a feeling they might be rather fake as everyone seems to have a different way of using them.

Like tarot, I don't know a lot about divination, so I don't really know what to think. Looking up info to decide on it is what I do plan to do sometime in the near future.

I don't believe vampires exist or even did. I abhor stupid people who claim to be vampires. It's sad that humanity has sunk so low. xp

I don't think these monsters actually exist but there may be some weird explanation behind it, like some unknown type of animal or something. That's possible.

Conspiracy theories of any kind are usually crap.

Just like vampires: full of s**t.

Obnoxious and full of it.  

Acid Faery

Ges

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:02 pm
Jaquiel Charday.

It's a possibilty I don't discount. I've never seen one, so I won't say for sure.

Quote:

If life can be here, it can be elsewhere.

Quote:

Again, a possibility I don't discount. I've never been abducted, nor has anyone I trust, so I'm not entirely inclined to believe it. Since I believe in ETs, I can't really say it's impossible for them to be advanced enough to travel here, and maybe abduct people...just not something I really put faith in happening though...just like at any moment all the air molecules in a room could randomly occupy the one corner and you'd sufficate...possible...but highly unlikely.

Quote:

They exist, if they ever managed to exist here on Earth physically, I'm not entirely sure as of you, but I do believe they exist. Heh, then again, I'm a bit inclined to believe they exist.

Quote:

Same as above

Quote:

I'm very skeptical of them, but on occasion I've had something so down to the letter that it's made do a double take.

Quote:

Part synesthesia, part valid metaphysical tool.

Quote:

As above

Quote:

I believe in Vampires, and the Vampiric condition. I believe there are valid Vampires, but unfortunately it's a hard thing to prove, and there are plenty of posers and goths that you have to sort through to find a real Vamp.

Quote:

Nessy? Interesting, a lot of circumstantial stuff...could be. Yeti/Bigfoot/etc, wouldn't surprise me too much.

Quote:

I believe there is some truth and secret that could be around all of them, but really it's just hidden in layers of crap and stupid theories, people have distorted a lot with their own theories it's hard to see the truth there now.

Quote:

Heh, I think it's safe to say I believe in them. "I no longer have the luxary of disbelief." Though similiar with Vampires, I am the first to admit that there are plenty of people in the Otherkin community who have taken up that title for the wrong reasons, or without proper introspection. That ratio is also far higher online than it is inthe offline communities. I do stand by our existence and validity, but I know our credibility is marred by many younger Kin online, who use it (valid or fake) as a way to get attention, and feel special. Despite what many say or see online, there is a lot of serious thought that goes into coming to the conclusion of being Kin.

Quote:

They irk me. Just as Drag Queens irk Transgendered, heh. No, rational furries in the furry fandom, I don't mind...yiffy furs I do.

Jaquiel Charday.

Heh, you make that mistake on a Therian board, and they would eat you alive. Furries are defined as people who are interested in anthropomorphic and animalist images and art. Therianthropes are the individuals who believe they are animals born into human flesh. There is a lot of overlap between the communities, and people from the outside occasionally think they are same, but they are different. Both Therians and Furries will admit that. It's really a common mistake, but I've seen some Therians really get upset over it (too much so if you ask me). It's the difference between being a fan of Mickey Mouse, or being a Mouse. Or as said above, between being a Drag Queen/King, or being Transgendered. Are Therians Otherkin? Yes/No, it depends on who you ask, cause the definitions of Otherkin are a bit different from person to person, and some do not include Earth animals, while others do. Personally I say Therianthropy is just another branch of Otherkin.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff