Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ska
  poops on my soul.
View Results

Mister Ska

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:55 pm
Well my favorite cartoon was Kablam, and I loved the ending theme the most. I soon figured out it was "Everything You Said Has Been A Lie" by The Toasters. I saw the word ska, and went on an online frenzy to find the music and bands.

You?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:49 pm
My initiation to ska was when I saw the music video for Madness's One Step Beyond when I was 9. After that, I became obsessed. Worked first from 3rd wave to the beginning. Changed my life, man.  

Jcake

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:45 pm
I remember when I was really young, I used to always pass my brother while he was on the computer and hear various Reel Big Fish songs. I never payed any attention to it, and I always figured it was some marching band stuff (he was in marching band). Obviously I didn't listen to it at all, I just heard horns. So one day, years later when I was old enough to really listen, appreciate, and understand music, I remember we were in the car and he played "Point/Counterpoint" by Streetlight Manifesto. I got the band name from him and looked into it. I fell in love immediately. At this point, I still didn't really know what ska is, and it took me a good 5 months+ to really look into what I was listening to. I started looking into the roots and whatnot. I basically went from there.
I remember listening to "241" by Reel Big Fish about 1 or 2 years ago and recalling that that song is the one I always heard my brother listen to when I was young.

Ska really has changed my life, and all my friends life. I introduced all my friends to ska and I like to think that I helped ska get bigger around my community.
I still find it hard to get some people to listen to traditional ska, though confused  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:24 pm

I grew up with it. There really was no beginning to when I started liking it.
my stepdad is a major ska fan and, as I said, I just grew up listening to it. Because of this is mainly second wave ska I like, and not the thirdwave.

Chill morte

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:36 pm
I was on my way to a scout trip, and my friend put on his ipod... its that simple. Also, thats the extremely short one sentence version of it. I wrote a whole paper on it for my Moment of Truth last year... lol  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:04 pm
My Dad.
Through and Through.
Fishbone was the first band I heard.
When I was 7.
After that I just got more into it.
Looked into it and stuff.

Status Quo Joe

Black Dragon Disciple

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:42 pm
Back before I knew what ska was, I only really listened to things like showtunes and some of the metal my friends were into. I can't even remember how I got started into ska, aside from that Reel Big Fish was the first ska band I really listened to. Maybe it had to do with my sister's music tastes when she was in high school. I exploded with intrest and looked into bands like Less than Jake and Streetlight, and even completely refocused where I was going with my trumpet lessons. I gradually worked my way back to second wave ska, then to first. Now I'm listening to ska, swing, and punk music mostly.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:16 am
Black Dragon Disciple
Now I'm listening to ska, swing, and punk music mostly.
Hell yeah. Also Jazz, Disco and Blues are pretty cool. I just like anything with horns... ((I know its off topic but w/e))  

MCS4evr0

Slag10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:18 pm
Desmond Decker came to my house and punched me out.

Actually i bought Skarmagedon Vol.3 on a whim becuase i liked the art work.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:02 pm
i'm not gonna lie, it was when i went to go see Digimon The Movie. i really liked it, it was like in my 7th grade or something... i was an avid digimon fan, and i really liked the music in it, and then i baught the soundtrack cd which my sister eventually stole, and it had less than jake and mighty mighty bosstones in it and all that jazz, it was pretty cool.  

YoshiMexico

psycho ska

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:39 pm
I got into it after a cousin of mine died. I didnt really know who he was and it turns out that he was a trombone player in a ska band. So I listened to their cd's and thats how I got into it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:50 pm
MCS4evr0
Black Dragon Disciple
Hell yeah. Also Jazz, Disco and Blues are pretty cool. I just like anything with horns... ((I know its off topic but w/e))

So then you must love my avi...

do you play trumpet or trombone or something?  

Black Dragon Disciple

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:58 am
Black Dragon Disciple
MCS4evr0
Black Dragon Disciple

Both... I play almost every "ska" brass instrument. Trumpet, Tenor Trombone, Baritone, and Tuba. Haven't tried any reed instruments yet tho. Also, I play 5-string Bass, and piano...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:32 am
YoshiMexico
i'm not gonna lie, it was when i went to go see Digimon The Movie. i really liked it, it was like in my 7th grade or something... i was an avid digimon fan, and i really liked the music in it, and then i baught the soundtrack cd which my sister eventually stole, and it had less than jake and mighty mighty bosstones in it and all that jazz, it was pretty cool.

hahah ******** yeah. I remember that movie, and the sound track was a big part in that. lol.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

Black Dragon Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:58 pm
MCS4evr0
Black Dragon Disciple
MCS4evr0
Black Dragon Disciple

Both... I play almost every "ska" brass instrument. Trumpet, Tenor Trombone, Baritone, and Tuba. Haven't tried any reed instruments yet tho. Also, I play 5-string Bass, and piano...

Did someone just say super talent that I wish I had, moloko, and/or ultra-violence? Yes? Just making sure...

I play trumpet and 4 string bass. Tried piano, but couldn't get the two-hands thing down at all after about 6 months of pain and practice, so I gave up with it. I sing, too. I've always wanted to learn trombone, is it easy to learn? If so, great, if not, I'm up to the challengee.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff