Welcome to Gaia! ::

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Back to Guilds

Community for those interested in the darker, alternative side of life 

Tags: Alternative, Community, Rock, Chat, Goth 

Reply † The Dark Sanctuary †
"I promise you'll love it!" ~ Recommended books/games/films Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:14 am
Everyone has something that they hate (and we already have a thread for you to complain about that stuff in!) but what about the things you love? You know, the film you had to tell everyone about, or the books you've read ten times already?

Why not tell everyone about them here? wink Let me help get this started....

Recommended book: Hands down, it has to be "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. All I can say is it's pure genius and very funny, and because of it's age gets overlooked. I've put the text from the back cover down below xp

"According to the Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter - the world's only totally reliable guide to the future - the world will end on a Saturday. Next Saturday, in fact. Just after tea... "

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:19 pm
Book: The Dragonlance Chronicles, Harry Potter series, To Kill a Mocking Bird
Games: The Ace Combat series, Metal Gear Solid serie, Halo series, Kingdom Hearts 1,2, and soon 3, Final Fantasy series.
Movie: Back to the Future part 1,2,3, Any Naruto movie, 300, Tommy Boy, Blade, Kingkong, The Shining, Rush Hour 1,2,3, Highlander.  

Airforce Soldier

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:29 am
Movie: Hogfather - That's a film of the book written by Terry Pratchett. It was never in the cinema, just released on DVD and the TV, which is why people overlook it. But it's made VERY well, and it's absolutely brilliant.

Game: Primal - This is definately an overlook game. It was released on PS2 and it's still available. It's a fantasy based game about a young woman who finds herself in a fantasy world of four realms, 2 of chaos and 2 of order. She has to battle her way through the 4 worlds with the use of magical gauntlets. These gauntlets help her turn into 4 different demons which have different abilities depending on the 4 different worlds. It's a very good game and because it didn't get enough publicity it was overlooked.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:49 pm
Ace Combat 5  

Airforce Soldier

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:11 am
Book: Something from the nightside by Simon R Green. the Nightside series of books are amazing and I can guarentee anyone will love them. They're about a Private detective who lives in a palce called the Nightside..it's a part of London that ordinary eople can't see. Demons and evil things live there.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:43 pm
how about The Biten  

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:07 am
Who's it by Rose?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:30 pm
i forgot. because i don't have it with me. well i fix my computer but i still have problems sweatdrop  

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

fran_fran56

Magnetic Fatcat

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:58 pm
Books: May Bird And The EverAfter and May Bird and the Carnival At The End Of The World

Baisically, a girl fall into a lake that transports her to the world of the dead.
Its a planet where people go after they die.
She is a Live One and she tries getting back to earth.

It's an AMAZING series!!!
Hardly anyones read the series but its soo awesome.
If you plan on reading any book reccomended here, make this one a priority. It is such an amazing book. It'll pull you in and hold you
!!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:05 pm
i really enjoyed Stephen King's "The Shining" it was very well written and actually gave me a good shock!  

Summoned Shadows

fran_fran56

Magnetic Fatcat

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:15 pm
I've read that book. Its pretty good  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:19 am
+ Dweller - L.A.Banks  

Rose_the_Angel_of_Death

4,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:22 am
Rose_the_Angel_of_Death
+ Dweller - L.A.Banks

ah yes, I've heard of that author.

@fran_fran - those books sounds quite cool. I might check them out.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:35 pm
i have recently watched a music Video from a band called Nightwish and the video was for a song called Nemo.. i liked it a lot! although the song is pretty sad, i like the lead singer's voice and the instrumentals kick some hard-core a**!  

Summoned Shadows

Airforce Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:22 pm
The best song ever is Blurry by Puddle of Mudd.  
† The Dark Sanctuary †

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff