Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Panic! At The Disco, Allow Me To Apologize. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nine in the...
  morning.
  afternoon.
  night.
View Results

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:59 pm
I'm sorry Brendon, Jon.
Spencer and Ryan. I'm sorry.

Yesterday, I had a thought come my head. I was thinking about how they've grown. Like, just getting out of high school...and jumping into millions of fans screaming their names.

I think that I need to give them more slack about their new album being so different from A Fever You Can't Sweat Out.

They went from being teenagers to adults in the public eye.

They wrote those songs before they saw the world. Before they saw anything. As a teenager, any teenager, the only thing you really see is your own town. Your school. Your local resturant, and maybe the public library. They were stuck in Las Vegas, Nevada. Sure, they might have traveled to a different country or state for a week or two, but that doesnt matter as a teenager. You don't really think about it that much. You just want your internet and cell phone, and you'll be happy. You don't see into the future. You just see your math test on Tuesday that you're going to fail, and what's the "special of the day" while you're waiting in line for lunch. Oh, and that skate boarding trick that you've been dying to get.

Like any boys their age, the boys in Panic! At The Disco wanted to start a rock band, so they started one. They were interested in the berlesque era, so they wrote about it. They were interested in sex, so they wrote about it. Ryan was still upset about his girlfriend cheating on him, so he wrote about it. They also thought that adding a techno backdrop to the first half of their album made it sound "cool," so they added it. Sure, why not?

They didn't look beyond what's inside their walls. They were just kids.
"Mom, can you make me a sandwhich?"

They wrote about things that interested them.
"Ohhh. So that's why so many teenagers are attracted to their music."
Most teenagers like the same thing, no? Are uniqueness makes us all the same. Seriously, what kind of teenager doesn't want to listen to a song about a "harlequin girl" and "testosterone boy" "dancing" to a "beat," and holding a lover close?

Translation: Seriously, what kind of teenager doesn't want to listen to a song about a female and a male having sex, while holding each other close?

What kind of teenager doesn't feel badass when they sing along to a song that says, "whore" and "closing the Goddamn door?"

There's really no question as to why they got so big so fast. They were teenagers, who wrote songs. What group of people in this world listens to music most? Teenagers. What did Panic! At The Disco write songs about? Things that interest teenagers.

Now Panic! At The Disco are adults. They've seen the world. They've traveled to more states and countries than they ever thought they would have in a lifetime. They've seen more, and had so much experience. They've seen other cultures, and they all know how to say "thank you" and count to three in about fifteen other languages. They've had serious relationships. They've had sex. They are done with the stupid drama packed puppy love that gets thrown around in high school. Been there, done that. They've heard music from other countries that would sound abnormal to their friends back in United States.

It's no wonder why they want to make their music more universal now.

Of course they want to get rid of the words that even English speaking countries don't understand.
Of course they don't want to add a techno background beat. They know how hard it is to add that in a live performance.
Of course they don't want to make it so complex that you have to literally -break a leg- while on stage.

I'm sorry, Panic! At The Disco.
I'm sorry for being so harsh about your new album.
I love your new music either way.

Discuss.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:44 am
User ImageI love you so much it hurtsUser Image

Woah, I've never looked at it that way. But when I think about it, you're completely right. I'll miss it, but now that everyone's trying to sound like Panic!, we'll have enough techno & accordion beats for a lifetime. They won't be as good as the real thing, but we also have Fever.
Now I feel guilty and totally wrong, but I freaking DESERVE it. sweatdrop I've been talking about how it's not going to be as good, but now i realize it'll be just as good, but a little different.

tattoo fish

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:49 am
Prime, this is why I love you.
At least partly xp

You're completely right, about everything. And you've worded it so well wink heart

I don't think I've been too harsh on them though. I love the songs they've played so far (I even liked True Love) and I've pretty much felt like I trust them enough to know that they're going to make an amazing album, no matter how different it is to A Fever. Plus, they've always said they're not going to make A Fever You Can't Sweat Part II (so to speak) because that would be boring, for them and for the fans. No one wants to write the same album twice, y'know.

The fact that they're growing up and that their style is changing and growing with them just proves to me that they're going to be around for a while, even if they're never as successful as they were during the P!ATD craze of 2006. They'll still be making music that they like and that they're proud of, which is what matters most. Because if they're all passionate about it, you know it's gonna be good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:26 pm
tattoo fish

Woah, I've never looked at it that way. But when I think about it, you're completely right. I'll miss it, but now that everyone's trying to sound like Panic!, we'll have enough techno & accordion beats for a lifetime. They won't be as good as the real thing, but we also have Fever.
Now I feel guilty and totally wrong, but I freaking DESERVE it. sweatdrop I've been talking about how it's not going to be as good, but now i realize it'll be just as good, but a little different.

Oh, sweetie, you don't deserve anything of that sort. It was just shock.

I think I just kind of panicked when I heard how different their new songs are. (no pun intended.) sweatdrop It just kind of scared me. But after thinking it through...I guess I can understand the change.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:29 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
Prime, this is why I love you.
At least partly xp

You're completely right, about everything. And you've worded it so well wink heart

I don't think I've been too harsh on them though. I love the songs they've played so far (I even liked True Love) and I've pretty much felt like I trust them enough to know that they're going to make an amazing album, no matter how different it is to A Fever. Plus, they've always said they're not going to make A Fever You Can't Sweat Part II (so to speak) because that would be boring, for them and for the fans. No one wants to write the same album twice, y'know.

The fact that they're growing up and that their style is changing and growing with them just proves to me that they're going to be around for a while, even if they're never as successful as they were during the P!ATD craze of 2006. They'll still be making music that they like and that they're proud of, which is what matters most. Because if they're all passionate about it, you know it's gonna be good.

ILY2. <3
Thanksss!

I think that when they said that they weren't going to make the same album twice, I didn't realize that they were going to completely change their style of music. I understood that they were going to have a different sound, but I just didn't expect this much of a change...

It's good. Just different.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:02 pm
You know, fans reacted to Fall Out Boy's change the same way.

Every band will morph, every band has nothing set in stone. The fans just have to morph with them.  

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

Bilvy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:43 pm
Oh snap, I've never thought about it that way!
sweatdrop gonk
"Of course they want to get rid of the words that even English speaking countries don't understand."
That made me 'lol' though.
Eh, Prime, you think sooo much. Maybe to the point where your IQ is as high as Einstein's.
I've never really realized that every band grows...
I guess I do now. Thanks for clearing that up in my mind!
Oh, and I also feel pretty bad for complaining about how much they've changed and everything... I should apologize too!
Sooorry.
sad  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:44 pm
~[girlygirl]~

Every band will morph, every band has nothing set in stone. The fans just have to morph with them.

Although I don't know much about Fall Out Boy, I think Fall Out Boy's "changing phase" was different. Because Fall Out Boy was underground for so long, I think most of their fans just freaked out because all the sudden they burst into the mainstream...I don't really think they changed that much musically.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:47 pm
Bilvy
sweatdrop gonk
"Of course they want to get rid of the words that even English speaking countries don't understand."
Eh, Prime, you think sooo much. Maybe to the point where your IQ is as high as Einstein's.
Oh, and I also feel pretty bad for complaining about how much they've changed and everything... I should apologize too!
Sooorry.
sad

Oh, dear. xd I don't think that I think near as smart as much as Einstein did, but I'm flattered.

And that made me "lol" too after I re-read what I posted. redface (wow, I'm lame. I laugh at myself.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:11 am
CityScene
Bilvy
sweatdrop gonk
Sooorry.
sad

Oh, dear. xd I don't think that I think near as smart as much as Einstein did, but I'm flattered.

And that made me "lol" too after I re-read what I posted. redface (wow, I'm lame. I laugh at myself.)

Nah, you're not lame. Just funny. 3nodding

tattoo fish

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:10 am
CityScene
~[girlygirl]~

Although I don't know much about Fall Out Boy, I think Fall Out Boy's "changing phase" was different. Because Fall Out Boy was underground for so long, I think most of their fans just freaked out because all the sudden they burst into the mainstream...I don't really think they changed that much musically.
Okay hold up.
Yes they did.
They so did.

Evening Out with Your Girlfriend compared to Take This To Your Grave. Huge change. They improved tremendously. TTTYG compared to From Under the Cork Tree, okay, not that different stye-wise, but still more pop-sounding... And then My Heart Will Always Be the B-Side to My Tongue sounds way different since it's acoustic. And IOH is a frickin masterpiece.

Maybe they didn't dramatically change their style, like Panic!, but they definitely did change musically. They got better and better and better. And they used to be a lot more like.. hardcore mad D Even though that's really not the right word. But they used have to screaming and stuff in their songs. Now they have orchestral instruments. Y'know? It's like their music is more musical than it used to be.

The only part of "their sound" that hasn't changed are Pete's lyrics (so not including EOUWYG because Patrick wrote that)..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:12 am
CityScene
~[girlygirl]~

You haven't heard Infinity on High, have you?

It's different, and the fans bitched about it.

And they have been mainstream since From Under the Cork Tree. At least, I'm pretty sure they were. >.<  

Leowna

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

Leowna

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:14 am
Polyphonic Twilight
CityScene
~[girlygirl]~

Okay hold up.
Yes they did.
They so did.

Evening Out with Your Girlfriend compared to Take This To Your Grave. Huge change. They improved tremendously. TTTYG compared to From Under the Cork Tree, okay, not that different stye-wise, but still more pop-sounding... And then My Heart Will Always Be the B-Side to My Tongue sounds way different since it's acoustic. And IOH is a frickin masterpiece.

Maybe they didn't dramatically change their style, like Panic!, but they definitely did change musically. They got better and better and better. And they used to be a lot more like.. hardcore mad D Even though that's really not the right word. But they used have to screaming and stuff in their songs. Now they have orchestral instruments. Y'know? It's like their music is more musical than it used to be.

The only part of "their sound" that hasn't changed are Pete's lyrics (so not including EOUWYG because Patrick wrote that)..
They still have the screaming on a few songs. Like "The Carpal Tunnel of Love".
Though that is the only example I can come up with right now.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:01 pm
IT WAS ICE CREAM HEADACHE AND SWEET AVALANCHE!

xd
That part made me laugh when I first heard that song.

But isn't that the only song? I can't think of any other ones either...
And even though there's screaming.. it's still different xp

The people who bitched about IOH aren't real fans! xp I hate how after the video for The Take Over, The Break's Over, a bunch of people were suddenly like "aww Pete, we still love you" even though 5 minutes earlier they were complaining about how FOB were sell-outs rolleyes

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:33 pm
rofl FOB was sooo sucking up in that video. xDD But it's cute. And it's so dumb how people get pissed when bands become "sell-outs." They should be happy for them. neutral

@ Poly & girly:

From what I've heard of Fall Out Boy, which is basically their popular songs, I almost feel like they remake themselves every album. I've heard most of the songs from Infinity, not all of them, but from what I've heard I can definitely say it's not that big of a change. Nothing like how different Panic! At The Disco sounds now, from what we've heard. Taking out screaming would be like Panic! At The Disco taking out taking out their techno. It doesn't sound that different, because Panic! At The Disco definitely isn't a techno band, nor is Fall Out Boy an emotive hardcore band.

...I guess that's just my opinion. But yeah.

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff