Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Extended Discussion
Alchemy; A dark art or the way of life? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this an enjoyable subject?
  Yes
  Somewhat
  No
View Results

Niko Bleau

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:02 am
What are your thoughts on Alchemic means? Not just the shows like Fullmetal Alchemist (visit the following site, just copy and paste in the URL bar: http://iamtheperson.deviantart.com/art/Human-Transmutation-Circle-FMA-67101365) but the true meaning and realness of Alchemy. I'm starting my own Alchemic lab and I was just wondering what other people think about the subject (not my lab or me). Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:55 am
Its basically a form science, based on the principle of converting matter into other matter via molecular and chemical manipulation.

Nothing, dark or evil or life leading about it.  

Rellik San
Captain

Toast Of Legend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:44 am
alchemy is in actuality a wonderful subject. my high school science project (that went to nationals by the way) was on modern alchemy. i worked to transmute a rather unstable isotope of mercury into gold 195, the form of gold that is stable and used commercially in jewelry and such. i even succeeded, the only problem is that the isotope of mercury was more costly than the amount of gold created.

so if that answers your question, no alchemy is not evil, i still enjoy studying it now that i am in college. and when people tell you you are crazy for practicing alchemy, and they will, just inform them that nuclear power is a form of alchemy ( transmuting uranium into einsteinium, americium, curium, francium, etc.). and that gunpowder was discovered by chinese alchemists  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:32 pm
alchemy is just a weird way of saying chemistry  

The Dadalorian
Crew

wiccan of the moon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:55 pm
I personally may be a Christian, but my views on this matter are not of the Bible.
I believe that both alchemists and wiccans(what you call 'witches') are both following a path they were shown by ancestors or that they choose to follow what they believe in. I can't blame them for that. I personally think the only type of "witchcraft" that is dangerous is science. Science is the enemy not wiccans or alchemists.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:49 am
queen_of_wolves15
I personally may be a Christian, but my views on this matter are not of the Bible.
I believe that both alchemists and wiccans(what you call 'witches') are both following a path they were shown by ancestors or that they choose to follow what they believe in. I can't blame them for that. I personally think the only type of "witchcraft" that is dangerous is science. Science is the enemy not wiccans or alchemists.

Thats an interesting defence mechanism you christians have, because science can lead to questions of faith "Its the work of the devil". Never mind the fact that without it we would still be living in caves, or do you forget the paper making process so you have a bible to read is a form of science?  

Rellik San
Captain

wiccan of the moon

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:21 pm
Rellik San
queen_of_wolves15

Thats an interesting defence mechanism you christians have, because science can lead to questions of faith "Its the work of the devil". Never mind the fact that without it we would still be living in caves, or do you forget the paper making process so you have a bible to read is a form of science?

Sorry, Rellik San, since then I've become a different religion. But I never liked science. I found it interesting how the thought of science was made, but I never liked it. I found it quite stupid, however, it has some interesting thoughts. Though the thought of evolution, I still find hard to accept. I also don't like the idea of creation anymore, either. I find all of that kind of crap hard to believe. I still believe science is the enemy. I said in the first line: My views on this matter are not that of the bible.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:16 am
wiccan of the moon
Rellik San
queen_of_wolves15

Sorry, Rellik San, since then I've become a different religion. But I never liked science. I found it interesting how the thought of science was made, but I never liked it. I found it quite stupid, however, it has some interesting thoughts. Though the thought of evolution, I still find hard to accept. I also don't like the idea of creation anymore, either. I find all of that kind of crap hard to believe. I still believe science is the enemy. I said in the first line: My views on this matter are not that of the bible.

Why is science the enemy then? Why is something that has allowed millions of people to live happily for millenia the enemy? WHy would you not want humanity to have advanced from the Neanderthalic realms, after all discovering fire was a form of science.  

