Reply Rude Discussion
Where I live... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethal_Injektion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:11 pm
In the Los Angeles area the only English Ska heard are Voodoo Glow Skulls!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:32 pm
I used to be a HUGE VGS fan.
But I really haven't listened to those guys in a really long time.

What are some non-English bands you like/hear?  

King Of The Ska
Captain

Lethal_Injektion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:09 pm
King Of The Ska
I used to be a HUGE VGS fan.
But I really haven't listened to those guys in a really long time.

What are some non-English bands you like/hear?

Well i'm pretty sure Sekta Core is known....
I'll message you some links for bands  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:02 am
Untrue.

Chris Murray hosts "Bluebeat Lounge" EVERY tuesday @ the Knitting Factory. And there is a wide range of stellar ska bands who sing in english as well as ones that sing in espanol. I'd say 80% english speakers though. $5 ALL AGES! Every Tuesday nite.  

Throwaway Style

Lethal_Injektion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:31 pm
NinjaLifer
Untrue.

Chris Murray hosts "Bluebeat Lounge" EVERY tuesday @ the Knitting Factory. And there is a wide range of stellar ska bands who sing in english as well as ones that sing in espanol. I'd say 80% english speakers though. $5 ALL AGES! Every Tuesday nite.

But the Spanish ones are more known and popular in the LA area  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:09 pm
Ska-P is Spanish!  

MCS4evr0

psycho ska

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:04 pm
Ha saying tha VGS is an english speaking band is stretching it a bit. More like bilingual or how ever you spell it. But ya the ska-core scene is growing a lot in riverside too.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:58 am
MCS4evr0
Ska-P is Spanish!
Yeah they are but the local bands made their own genre. Thanks to Chencha Berrinches then years ago most Ska bands in southern cali play "Mexiska"  

Lethal_Injektion

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:45 pm
psychosamurai0
Ha saying tha VGS is an english speaking band is stretching it a bit. More like bilingual or how ever you spell it. But ya the ska-core scene is growing a lot in riverside too.

their new CD is all english. their only all spanish CD was the spanish firme I believe? idk. poitn being, they do a lot in english. and when the other bands in the area do EVERYTHING in spanish, VGS can lean towards the english side.

Dance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:27 pm
Guns of Navarone
psychosamurai0

their new CD is all english. their only all spanish CD was the spanish firme I believe? idk. poitn being, they do a lot in english. and when the other bands in the area do EVERYTHING in spanish, VGS can lean towards the english side.

Dance

O I am not saying that they dont do some english too but they also do a lot of spanish stuff. Their cd Adicción, Tradición, Revolución is a lot of spanish too. But ya I kno what you mean by they do everything in spanish. Their are some pretty good spanish ska-core bands though.  

psycho ska

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:17 pm
psychosamurai0
Guns of Navarone
psychosamurai0

Dance

O I am not saying that they dont do some english too but they also do a lot of spanish stuff. Their cd Adicción, Tradición, Revolución is a lot of spanish too. But ya I kno what you mean by they do everything in spanish. Their are some pretty good spanish ska-core bands though.

Yeah, I'm just saying I believe his point is that compaired to spanish bands, VGS seems like an english band.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:32 pm
Guns of Navarone
psychosamurai0
Guns of Navarone
psychosamurai0

Dance

Yeah, I'm just saying I believe his point is that compaired to spanish bands, VGS seems like an english band.

Dance

In comparison, ya I will agree with ya guys there.  

psycho ska

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:34 pm
psychosamurai0
Guns of Navarone
psychosamurai0
Guns of Navarone
psychosamurai0

Dance

Dance

yeah thats all he meant. but yeah, Nada en la Cabeza is definitely one of their best songs ever so I'm not saying they don't do Spanish songs.

Dance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:57 am
Guns of Navarone
psychosamurai0
Guns of Navarone
psychosamurai0
Guns of Navarone
psychosamurai0

Dance

Dance

yeah thats all he meant. but yeah, Nada en la Cabeza is definitely one of their best songs ever so I'm not saying they don't do Spanish songs.

Dance

Ha very awesome. How about El Coo Cooi? Songs so fun live.  

psycho ska

Chill morte

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:51 pm

I wouldnt really know. I live in England.
But it seems kinda crappy if band you like never play near you.

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff