Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]
Cheesecube! :D [Taken] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.[ Cheesecube ].

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:10 am
User Image

You can call me by Cheesecube or really anything you want. My real name is Cassie, if you prefer that. I live in california. I've been drawing basically my entire life, but didn't start to take it seriously until sixth grade. I took art two years in highschool and one year of ceramics. In my junior summer, I attended the california state summer school of the arts for painting and my skill level greatly increased. This summer I am moving to San Francisco and will be attending the San Franscisco Art institute with a $15,000 scholarship to join the alumni of the school such as Gutzam Borglam, the creator of Mount Rushmore, Paul McCarthy, and many other artists notable in the industry. Currently, I am undertrained, I have not completed or hardly even started my real schooling, I am not a master of what I do. But I will be becoming one, and I can pass on what I am learning to my pupil.

If you are my mentee, I do not want someone lazy, know that now. I want someone dedicated, who I can give weekly assignments to, who I can help with their anatomy, painting, technique- everything. I want someone to really train. If you do not truly want to work for improvement, do not ask me to take you on.

Also, I am asking for a traditional artist; not digital. I do not believe digital media isn't an art form, I tampered with it for a few years, but for now, paint tubes are my focus.

For a nice, hearty stack of examples, take a look at my Deviant art Gallery

I don't really like guilds that much- I would prefer if you would PM me.

If you would like to post in the thread asking for help on something, you may do so without being a designated mentee.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:24 pm
/coughcoughhackcoughhh...

Yess....  

.[ Cheesecube ].

Yuri Mono

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 pm
..soooo i'm not actually in the guild...but i did put in a request.
And, i'm doing a RL commision for someone on gaia, and i've posted one of my examples here, It's a bit....off, seeing as i'm not that good at realism...but I would like some pointers and such to make my art better!
and yes, i know his hand is all sorts of funked up, but this is only a rough sketch sooo.... yea..
Thanks in advance!!!

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:27 pm
God, I'm so sorry I haven't responded yet; I redlined this the day after you postd, but my computer wouldn't let me upload it until very recently. D:

User Image

I outlined in red for basic structure of the body; green for the more defined body, and purple for the clothes.

Now, there are a few things that cause this to look a little off; The first thing I noticed was his torso. It's too skinny to go with his arms; there needs to be more there. Don't forget that he's hunched over; some people are afraid to draw someone's back while hunched because it can turn out awkward, but it ends up worse if you leave it out.

Right, so; Flesh out his torso a bit more so he doesn't have prominent arms but a tiny chest. His makes him look dissporportioned.

The second biggest thing I noticed was the length of his arm; it's too long, and if he were to stand up, would fall well to his knee. Even though we can't directly see this, our mind has tendancies to notice the arm lenth no matter what the position of the rest of the body, and this can make the subject of the composition look very ape-like and primative.

The face: The angle of the head/face isn't in line with the rest of his body; If you need help knowing how to align the face/head to the body, try drawing the spine how it would naturally go, and that can help. The main thing that throws off the face is the cheek/chin [Or left outline of the face] and the position of the mouth. The mouth and chin are both too far over to the right, and need to be moved over.

The hair: I realize this is a rough draft, but the hair is.. Well, scribbles placed on top of his head. Hair needs to flow more naturally, even in a rough sketch.

The dog: I don't know much at all about canine anatomy, but I can induce that the dog's head is too large' Try shinking it down a tad. I also noticed that his back legs see too short.

I really like how you've done the legs; I've never been able to draw them in that position, but the way you've drawn them looks very good. :3

Overall, this is a good composition; it just needs a few tweaks towards more realistic anatomy, and it'll turn out awesome! biggrin

Anyhow, I hope that helps. :3 I suppose I ought to pm you now letting you know I responded, since I took so long getting to this like a lame wad.. Heh..

sweatdrop  

.[ Cheesecube ].

Yuri Mono

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:37 pm
Thankyou sooo much!!
This has been a huge help.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:26 pm
Yuri Mono
Thankyou sooo much!!
This has been a huge help.
3nodding

^_^ You're welcome! Anytime you need help, I'll be here. :3  

.[ Cheesecube ].

Miki Hikari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:51 am
If possible I would like to be a designated mentee, I would really like to learn how to do realistic things, right now I pretty much just do abstract and cartoony. All of my art is traditional though because I don't have any program to make art on the computer crying

Here are a few examples
User Image
User Image
User Image

I can be reached through Aim or msn or whatever is convenient for you.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:13 pm
Miki Hikari
If possible I would like to be a designated mentee, I would really like to learn how to do realistic things, right now I pretty much just do abstract and cartoony. All of my art is traditional though because I don't have any program to make art on the computer crying

Here are a few examples
User Image
User Image
User Image

I can be reached through Aim or msn or whatever is convenient for you.

Allright, awesome. ^_^ I can help some with traditional, as well; I just don't have many examples of my traditional media because most are too big for my scanner. :3 I'll pm you to let you know!  

.[ Cheesecube ].

Tsunade the fabulous ^^

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:44 pm
Can I be a mentee?? I like art and am fair at most things art related, but horrid at drawing men. whee

Here's my gallery:

http://poptort.deviantart.com  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:57 pm
Tsunade the fabulous ^^
Can I be a mentee?? I like art and am fair at most things art related, but horrid at drawing men. whee

Here's my gallery:

Yeah, definately!! Sorry it took me so long to respond- I've been busy the past couple of days, heheh. :]

Whenever you need help with something, post it here or pm it to me- and if you want to to start giving you like weekly assignments or anything to help you improve, let me know. : D  

.[ Cheesecube ].

Tsunade the fabulous ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:32 pm
.[ Cheesecube ].
Tsunade the fabulous ^^

Here's my gallery:

Yeah, definately!! Sorry it took me so long to respond- I've been busy the past couple of days, heheh. :]

Whenever you need help with something, post it here or pm it to me- and if you want to to start giving you like weekly assignments or anything to help you improve, let me know. : D

that sounds cool! I'd like weekly assignments ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:56 pm
Okay! :] I'll think up some assignments for you over the night to help you improve on male anatomy, and then I'll send them to you tomarrow. :]  

.[ Cheesecube ].

.[ Cheesecube ].

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:49 am
activity post  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:32 am
Okay, so I haven't heard from either of my mentee's since I gave you your assignments.. So uh.. I'm going to copy Vena and give you 10 days to post and show your activity here, then I'm going to clear the list.  

.[ Cheesecube ].

.[ Cheesecube ].

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:40 am
I've edited everything up.  
Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items