Rellik San
Captain

wiccan of the moon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 pm
Rellik San
wiccan of the moon
Rellik San
queen_of_wolves15

Why is science the enemy then? Why is something that has allowed millions of people to live happily for millenia the enemy? WHy would you not want humanity to have advanced from the Neanderthalic realms, after all discovering fire was a form of science.

I'll agree, science has helped humanity, but what about the bad side of it? Haven't you noticed that before people knew what diseases were, they rarely got them? Haven't you noticed that people are dying at younger ages? Being conscious of these things is what's making us catch the diseases. It's all a mental dilemma. You think that you're sick, you become sick. Knowing the effects of these diseases is what is killing us. Though, you probably don't understand a word I'm saying, so.... Whatever.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:57 pm
wiccan of the moon
I'll agree, science has helped humanity, but what about the bad side of it? Haven't you noticed that before people knew what diseases were, they rarely got them? Haven't you noticed that people are dying at younger ages? Being conscious of these things is what's making us catch the diseases. It's all a mental dilemma. You think that you're sick, you become sick. Knowing the effects of these diseases is what is killing us. Though, you probably don't understand a word I'm saying, so.... Whatever.
We rarely got them cos we didn't know what diseases were. How do you diagnose and report something when you're not even aware of what it is, short answer is; you can't. People are living to an average of 80 these days, now call me crazy but thats a pretty good age, alot of what this is, isn't so much the mental dillemea of illness but its people jumping to illogical conclusions.  

Rellik San
Captain

wiccan of the moon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 pm
Rellik San
wiccan of the moon
We rarely got them cos we didn't know what diseases were. How do you diagnose and report something when you're not even aware of what it is, short answer is; you can't. People are living to an average of 80 these days, now call me crazy but thats a pretty good age, alot of what this is, isn't so much the mental dillemea of illness but its people jumping to illogical conclusions.

Not knowing what it was helped people live longer. I agree with that last sentence though. I'm not gonna argue with you, because I'm already mad and don't want to lash out at someone I don't know.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:40 pm
wiccan of the moon
Rellik San
wiccan of the moon

Not knowing what it was helped people live longer. I agree with that last sentence though. I'm not gonna argue with you, because I'm already mad and don't want to lash out at someone I don't know.
Lash out all you want, its words on a computer screen, ain't exactly gonna do much to me. Sure people being aware of stuff makes them stress about it, but lets be honest a moment. Those who stress about those things are morons and if I'm honest the planet would be a better place without them.  

Rellik San
Captain

wiccan of the moon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:02 pm
Quote:
Lash out all you want, its words on a computer screen, ain't exactly gonna do much to me. Sure people being aware of stuff makes them stress about it, but lets be honest a moment. Those who stress about those things are morons and if I'm honest the planet would be a better place without them.
I agree that s**t is the stupidity of humanity, but so is a lot of stuff. The hole in the ozone layer is caused by rockets. Yet people refuse to believe it. If we would blame each other for all the crap going on, then there would be a problem wouldn't there? Plus stupidity and ignorance are two traits that humanity will never lose. I honestly just have a pet peeve about scientific theories. Then again, so did my seventh grade science teacher. So let's leave it at that, shall we? We obviously agree about human stupidity....  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:37 am
wiccan of the moon
Quote:
I agree that s**t is the stupidity of humanity, but so is a lot of stuff. The hole in the ozone layer is caused by rockets. Yet people refuse to believe it. If we would blame each other for all the crap going on, then there would be a problem wouldn't there? Plus stupidity and ignorance are two traits that humanity will never lose. I honestly just have a pet peeve about scientific theories. Then again, so did my seventh grade science teacher. So let's leave it at that, shall we? We obviously agree about human stupidity....
The hole in the OZONE layer, you mean the hole that if I recall has now been confirmed a MYTH?  

Rellik San
Captain

wiccan of the moon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:52 pm
Ah, yes. But as I remember it was "confirmed" by NASA, who is causing the hole. Do you really think they're going to tell people there is actually a hole when they know they're causing it?  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff