Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Create a Job Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Belcoot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:16 pm
Something I thought would be fun. Just as the title suggest, create your own original job. Put an "official" description, how to become it, the advancements, an a list of skills (If you want). It can be realistic, funny, etc. And aside from making jokes, we can discuss the serious ones and how they can work in MS.

Here's my own.

Monk- A fighter of the body and mind. Monks are divided by two paths: The body and mind. Monks of the body, as it suggests, dedicate training their bodies and are master of the simple but powerful staff. Monks of the mind choose not to work on their body, but their intellengence. Through it, they created magic cards that explode on foes upon impact.

Weapons- Long staff/Card Tailsmens. (Tailsmens will work like stars, arrows, etc.)

Pre reg: lvl 10, 25 int.

Skills
None for now, because I'm too lazy to think them up... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:53 pm
This is rather difficult.

I'd like to base a class upon a type of weapon, or something, but Maple has pretty much done it all.

Bows, xBows, Daggers, Swords, Axes, Knuckles, Guns, Spears, Polearms.

What could I make, what could I make...

Well, I really like the Infighter crap, but since KMS is doing that, ******** them, I can't create anything.

I'm trying really hard to think of something, but I can't.

One thing about the skills: Remember that they usually only have 6, so don't go overboard. O_o

Edit: So I looked on hidden-street, and it seems the 1st, and second have 6 skills each, and 3rd job has 7...

Course, I only looked through the thief and bowman skills at the number of skills, so yeah...

When I get something, I'll post again.

A Rusty Nail

Digital Dinosaur

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:54 pm
Monk- Throw Scared scrolls and has different spells. Can summon things.

Farmer- IN the Moon to throw a chicken? Well they could throw chickens, ride cows or pigs. Use rake, etc as weapon. But Armour sucks.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:56 am
I could easily think of new 2nd job advancements for existing classes, but not entirely new jobs.

Magician:

-Dark Wizard/Warlock/Corruptor (Users of dark magic. They use their curses and black magic to destroy whatever gets in their way.)
Some skills:

-Dark Bolt (The caster fires a ball of dark energy at the target.)
-Darkness (Puts the target in a state of darkness, lowering their accuracy. Does not work on bosses.)
-Drain Life (The target is afflicted with a curse that saps their health as it heals the caster.)

-???/Druid/Arch-Druid (An odd bunch of the magicians. They can shapeshift to take on roles that other classes take.)
Some skills:

-Heal
-Shapeshift (Bear) (Your character becomes a ferocious bear, increasing your weapon defense, attack power, and HP, but lowering your MP and magic attack power. Bears work kinda like Warriors.)
-Shapeshift (Panther) (Your character becomes a subtle panther, increasing attack power and weapon defense but lowering magic attack and defense. Panthers work somewhat like Bandits.)
-Dark Sight (Panther)
-Slash Blast (Bear)

Warrior:

-Barbarian/Berserker/Destroyer (A purely attacking class with small defensive potential. They have more attack power than other classes, but less HP. They are good with one-hand weapons.)
Some skills:

-Rage (Increases attack power, but lowers weapon defense)
-Whirlwind (An improved slash blast that knocks back monsters farther and deals more damage.)  

Serverus Snope

Anxious Noob

Madox
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:32 am
^ Lots of things from blizzard's games? (WoW, Diablo) XD?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:37 am
A Rusty Nail
This is rather difficult.

I'd like to base a class upon a type of weapon, or something, but Maple has pretty much done it all.

Bows, xBows, Daggers, Swords, Axes, Knuckles, Guns, Spears, Polearms.

What could I make, what could I make...

Well, I really like the Infighter crap, but since KMS is doing that, ******** them, I can't create anything.

I'm trying really hard to think of something, but I can't.

One thing about the skills: Remember that they usually only have 6, so don't go overboard. O_o

Edit: So I looked on hidden-street, and it seems the 1st, and second have 6 skills each, and 3rd job has 7...

Course, I only looked through the thief and bowman skills at the number of skills, so yeah...

When I get something, I'll post again.

Here's some weapons I know that haven't been used yet.

Scythes
Nunchakus
Double swords/knives (Not sure if it counts)
Morning star/real whips
Instruments  

Belcoot

Serverus Snope

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:38 am
Madox
^ Lots of things from blizzard's games? (WoW, Diablo) XD?
I can'[t really think of anything else...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:34 pm
Belcoot
Here's some weapons I know that haven't been used yet.

Scythes
Nunchakus
Double swords/knives (Not sure if it counts)
Morning star/real whips
Instruments

I was thinking Dual wielding but eh...

Perhaps I'll try to think up something...

Also the instrument thing too...bards...

Maybe I'll Maple-ize the jobs from Trickster Online.

But I don't wanna rip it off to much, and actually use the skills and whatnot from that game...

I wanna try Boxer or something, but thats to close to Infighters now.

Oh well.

Course, that would be the second job...what would come before a Boxer?

And what would the other second be, parallel to a boxer? =w=

Kickboxer? =w=

Better then nothing.

A Rusty Nail

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:08 pm
Pupil/Trainee (1st Job)

Requirement: Level 10 with 35 STR
(similar to warriors)

A class looking to make it big, and rise to the top and become a champion.
Can specialize in either Fist Boxing or Kick Boxing.

Second Job: Boxer or Kick-Boxer

Third Job: Professional Boxer or Professional Kick-Boxer(?)
(Lazy lazy names, just like those archers...)

Fourth Job: Champion or Champion(?)
(Lazy lazy names, just like those mages)

First Job Skills:

Improving HP Recovery (Yeah yeah, I'm ripping off warriors)
Master Level: 16
Recover additional HP every 10 sec. while standing still.

Improving Max HP Increase
Master Level: 10/Pre-requisite: Improving HP Recovery Lv. 5
This skill boosts up the amount of increase on MaxHP after each Level UP, or AP used on MaxHP.

Endure (Boxers need to Endure pain and such...)
Master Level: 8
Type: Passive/Pre-requisite: Improving Max HP Increase Lv. 3
Even when hanging on the rope or ladder, you'll be able to recover some HP after a certain amount of time.

Sturdy Shield (Name Stolen from Trickster =w=)
Master Level: 20
Type: Supportive
Increases Weapon Defense for a set period of time.

Power Blow (Name Stolen from Trickster =w=)
Type: Active
Delivers a blow into the enemy using the fist.

Volley Kick (Name Stolen from Trickster =w=)
Type: Active
Delivers a kick in an arc motion, up towards the enemy.

Erm...

Well yeah...thats first job.

Alot of ideas coming from Trickster Online and such...I'm lame with making up my own stuff, but what do I care.

I'll do Boxer and attempt a Kick-Boxer skills later.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:42 pm
Martial Artist:
A warrior that uses their body as the ultimate weapon,
They are able to deliver crushing blows with their feet and hands.
They are able to fire small chi blasts and are able to use a weak healing ability.

Black Belt:
The pinnacle of power for a Martial artist,
Their strikes are so powerful they are able to fire blasts of energy out of their fists, They are extremely fast and powerful.

I'm still thinking of a 4th Job Advancement. xd  

ReinbachThe3rd

Dapper Sex Symbol

5,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100

Teno10

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:26 am
Chemist- Able to use items (like stumps and feathers and other ect stuff) to create potions like red and white and bule and mana. Get the idea?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:55 am
Stats: Int/Str
Weapons: Glasses, or Chakram.
Job Req: Lvl 10/ 25 INT and 25 STR

Psychic- Characters with abnormal mental abilities that specialize in hendering their foe and doing high damage.

Skills:
- Mind Shock: A simple technique that shocks someone's mind doing low damage.
- Psychokinesis: Uses mental abilities to do strong damage against opponents.
- Dia: Lowers opponents defenses slightly and deals some damage.
- Paralyze: Stops an opponent's movement for a short period of time. Max time 150 secs, Doesn't work on bosses
- Phalanx: Gives resistance to physical and psychic damage. Max Time 300 Secs
- Choke: Slowly decreases an opponent's life, in increments of 100 when maxed. Doesn't work on bosses.

Psi-fighter- A much more advanced psychic that deals mostly in doing high damage with little on hendering the opponent.

Skills:
- Psyport: Moves user through time and space to have them appear somewhere else. Not effective in battle, returns to a saved location. Can't go across continents.
- Metallic Body: Changes users body to be made out of adamantium until ability is ceased, and severly lowers speed. Max: W.Def/M.Def +250 Speed lowered to minimum, lasts 100 secs.
- Psi Arrow: Uses psychic abilities to manifest a visible form of a bow an arrow that fires blast of psychic energy for powerful attacks.
- Flash Step: Creates a doppleganger, that appears on the other side of the opponent((Or mob)) and shoots a strong blast of psychic energy through them.
- Phantom Roll: Powerful attack that attacks the mind directly, but has a 50/50 chance of success. Only works on single opponent, success rate lowered to 40% when used on boss.
- Barrier- Uses psychic energy to create a shield to block magic attacks. Max 100 M. Def, lasts for 150 secs.

Psi-Force: The most powerful of psychic type fighters, whose use powerful mental attacks to do extremely powerful attacks.

- Survival of the Fittest- Allows character to live any attack with 1 hp unless they are already at 1 hp. Max 500 Secs
- Spirit Sheild- A powerful forcefield that blocks both physical and magical attacks. W.Def/M.Def 250.
- Psi-Blast- Creates large blasts of psychic energy that do immense damage. Max Basic attack 500%
- Dimensional Death: A physical attack of Psi-Blast, that performs many physical based attacks.
- Despair: Creates an orb that is held, when an opponent loos at it their mind is locked on it hypnotizing them while their life energy is drained from them. Max 10 Secs, 1500 hp every 3 secs, damage halfed on boss, character still able to move when using technique.
- Torment: Does a strong blast of psychic energy that may be able to stun opponent. Max basic attack 250%, Stun rate 95%.

Still working on the second route and 4th job. Some of the skills percentages are a lil' on the high side, so I'll have to adjust.

VaIentine Hoskuo

VaIentine Hoskuo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:57 am
Also, they could do a Air/Earth Mage.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:06 pm
Necromancher- Characters who have damned their lives in exchange for ultimate demonic power. Fighting with these dark powers, they channel their powers through scythes, the weapon of death, or demonic blades, swords forged of evil that no normal warrior can weild them.

Weapons- Scythes or Demonic swords

First skills

Blood drain: Absorbs damage inflicted on foe
Dark wave: Releases a wave of dark energy to foes
Death blow: With scythe, chance of killing foe with one hit. (Can't work on bosses, undead, or enemies that are higher level)
Skull blast: Demonic sword releases an orb of pure hatred upon foe.
HP Recovery: Recovers HP faster.
MP Recovery: Recovers MP faster.

Evil Knight- Corrupt warriors. Learning the dark ways of the blade, they train to learn new forbidden techneques.

Demonic Sword Mastery: Increases attack and accuracy while equip with Demonic sword
Demonic Sword Boost: Increases attack speed for a time.
Blood wave: Sacrafices a portion of life to deal normal damage on enemies.
Blood lust: Once activated, attacks increase after each foe's death.
Dark Aura: If success, weakens a foe's stats and adds it to your's. If not, it reverses.
Shadow guard: Uses unseen forces to counter attack. Only works on attacking foes.

Demonic Knight- Further corrupted warriors. Not only do they posess more forbidden attacks, but they are no longer human....

Devil trigger: Tranforms into a mid-ranked demon for a limited time.
Devil wave: Releases a wave of dark energy. Only works in devil form.
Devil slash: Inflicts more damage on enemy. Only works in devil form.
Flight: In devil form, spread wings open to fly for a limited time.
Air Raid: Attacks in mid-air. Only works in devil form and in flight.
Minor summon: Summons a minor demon to attack once.
Demonic gate: Sucks up weak foes. Half of their HP heals you.

More stuff to come.  

Belcoot

asdfJordan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:12 pm
Hah, awesome topic, I love it xd
I can't think of anything right now though... I'll try to post up later when I come up with something.  
Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff