Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Anyone know a good mmo? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sin of light

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:40 pm
Anyone know a good mmo?I am tired of playing maplestory.Dont suggest the following:
Flyff
Rappelz
Corum
Tales of pirates
Pirate king  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:32 pm
Gunzonline, runescape(it can be fun for a while), Guild wars(but you gotta buy the game)
I personally don't like Guild Wars but apparently a lot of people I know think it's fun.  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

Belcoot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:11 pm
Try out Lunia. I've been playing it, and it's fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:42 pm
I play Ghost Online. Mostly because it's the same 2-d side-scrolling type as Maple. But... I think it's cooler, better music... meh, whatever floats your conoe, right?  

Aya Midorikaze

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:02 pm
Trickster Online.

tricksteronline.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:40 pm
o_______o how about you call your mates and go out instead  

zonic69

A Very Merry Hatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:46 pm
zonic69

Out?
I think I heard of that.
Its a FPS, right? A real hard one too.
You only get one account and char, and if you die you lose all your exp and can't get revived.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:41 pm
Okuruu
zonic69

Out?
I think I heard of that.
Its a FPS, right? A real hard one too.
You only get one account and char, and if you die you lose all your exp and can't get revived.

Lol.

Doesn't sound like something I'd want to play.

xp

A Rusty Nail

Sandgorgon_NOM
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:34 pm
zonic69 As much as I like the picture in your signature, I would suggest that you please change your signature for posting in this guild.

edit: oh! on topic.. I'm downloading Dungeon Runners right now (55% of 483MB)
and.. I may start a new character in Scania.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:07 am
you could try going to mmosite.com, they have a lot of mmos there =P  

AvonGenesis

Zarow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:39 pm
aya_greenwind
I play Ghost Online. Mostly because it's the same 2-d side-scrolling type as Maple. But... I think it's cooler, better music... meh, whatever floats your canoe, right?

You've gotten me addicted to that.
I googled it earlier, and it looked cool so I decided to play it.

TricksterOnline is very confusing for me, as I don't like making characters and screwing their skills up. I tried a Raccoon, but they have 32894734598723854624628746234 different skill paths (not really).
I would probably play it if I knew the Dragons(Mage) weren't as suck-ish compared to other jobs like they are in Maple and if I had a guide for them.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:29 am
I've been looking for something different myself and tried going to the mmorpg rank sites; there's just so many o_o

I'll see what ghostonline has to offer, thanks for the thread heart  

chapstik

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:06 pm
Zarow
aya_greenwind
I play Ghost Online. Mostly because it's the same 2-d side-scrolling type as Maple. But... I think it's cooler, better music... meh, whatever floats your canoe, right?

TricksterOnline is very confusing for me, as I don't like making characters and screwing their skills up. I tried a Raccoon, but they have 32894734598723854624628746234 different skill paths (not really).
I would probably play it if I knew the Dragons(Mage) weren't as suck-ish compared to other jobs like they are in Maple and if I had a guide for them.

I hate to burst your bubble Zarow, but in Trickster, Dragons are the most popular character, and the Dark skill path is by far, pretty overpowered.

They are one of the most popular characters, and they are rather strong.

Just Dragons tend to get boring, at least for me, whom quit his at 60~70 (currently 70) for a Bunny, now 103.

Again, I don't think you should just toss the game aside so lightly, and maybe review some more stuff.

Check out the PvP area also, and watch characters there.

MyTrickster.net for a guide site, if you didn't know.

If you want something basic, be a power type, 4123 or 4114, and all bonus points into AP.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:29 am
A Rusty Nail
Zarow
aya_greenwind

I hate to burst your bubble Zarow, but in Trickster, Dragons are the most popular character, and the Dark skill path is by far, pretty overpowered.

They are one of the most popular characters, and they are rather strong.

Just Dragons tend to get boring, at least for me, whom quit his at 60~70 (currently 70) for a Bunny, now 103.

Again, I don't think you should just toss the game aside so lightly, and maybe review some more stuff.

Check out the PvP area also, and watch characters there.

MyTrickster.net for a guide site, if you didn't know.

If you want something basic, be a power type, 4123 or 4114, and all bonus points into AP.

Meh, popular=bad. D:
...I tried mytrickster.net, but couldn't find----
No, I tried it, but didn't know which stat to choose.
The whole base of the game is confusing to me.
Perhaps you could help?
The skills are a little problem to me, as you have to.... buy them, correct?
I shouldn't have tossed it aside, as it is fun, but I get discouraged when I don't know what I'm doing.
Maybe I should install is again...  

Zarow

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:51 am
Yeah, popular really isn't to fun.

Bandits...~_~

Man, I was a Bandit back when EVERYONE was an Assassin.

Now most thieves seem to be Bandits. ~_~

As for Trickster...

You purchase your skills from your skill masters, you need a certain TM level to learn certain skills.

Upon learning a skill, it uses a certain amount of Skill Points, each skill level nets you one skill point.

Skills that you can level up require 1 level to level, and a few skill points to master.

As for stats...

Both power are usually pure AP.
Both magic are usually pure MA, I think some dragons add luck for more criticals, but eh.
Sense...Foxes are usually pure DA, as a bit of skills are based on DA, and some later skills on LK, so some do pure LK, which is ALOT harder to train then a DA fox, I hear.
Sense for Lions are pure AC, as lions tend to use guns (whilst foxes use throwing weapons)
Charm...charms are just...eh...
Raccoons are usually pure HV or AP(I think AP, HV is the common stat)
Cats are...the same, but I think the more common is pure AP.

You know, I'll just give you a good link to a guide that can describe most of this, because I'd rather not type everything out.

http://www.mytrickster.net/forum/general-guides/25185-cujoexs-where-train-guide.html

Now, this is a "where to train guide" by CujoEX, but it is really, REALLY helpful, I suppose.

Besides telling you where to train, it states Pros and Cons in section 3.0.
It lists their Recommended Builds for each character (in 3.0)

Section 3.4 tells you a little bit about skills.

3.5, again, lists recommended builds, and the preferable stat to go Pure in.

3.6 has other common builds.

4.0 teaches about parties (the guide is a bit outdated, as of the Revolution patch a bit back, so the party section doesn't go over Fixed and Beginner parties)

and the rest goes over suggested places to train.

I fear as this isn't a Trickster guild, I really shouldn't be saying to much, and I hope this doesn't get deleted for any odd reason whatsoever, so just review this guide, if you would like, and enjoy yourself.

EDIT: The guide doesn't really list what skills to get, so to find suggested skills, just search through Raccoon Pure HV (or AP if you do that) (or whatever you choose to be) guides and look around.

Raccoons are, I believe, meant to be sort of like, the person who takes the damage for the party...like...HV, hit evasion...they evade attacks.

They have skills such as Dodge Master, Super Hips, Mana Reflector, Shield All, Sturdy Shield and a bit of attack skills, and so on.

So as you can see, Raccoons are sort of the ones who try to protect the party, even though, when you see in game, it doesn't really look like that...shield all is good I suppose, but eh...sturdy shield, mana reflector, that kinda crap is mainly for the coon itself...

Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff