Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
A Yaoi question Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

byteme4real

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:32 am
If you saw a boy reading or watching yaoi would you think he was gay. For me I am not really sure what I think about it because I have yet to meet a boy that reads yaoi.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:04 pm
If I see a boy reading or watching yaoi/BL, I will assume he's attracted to guys (either exclusively, or in conjuction with being attracted to girls). It's just.. because I think that's how the HIGH majority would work out.  

Skizzors
Crew

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:16 pm
i have, saw and influenced guys into reading yaoi so i just smile and wonder if i know them from somewhere  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:11 pm
I would smile and keep on walking.  

yukea

Yukiko Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:20 pm
No. o__o
Personally, I don't think you have to be attracted to the people within the book just to like them, or have to be interested in involving yourself in that kind of relationship...That's like assuming that a girl who likes yuri must be gay, which isn't true 100% of the time.
It's hard for me to draw personal experiences into this, especially since I refuse to box people into "sexualities" in the first place, but I don't agree with the fact that a guy has to be gay to like yaoi or shounen ai.
I can draw up one minor detail, now that I think of it--for the majority of my life, I have been asexual.
That is, until half-way through last year.
I liked both yaoi and yuri long before that, and it had nothing to do with sexual attraction to the interaction or characters themselves.
Personally, I find the relationship dynamics much more appealing in same sex relationships, and heterosexual ones are so common in literature and movies that, while I can enjoy and appreciate them from time to time, for the most part I find them boring.
Make sense?

Thus, to avoid any tl;dr responses, I'll nutshell it.
If I saw a guy reading yaoi or BL, I'd be amusedly pleased and probably strike up a conversation with him about it, just as I would any other person.~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:46 pm
No! It's like saying a girl is automatically a lesbian if she reads yuri. It's acceptable for people of the "wrong" gender to read shounen, shoujo, seinen and joise.... so why not yaoi?

If I see a guy reading that sort of thing, I'm not going to think anything of it. There's too many possible "what if" scenarios for me to be making a judgment based on what he is or is not reading. If I see the same guy later holding hands or kissing another guy, sure I'll think he's gay - but it won't be because of what I saw him reading earlier.  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Kaiju Koi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:03 pm
No.
It's just entertainment.
It'd doesn't determine your sexual orientation.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:58 pm
yukea

me 2 3nodding  

lambdaaadeltaaaa

Friendly Fatcat

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:47 pm
Nah. I've sold yaoi to guys at the comic book store I work at. I'm not sure if they're gay or not but the ones I have talked to just seemed to like the stories. Whether they go home at night and fap to it, I donno. I don't really care and I don't make an assumption either way.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:37 pm
X a y u m u n a r u m i X
yukea

me 2 3nodding

Me three  

[Romiette]

Andromeda3173

Mystical Neko

10,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:48 pm
Nope... i get Curious but i never Judge... ^^ My Friend thats a Guy read Yaoi... and he has a girlfriend so i know ninja or do i?.... ninja
rofl lol. J/K... no he just likes it.. idk... at first i found it weird... but.. i guess idk... some guys just like it! ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:52 pm
Sheard
No! It's like saying a girl is automatically a lesbian if she reads yuri. It's acceptable for people of the "wrong" gender to read shounen, shoujo, seinen and joise.... so why not yaoi?

If I see a guy reading that sort of thing, I'm not going to think anything of it. There's too many possible "what if" scenarios for me to be making a judgment based on what he is or is not reading. If I see the same guy later holding hands or kissing another guy, sure I'll think he's gay - but it won't be because of what I saw him reading earlier.

thats true i so hate that i on the other hand get called a perv cause i like 18+ stuff but i just like the stuff cause it seems more free in its story and stuff  

protecterofelements

Kereneko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:09 pm
No.. I dont judge. maybe giggle and strike up a conversation or just walk on past. There is a guy in my art class that loves Loveless. He wants to borrow some of my yaoi books.

He once told me he'd rather read hardcore yaoi then see the images.

>_<  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:18 pm
Oh great, I'm the only one? Bah.  

Skizzors
Crew

kina blaze

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:15 am
i would sit down and watch it with them xd heart  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff