Reply Life Issues & Fashion
What do goths usualy talk about Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sautana

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:03 am
Unfortunately in my counrty..our culture is very different from the goth culture...(very few people know goth) so i dont really get to talk to goths that are from my country...but if for instance I finally meet a person who is goth...how do I start a good conversation?? sweatdrop eek twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:47 pm
I talk to my "goth" friends as i talk to anyone else. I usually chat about music, it is a good subject. Somtimes the music a person listens to can tell you alot about them. Or just chat about books, poetry, movies recently seen. Call me a "normie" but that is how i conduct conversation.  

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:07 pm
We talk about normal things. Books, music, politics, fashion, school, friends, relationships, work, and all the things that most other people talk about. Sure we may have different things to say about fashion and music than most others "Did you hear about that new thrift store on Main St.? Have you been to that cool alt. clothing shop in Salem? Are you going to be attending the Voltaire concert this weekend?"
I also find that a lot of fashion-savvy goths like to compare notes when it comes to thrift shopping, such as what thrift shops rock (and what ones don't), and what they've found at the local Goodwill.

As far as starting converstion, I'm not usually the one who initiates it. Wen other goths talk to me, they usually start the conversation by complimenting me on my outfit or parasol. Then things just sort of take off from there.

We're not that different from other people! wink  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:35 pm
[-Alluring Enchantress-]
I talk to my "goth" friends as i talk to anyone else. I usually chat about music, it is a good subject. Somtimes the music a person listens to can tell you alot about them. Or just chat about books, poetry, movies recently seen. Call me a "normie" but that is how i conduct conversation.
*pokes you with the normie stick*  

Awesome Akwardness

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:37 pm
I wouldn't know cause' don't talk to other goths,because the kind around here are all the "gothier than thou" and will usually try and fight with anyone else who looks goth or tell you to ******** off when you even smile at them.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:22 pm
I talk about what I talk about. Simple as that; everyone does it.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:48 pm
Well, personally, I talk about whatever the hell I want. With everyone. "Normies", goths, metalheads, hippies, punks...

Now, starting a conversation is something else....I usually ask them what they have on their iPods or what's in their CD player (if they have one and are currently listening to it.) Or I'll comment on their band T-shirt and start chatting about music. Music brings people together, it connects people from everywhere in every race.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:38 pm
Blackrose Kaire
I wouldn't know cause' don't talk to other goths,because the kind around here are all the "gothier than thou" and will usually try and fight with anyone else who looks goth or tell you to ******** off when you even smile at them.

Are you still in high school?

I still am, and all I can say is, ah... high school goths. They're petrified to talk to one another, and when they do talk, it's usually a battle to make the other goth out to be a pouser. That's always such fun. rolleyes
Mind you, not all high school goths are like that. I'm sure a lot of the guild is better behaved than that (or so I should hope), and one other gothy girl in my school is a pretty nice lass. ^.^

From my experiences, most older goths are really awesome. I've met a few other goths on the street who are in college or have already graduated, and they all seemd to be really nice and friendly! They've been oh-so welcoming, and a few have invited me to meet up with them at local goth clubs and such (which I'm planning to do the first weekend after my 18th birthday!) heart  

DreamerSpirit

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:22 pm
DreamerSpirit
Blackrose Kaire

I still am, and all I can say is, ah... high school goths. They're petrified to talk to one another, and when they do talk, it's usually a battle to make the other goth out to be a pouser. That's always such fun. rolleyes
Mind you, not all high school goths are like that. I'm sure a lot of the guild is better behaved than that (or so I should hope), and one other gothy girl in my school is a pretty nice lass. ^.^

From my experiences, most older goths are really awesome. I've met a few other goths on the street who are in college or have already graduated, and they all seemd to be really nice and friendly! They've been oh-so welcoming, and a few have invited me to meet up with them at local goth clubs and such (which I'm planning to do the first weekend after my 18th birthday!) heart
I'm home schooled,so I don;t usually socialize with the people my own age around here,although I was once a bystander in a fight between 2 goth kids in wallmart...Long story short it started with a simple "Hi" eek But ofcourse it's not just the 'goth' kids who are violent around here,it's pretty much everyone except for the old people in walkers...I think something must be in the water here.

I usually hang out with adults instead of teenagers...While other teenage girls are talking about fashion and boys I'm talking about politics and gas prices xd I've yet to meet older goths though because it's more of a phase for the teens here.I think there is like ummm.....maybe 7 goths in the whole town...and I heard one of them made some shooting threats and ever since then the rest of the goths,me,and the metal dudes have gotten nothing but crap from people,it's sad really,but it's understandable I suppose.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:54 pm
Goths tend to talk about anything, we're not another species (although sometimes we may seem like it) Me and my friends talk about music, weekend plans, fanfiction, manga, anime, parents, and just all around say stupid things. The only difference between us and other kids is that we wear black, like the idea of violence, don't gossip constantly, and don't feel the need to say "liek omg!!!11!!!" every other sentence.  

soviet soiree

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:22 pm
AnimebunnyXD
Goths tend to talk about anything, we're not another species (although sometimes we may seem like it) Me and my friends talk about music, weekend plans, fanfiction, manga, anime, parents, and just all around say stupid things.The only difference between us and other kids is that we wear black, like the idea of violence, don't gossip constantly, and don't feel the need to say "liek omg!!!11!!!" every other sentence.

Okay, I have few things to say. Wearing black doesn't make us that radically different. I know plenty of people who wear black and never listen to The Cruxshadows or the Bauhaus. Yes, more goths wear black then most people, but is that really worth mentioning? We don't do it all the time/exclusivley. Most people don't say "like OMG" every other sentance. Only some people do, not everyone, or most, or a lot. Just a small minority. Oh, teenagers gossip. They are either leaning toward being very social or anti-social creatures during those years, and it's natural, so I'm going to assume by that comment you mean that goths are more mature then the rest? At that age, their peers become very important to them so it's to be expected. People do talk about things besides gossip, and it isn't constant at all. With some it may be that way, but many people have other things to talk about in addition to who's broken up with who.

Like the idea of violence??? What are you talking about? Who's been telling you that? Look around the guild. We have over 2000 members. How many like the idea of violence in reality???How many? I bet you that out of the real goths in this guild, most of them will not like the idea of violence.

I really think you need to get around the world more and actually observe and interact instead of relying on stereotypes and what you hear from other people, broadening your social spectrum would help as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:55 pm
My thoughts are the following:

In every culture and subculture there are reasonable people and people who have a "better, gothier, smarter, etc then though" attitude. You can`t tell from the outside appearence, unless you`re a medium or sensitive enough to percept people`s aura and thought patterns.

But this should not bother you. From what you say I think the problem you have is not what to talk about if you finally meet another goth, but the main problem is you want to meet more goths to share your views, to discuss poetry, thoughts, filosophy, music etc.

So when you finally meet another goth, don´t care what he might say to you but try to get what you want. Walk up to him or her and say something like:

"Hello. Sorry to bother, but besides you I have not met other goths in this town. Do you know where a club is or an event house where they play music from Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the like? I have not found any in this town yet"

Worst answer: he/she has the "gothier then Though" attitude
Best answer:he/she knows such a place and you meet a lot of likeminded people.
Probable answer: "Sorry can`t tell you. I´m not from this town, I´m just visiting a friend. I had actually hoped that you would know where such a place is"  

osirisgoauldgoddess

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:56 am
Blackrose Kaire
DreamerSpirit
Blackrose Kaire

I'm home schooled,so I don;t usually socialize with the people my own age around here,although I was once a bystander in a fight between 2 goth kids in wallmart...Long story short it started with a simple "Hi" eek But ofcourse it's not just the 'goth' kids who are violent around here,it's pretty much everyone except for the old people in walkers...I think something must be in the water here.

I usually hang out with adults instead of teenagers...While other teenage girls are talking about fashion and boys I'm talking about politics and gas prices xd I've yet to meet older goths though because it's more of a phase for the teens here.I think there is like ummm.....maybe 7 goths in the whole town...and I heard one of them made some shooting threats and ever since then the rest of the goths,me,and the metal dudes have gotten nothing but crap from people,it's sad really,but it's understandable I suppose.

The whole thing about goth being a 'phase' among teenagers in your town it a complete 360 from what I've observed in my city. I've met about three teenagers in my city who seem to be somewhat gothy, but of those three, I think that only one of them will remain somewhat gothic beyond her early twenties.

On the contrary, I've met at least eight goths who are over 21, and of those, half were over 30.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:42 am
Normal stuff...  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:43 pm

I just talk about anything. But where I go to school there is only a few goths and then the poser ones. I still new to the goth culture, yes I'm a baby bat, but the goth I sit with at lunch doesn't like me at all for some reason (never did talk to her) but I don't care. But the ones I do talk to talk about everything and it gets really really random.

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff