WHAT H@ppens After DEATH?>>>> Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

deciduzz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:28 am
"So I have a question for you...."

So what happens when you die? Do you wake up someplace else? what if you don't want to die? is that what ghosts are?

So many questions about death that haven't been answered. Do you go to someplace you love? or just heaven? And is there a small hole that part in the clouds so that you could see earth? I'm not sure. See I'm catholic and all the bible ever says is that we'll go to heaven. But what is heaven really like? I was hoping somebody'd help me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:15 am
I think when we die, we die. Theres nothing more to it.
Good luck with finding a deeper answer. 3nodding  

Spiffle

Cheeto Bandito

Professional Bandit

22,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:11 am
You get buried or cremated. Decompose or turn to ashes.

Meaning there's just nothing.
Your brain gets burned or decomposes too

Your brain is the thing that makes you believe that you have a spirit/soul of some sort that'll leave the body after death.
But you can't scientifically prove that your body contains a spirit/soul of some sort.

I think people need to believe that there's some sort of afterlife.
It makes living this life more bearable if you can trust in the fact that after you die, you'll go someplace where you'll never feel angry or upset and always feel loved & happy.
A place where you'll never experience the horrible things that you see and experience in this life.
A place where you'll never have to be scared.

And Hell or any other afterlife place, was made up thousands of years ago
To scare people and make them obey and live their life according to society's rules.
Heaven was made up to offer the people comfort and some sort of prize that if they abide by the rules, they'll get rewarded in afterlife.

But, in my opinion, this is it.
This is all the life you get, so better start living it, before it's too late (o^-')b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:27 am
>>

It depends on whos opinion you're talking about.

I think that everything is within a person's brain (their morals, values, spirits, whatever you want to call it) so when we die, they die too.

Edit: Yeah, just like Cheeto said. ;3
I agree with him completely.

<<

SapphireSara2
Captain

PixieofDestruction

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:52 am
Well, I'm Catholic too so I can kinda tell you from the Catholic perspective. There's 7 stages of heaven. Depending on how good you were you go to a different stage and you stay there. Its kinda like a caste system only everything is good. It just gets better and better the higher the stage is. Hell is the same way. There are 7 stages to hell as well and they get worse and worse depending on how bad you were. Purgatory is not a bad place really. You're just kinda in mental angst for centuries, depending on how long you've been sentenced to be there. The angst comes from you being so close to heaven and you can't get in and you want it really bad. While you're in purgatory you kinda do good deeds by praying for the people who are on earth. The people who are on earth can pray for the souls who are in purgatory too so they can get out sooner. When you do that they get a fresh gasp of air. I like to keep them in my prayers because if I'm lucky enough that's where I think I'll be one day and I'd like to have prayers sent my way. As far as the children who die before they get baptised they can't go to heaven but they can't go to hell either. Its not limbo, though. Its a good place. Children who die and have been baptised join The archangel, Gabriel in his Army as angels. its all really complicated. I provided you with some answers but I'm sure that only brings up more questions.

And ghosts are people who didn't get aproper burial. TO make them go away you need to find their remains and have them burried and a ceremony and everything.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:11 am
I don't think there is an afterlife. When you die, you die. Your consciousness just stops existing.  

Goddess Juneau

Cheeto Bandito

Professional Bandit

22,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:18 am
PixieofDestruction
Well, I'm Catholic too so I can kinda tell you from the Catholic perspective. There's 7 stages of heaven. Depending on how good you were you go to a different stage and you stay there. Its kinda like a caste system only everything is good. It just gets better and better the higher the stage is. Hell is the same way. There are 7 stages to hell as well and they get worse and worse depending on how bad you were. Purgatory is not a bad place really. You're just kinda in mental angst for centuries, depending on how long you've been sentenced to be there. The angst comes from you being so close to heaven and you can't get in and you want it really bad. While you're in purgatory you kinda do good deeds by praying for the people who are on earth. The people who are on earth can pray for the souls who are in purgatory too so they can get out sooner. When you do that they get a fresh gasp of air. I like to keep them in my prayers because if I'm lucky enough that's where I think I'll be one day and I'd like to have prayers sent my way. As far as the children who die before they get baptised they can't go to heaven but they can't go to hell either. Its not limbo, though. Its a good place. Children who die and have been baptised join The archangel, Gabriel in his Army as angels. its all really complicated. I provided you with some answers but I'm sure that only brings up more questions.

And ghosts are people who didn't get aproper burial. TO make them go away you need to find their remains and have them burried and a ceremony and everything.
Aren't there 9 levels of Hell? 10 including Purgatory?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:18 pm
I know for a fact heaven has 7 but hell I'm not so sure. I just know that there are different levels to it too. Purgatory is not hell. You eventually do leave purgatory and enter heaven. You can't leave hell. Not even Lucifer could leave hell, just his army of demons. Well, I think that his time is up to not be able to leave, is what my dad's explained to me. He's a hard core catholic. He's even performed exorcisms.  

PixieofDestruction

Dracolich

Dangerous Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:04 pm
I don't think about it really as I'm not religious, and I've never had anything spiritual happen to me. When you're dead, you're dead *shrug*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:32 pm
Heres the thing about religion. All people can tell you are what they were taught. NO ONE knows for sure whats after this world. they can only guess really. So I'd advise you find something YOU believe in and not base your life on what others tell you. find something you yourself can get into. other than that enjoy what little time you have on earth. razz  

Deathmotto Owner of Souls

PixieofDestruction

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:58 pm
Deathmotto Owner of Souls
Heres the thing about religion. All people can tell you are what they were taught. NO ONE knows for sure whats after this world. they can only guess really. So I'd advise you find something YOU believe in and not base your life on what others tell you. find something you yourself can get into. other than that enjoy what little time you have on earth. razz

Its very true. We can read about it and be told about it but no one really knows for sure till it happens to them. He is catholic, though and a big part of the religion is to believe blindly and you will see. Religion has a funny way to use words and everyone will interpret it differently and that's ok. It was meant to be that way, and so be it. Deciduzz, I really think you should go to catechizm (sp?) or have a one on one with a priest about this. He can explain far better than I can because I don't have years of knowledge of our religion like your local pirest would.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:20 pm
X--->

It depends. If you don't accept God into your soul then you will go to hell (Eternal suffering) but if you do accept God you will go to heaven (Etearnal happiness and joy.)

<---X

Emo_Like_A_Dinosaur

SketchySolid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:13 pm
Well, I'm a Mennonite, and the way I understand it (and the way most Christians understand it, I think), is that when you die, you are judged.

It's really simple:

If you have asked for forgiveness for your sins, and if you've accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, then you "pass the test", and get to go live with God forever in Heaven.

If not, you are cut off from God forever, in Hell.

Note that how good you are, or whether you believe in God is not the deciding factor here. Just if you've accepted the gift of salvation from Jesus Christ.

Now that I've done my preaching for the day, as to what exactly that Heaven or Hell is like: I don't know. But Heaven is full of good stuff, and Hell... well... not so much.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:32 pm
SketchySolid
Well, I'm a Mennonite, and the way I understand it (and the way most Christians understand it, I think), is that when you die, you are judged.

It's really simple:

If you have asked for forgiveness for your sins, and if you've accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, then you "pass the test", and get to go live with God forever in Heaven.

Note that how good you are, or whether you believe in God is not the deciding factor here. Just if you've accepted the gift of salvation from Jesus Christ.

Now that I've done my preaching for the day, as to what exactly that Heaven or Hell is like: I don't know. But Heaven is full of good stuff, and Hell... well... not so much.

If I am correct the catholic belief is the same way as the protestant. Just repent and you're good to go. What caste you're put in depends on how good you were. I forgot to mention that part, so thank you for bringing it up ^_^  

PixieofDestruction

P!NKIE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm not affiliated with any religion but I think that nothing happens after death. You're just nothingness. But there's really no way to tell until you're actually dead.

SketchySolid

It's really simple:

What about the other religions? The people who don't believe in Jesus? What happens to them?

Serious Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff