Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
T.O.A.D -=The Other Animanga Discussion=- Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-Rorein

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:52 pm
We all know that .hack//Sign and .hack//Roots are great anime, But every once in a while wouldn't it be great to discuss other anime and manga with your guild mates?

Possible topics/Spoon Feed:
The cruelty of bad english dubs:
The Cruelty of bad scanlations:
Your favorite manga/anime:
Your favorite manga/anime:
Bad Manga to Anime Transitions: [and vise versa]
The All time worst/best anime or manga: [ in your opinion]
Pairings[of all kinds]:
Voice Actors and Seiyū:
Anime Manga suggestions:
Funniest animanga :
Saddest animanga:
Etc..etc

P.S. Please try to keep bashing to a minmum, we don't want to hurt anyone's pheelings.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:05 pm
CRACK PAIRINGS ARE ALWAYS FUN:

INUYASHAxYuki(fruits basket)

Anyways, the dubbed/English Naruto episodes on Cartoon Network are...horrible..

Especially Naruto's voice, it's like Ash's voice on Pokemon... Dx

Euphemius

Vice Captain

Lonely Explorer

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Oh god, this is going to be long...

I don't like a lot of English dubs, especially when I'm so used to the subbed version of it. But there are some dubs that I love like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo and Trigun (and there's more... I just can't think of any at the moment). I don't have any favorite Japanese voice actors since I'm horrible at recognizing them but I do have a favorite American voice actor; Crispin Freeman. heart

I haven't had a lot of issues with crappy scanalations though. Sure, I'll spot some poor grammar or a typo but it doesn't bother me too much. I'd rather get a file of it than have to buy it but if the series is really good, or if I can't find it online, I'll either buy it or borrow it from my friends.

My favorite anime/manga would have to be Naruto though. I just wish it wasn't as popular as it is since a lot (read: approximately 97%) of the fans tend to piss me off. After it got really popular, for a while I was almost ashamed to admit that I was a Naruto fan because I didn't want to get lumped in with the uh, special chunk of the fanbase. But it's one of my fandoms and it's one of the few things my best friend and I enjoyed watching together as well as have serious (not even kidding) discussions over it and we'd always tried to predict what would happen in the next episode. XD

And because it's so popular, I told myself I'd never do a Naruto cosplay ever again. But uh, here I am, doing a timeskip cosplay with a friend. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE SINNED. Though I'm pretty sure no one will even recognize me unless they've read the beginning of the timeskip manga and/or the latest chapters. And dammit, I'm determined to be the best timeskip Shino EVER.

I also really like .hack (obviously), Hellsing, Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, Death Note, Loveless, Air Gear, Prince of Tennis, Saiyuki, Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.

My least favorite would have to be almost anything involving heavy amounts of romance (there are VERY few exceptions). I can handle small amounts of it and almost ever series has some in it, but when it's the main focus of the story, I don't really want to read/watch it. I also don't like a lot of shoujo for that reason. In an anime/manga, I want to see some action. I want fight scenes. I want people to die. And if it's bloody, it's even better.
I also don't like a lot of CLAMP's stuff because I'm not too find of the art style and sure, some of their series are cute but it's hard for me to get into them.

So anime/manga series that I dislike would be InuYasha, Card Captor Sakura, Kikaider, Princess Ai (I liked the art and that's about it), Magic Knight Rayearth, Tenchi Muyo and Love Hina.

Dammit, now I feel like sitting here for 457397 hours and downloading all the timeskip Naruto volumes/chapters I'm missing. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, ROREIN.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:53 am
Pink Plastic Ninja

My favorite anime/manga would have to be Naruto though. I just wish it wasn't as popular as it is since a lot (read: approximately 97%) of the fans tend to piss me off. After it got really popular, for a while I was almost ashamed to admit that I was a Naruto fan because I didn't want to get lumped in with the uh, special chunk of the fanbase. But it's one of my fandoms and it's one of the few things my best friend and I enjoyed watching together as well as have serious (not even kidding) discussions over it and we'd always tried to predict what would happen in the next episode. XD
And because it's so popular, I told myself I'd never do a Naruto cosplay ever again. But uh, here I am, doing a timeskip cosplay with a friend. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE SINNED. Though I'm pretty sure no one will even recognize me unless they've read the beginning of the timeskip manga and/or the latest chapters. And dammit, I'm determined to be the best timeskip Shino EVER.

Shino looks like a drug dealer. Anyway I stopped reading Naruto around chapter 435, smething painfully predictable happens ;<
And I think most Narutards should go die D:<

Pink Plastic Ninja

I also really like .hack (obviously), Hellsing, Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, Death Note, Loveless, Air Gear, Prince of Tennis, Saiyuki, Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.
Omg Saiyuki <3 [/fangasm]
Loveless creeps me out. ;<

Pink Plastic Ninja

My least favorite would have to be almost anything involving heavy amounts of romance (there are VERY few exceptions). I can handle small amounts of it and almost ever series has some in it, but when it's the main focus of the story, I don't really want to read/watch it. I also don't like a lot of shoujo for that reason. In an anime/manga, I want to see some action. I want fight scenes. I want people to die. And if it's bloody, it's even better.

Some shojo I like, some not so much. For me it was to be effing hilaruos, slightly angsty, or have an amazing plot.
Sadly that only applies to .1% of shojo manga

Pink Plastic Ninja

So anime/manga seris that I dislike would be InuYasha, Card Captor Sakura, Kikaider, Princess Ai (I liked the art and that's about it), Magic Knight Rayearth, Tenchi Muyo and Love Hina.
THOSE ARE MADE OF HATE AND SIN, with the exception of Tenchi Muyo I think its hilarious ;D
Pink Plastic Ninja

Dammit, now I feel like sitting here for 457397 hours and downloading all the timeskip Naruto volumes/chapters I'm missing. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, ROREIN.
I love you to PPN ;D
@Saucey- DD; Yuki should not be tainted by that mutt’s mangy paws
They also did a really bad job on Lee’s voice too

x-Rorein

Euphemius

Vice Captain

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:03 am
WOW PPN LETZ RITE PARAGRAFFS.

XD I know.

I'd write paragraphs like how PPN did, but I have a cosplay meeting in an hour or so, so I should be getting ready and stuff.

<3 ILY ROREIN. <3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:56 pm
ILU2 Have fun at your cosplay meeting ;D  

x-Rorein

Destry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:34 am
Mm, bad dubs and scanlations are things I avoid just by nature. I don't watch a lot of anime, and if a scanlation is bad, I don't care how much I want to read it, I just don't. I hate it when a Japanese person will translate it, and then NO ENGLISH EDITOR LOOKS IT OVER. Like it's that difficult for someone to double check and make it friggin' understandable! It annoys me to read "Hello Conan, how feeling are you?? Today us are park going to. (:" Yeah. Enough of that.

My favorite manga is Confidential Confessions. <3 Followed by Yami no Matsuei, Yotsuba&!, and Pokemon Adventures. In the anime department, my favorite is Pokemon (I know, I know), followed again by Yami no Matsuei, .hack//SIGN, and then Detective Conan. Eh.

Manga I don't really care for...
... there's a lot, actually. Mainly I dislike Inuyasha and Naruto. Sorry to the people who are in those fandoms, but. p: Not my thing.

Too lazy to really go on, so well. XD Manga suggestions! Confidential Confessions if you're for real-life situations and problems, No Doubt for a girly high school manga, Tramps Like Us for a cute romance manga, Imadoki for more girly stuff, Yami no Matsuei for gayLOVE, and uhm. Oh! Also Antique Bakery, Cantarella, Voices of a Distant Star, Yotsuba&!, and... I need to stop listing, I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:20 pm
Personally, the issue of bad scanlations doesn't really affect me. I generally wait for comics to come out here when I read them. However, I can't stand bad fansubs. I once watched a fansub of Zombie-Loan. The show itself is not very confusing at all. However, the subtitles had so many grammar errors that I had no idea what was going on.

Dubs... I admit it, I am a shameless dub-lover. Hell, I even liked the Gravitation dub, which 90% of the fans of the series avoid like the plague. I admit, there are terrible ones out there (I'm looking at YOU, American edit of Cardcaptor Sakura!), but for the most part, I'm very tolerant.

My favorites would be way too long to list. xd But recent addictions beyond .hack: comics would be W Juliet and Ouran High School Host Club. Cartoons would be Mononoke [WHICH IS SUCH A GOOD SHOW alkjf;alkjfakl;jf], Bomberman Jetterz, and Zombie-Loan. Also, I really want to finish Princess Tutu. Laugh all you want at the name, it's such an amazing show.

... Oh god. Most people probably know this by now, but my absolute favorite voice actor ever is Takahiro Sakurai. He plays Older Loki [Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok], Cloud [FFVII and its various sequels/spin-offs], Haseo [take a wild guess], Yuri Shibuya [Kyou Kara Maoh!], Russian [King of Bandit Jing], Shito Tachibana [Zombie-Loan], Genbu no Shin[?] [Saint Beast], Kazuki Endo [Gakuen Heaven], the Medicine Seller [Mononoke], and a whole lot of other people who I cannot seem to recall off the top of my head. His voice makes me giggle in fangirlish delight.

Other voice actors I heart include Omi Minami, Yuri Lowenthal, Johnny Yong Bosch, Kelly Cousins, Steve Blum, Crispin Freeman, and lots of others.

Ohohoho~
Anime suggestions: MONONOKE. emo More people need to watch this series. Other than that, the world needs more fans of King of Bandit Jing, Bomberman Jetterz, Kino's Journey, Majutsushi (or Sorcerous Stabber, whichever you prefer) Orphen, Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, and maybe s'more Angelic Layer.
Manga suggestions: If you're into the cheesy romantic comedy-type stuff, I'd recommend W Juliet. Though, it will confuse your sexuality. =< The comic version of King of Bandit Jing is definitely worth a read. Definitely.

Least favorite series are the usual banes: InuYasha and Naruto. I could never really get into Bleach, but I don't really hate it or anything. I'm more indifferent towards it.  

fk12

Jack2634

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:25 pm
Hm....Favorites? My all time favorite anime is Neon Genesis Evangelion, with FLCL coming up as a close second, and .hack//SIGN coming up in third.

As for manga, I can't really say I have one, but if I had to pick, I'd go with Sgt. Frog.

I'll admit, due to my location, manga is rather limited, so I do what I can.

What do I hate? Fruit Baskets, Inuyasha, and one other anime I can't remember the name of right now, something about some girl named Haruhi.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:10 am
razz  

Thefallacy_of_BlueInnis

fk12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:08 pm
Jack2634
something about some girl named Haruhi.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Ouran High School Host Club?

sweatdrop Those are the only Haruhis I can think of.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:56 pm
fk12
Jack2634
something about some girl named Haruhi.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Ouran High School Host Club?

sweatdrop Those are the only Haruhis I can think of.

Thank you, yes, I don't like either of those, actually.  

Jack2634

x-Rorein

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:44 pm
Jack, Why do you dislike the amazing fluff That is Ouran High School Host Club?
You don't have to answer I can guess.
Also the Fruits Basket anime was a crime aginst humanity, the manga is far better and the plot is soo much better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:27 pm
x-Rorein
Jack, Why do you dislike the amazing fluff That is Ouran High School Host Club?
You don't have to answer I can guess.
Also the Fruits Basket anime was a crime aginst humanity, the manga is far better and the plot is soo much better.

Yeah, the anime was pretty disappointing. Cute, but disappointing. ):

I've never seen/read/whatever Ouran High School Host Club. All I know about it is that there are twins, and in result of that, never-ending twincest fans. XD

Destry

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:01 pm
COWBOY BEBOP IS SOO BACK ON CN!

8D

I like lots. The list is really long D<
Manga is my best friend <3
W JULIET IS LIK MY CRACK. I NEED VOLUMES 4 6 AND 8 AND 9 AND 10 11. D=
I like different things. I'm really into Gacah Gacha manga series and I love Negima anime and Rurouni Kenshin :3
I say for anime suggestions.....Um....Cowboy bebop for one. Trigun. Sexy. Vash. With. His. DOnuts. Um I also have to say Ecel saga.
Manga I say SHOJO. Any. Like WJ and Hana kimi =D
YAMI NO Matsuei is just...wow. But I hate th3 creator for keeping it on hitaus! >< Or w/e you spell it as XD
Other Anime I can;t get ENOUGH of. Azumanga Diaoh. IT'S BEEN ON MY BRAIN ALL NIGHT D=
I am and kinda still lyking Naru. Sorta O.o my school has 51% of ppl lyke Naruto.
Read a lot of manga. The list goes on.
I like these manga: Fruits Basket(manga, anime is Okkey) Pretear, Princess tutu, Hana-Kimi, W Juliet, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Voice, One, Shinshi Doumei Cross, Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Aishiteruze Baby, Beauty Pop, Ceres, Fushigi Yugi, Iamdoki, GodChild, the Cain Saga, Skip beat, Ouran Koukou Host Club, Kodocha, Sailormoon,  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff