System of a Down cover in works? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:36 am
System of a Down are rumoured to be the band featured in MTV's Icon series in 2008, where KoRn are rumoured to be covering the band's hit single "Chop Suey".

According to a German System of a Down fan site, the on-hiatus rockers will be on MTV Icon in 2008 performing three songs together as a group along with other artists doing covers of System songs.

Artists rumoured to be performing along with KoRn are the Deftones, Kid Rock, Tool, Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Powerman 5000, and more.

The would-be performance wouldn't be KoRn's first time covering artist's tracks at an MTV Icon event. The band performed Metallica's "One" at the MTV Icon: Metallica event in 2003 (above).

The band then made it a frequent addition to their live shows, adding it as a medley to the band's already hugely popular hit "Shoots and Ladders".  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:37 am
Honestly, if you ask ******** SYSTEM OF A DOWN GETTING AN ICON SPECIAL. It should be KORN to get an Icon special; KoRn ARE the Icons... not ******** SOAD.

Let's just hope this is all a rumor like the news post said.

*edit*

Yeah this rumor looks to be complete bullshit. Rage doing a tribute to SOAD? It's be like... Madonna performing a tribute to bloody Hilary Duff.  

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

S0ZI

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:46 am
rofl Anyway, there was mention of KoRn covering several songs and producing the album KoRn Kovers. But you have to admit, if KoRn do do a Kover of Chop Suey you KNOW they're gonna make it so much better biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:42 pm
If SOAD is going to get an MTV icon then Korn should too, heck they should have already had it. But I think Korn covering SOAD will be cool. If this is true than I cant wait to hear the new Chop Suey.  

Jakal Gore

S0ZI

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:27 am
Meh I dont give a crap about MTV, useless pop crap  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:36 am
S0ZI
Meh I dont give a crap about MTV, useless pop crap

Yeah. The idiots give attention and recognirtion to the wrong people. I mean come on? SOAD getting an Icon special over KoRn? ******** ridiculous.

However, one has to admit that MTV, as stupid and one sided as it may be - is a wonderful publicity tool to gain exposure for a musician. The problem with them though is that they are too focussed with setting "trends" or setting what's "in" and what's "out". Incompetent ******** the lot of them.  

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

hiei4ever

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:05 pm
Yeahh... Some of their music is good, but I don't really like 'em. xD

If KoRn were to redo Chop Suey I'm sure it would be good. ^^ But it would sound weird.

xD Now I really wanna know what it would sound like.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:16 pm
hiei4ever

If KoRn were to redo Chop Suey I'm sure it would be good. ^^ But it would sound weird.

The only SOAD album I've ever liked was Toxicity... other than that, they don't really interest me.

But yeah Korn covering Chop Suey would be interesting...

Speaking of covers.... I want KORN KOVERS to come out preferrably SOON!  

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

S0ZI

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:01 am
+[Unholy_Rage]+
hiei4ever

The only SOAD album I've ever liked was Toxicity... other than that, they don't really interest me.

I wouldn't hold your breathe, they've been talking about that for over a year now...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:51 am
S0ZI
+[Unholy_Rage]+
hiei4ever

I wouldn't hold your breathe, they've been talking about that for over a year now...

They've been talking about it since 2005, and we've only heard ONE song... and that's Love My Way.  

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

S0ZI

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:06 pm
+[Unholy_Rage]+
S0ZI
+[Unholy_Rage]+
hiei4ever

I wouldn't hold your breathe, they've been talking about
that for over a year now...

They've been talking about it since 2005, and we've only heard ONE song... and that's Love My Way.

There was something on wikipedia awhile ago, a track list. It had stuff on it like Wicked and Lowrider as well as creep, word up and another brick in the wall. So by the looks of things only about 50% gonna be new...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:05 am
S0ZI
+[Unholy_Rage]+
S0ZI
+[Unholy_Rage]+
hiei4ever

There was something on wikipedia awhile ago, a track list. It had stuff on it like Wicked and Lowrider as well as creep, word up and another brick in the wall. So by the looks of things only about 50% gonna be new...

Yeah they might do studio versions of Creep and One. But I certainly look forward to the other stuff such as We Care A Lot, Head Like A Hole, Paranoid and Erotic City.  

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

S0ZI

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:52 am
+[Unholy_Rage]+
S0ZI
+[Unholy_Rage]+
S0ZI
+[Unholy_Rage]+
hiei4ever

Yeah they might do studio versions of Creep and One. But I certainly look forward to the other stuff such as We Care A Lot, Head Like A Hole, Paranoid and Erotic City.

No joke but if they do as amazing a cover of Head like a hole as I think they're gonna do I'll seriously have an orgasm blaugh burning_eyes ninja 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:16 am
S0ZI
+[Unholy_Rage]+
S0ZI
+[Unholy_Rage]+
S0ZI

No joke but if they do as amazing a cover of Head like a hole as I think they're gonna do I'll seriously have an orgasm blaugh burning_eyes ninja 4laugh

Ah, rumor has it though... that Chester Bennington might be on it. It's such a turn-off, I hope they don't do it Dx  

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

S0ZI

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:03 pm
+[Unholy_Rage]+
S0ZI
+[Unholy_Rage]+
S0ZI
+[Unholy_Rage]+
S0ZI

Ah, rumor has it though... that Chester Bennington might be on it. It's such a turn-off, I hope they don't do it Dx

Wait, he was on Queen of the Damned wasn't he? What did he do? Wasn't it system? lol, that's the only song I actually dislike from that album...  
.:+:.Children of the KoRn.:+:.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff